Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like stamped images on cardstock

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy stamped images on white cardstock. I really, really want some cards but can't afford all the stamps, so I thought I would ask y'all. My other problem is I really want a few that are discontinued by stampin up...geez they quit selling some really great stamps. Please let me know if anyone offers stamped images without color of any sort. I want to finish them myself...Blessings, June
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Insane Embellisher

Received 90 Likes on 55 Posts

You can go online to the SU website and read their policies, but with any company it is generally a violation of their copyright to sell their images or reproduce them by copying, etc. This protects the company and the artists. Many retired stamps are sold right here on SCS at super low prices! You can also offer to trade whatever you may have for a set. Good luck!
Glitter Queen

Thank you...had no idea about copyright issues...don't want to go there. So, it's ok to sell finished cards...like etsy does...just not stamped, unfinished cards...is that right?. Blessings, June
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know just what you mean about discontinued great images ... it's too bad but the all do that I suppose.

Here's an idea. What about if you make a list of your top must haves, post your list here and maybe a stamping fairy would send you some 'just because' there is no rule about NOT selling images and sharing them! You might want to add specifics like if they can be stamped close together, or need to be like a card front size. Where are you from?
Stampin' Fool

My take on the copyright issue is this. Most companies have what they call an "Angel policy" that covers selling finished cards that use their stamps. They often state that the company name and copyright symbol need to appear on each card sold...like the Hallmark brand on the back....and often they put a limit on how many you can sell of cards featuring each image.
The copyright of the individual stamped image is there specifically to protect that image from being sold over and over so people won't buy the stamp themselves. This protects the artist that designed the image as well as the company selling the stamp.
However; as cardmaker2 said, there is nothing preventing some stamp "fairies" from sending you a few images. We all understand budgets and don't mind helping out a stamping sister who is having a hard time financially now and then.

Also, do check EBay and the B/S/T thread here on SCS. You can sometimes find good deals.
Check local Goodwills, and even garage sale listings. If someone is selling stamps they often will list that specifically in their garage sale ad.
Glitter Queen

Thank you everyone...I'm in muggy hot Houston. Wishing I was in oregon with my sisters. I really love the stamp "for your country" the soldier holding the flag and the boots. I was wishing for it to be stamped on white cardstock..and the boots stamped separate on another piece of cardstock. France Martin made a wonderful card and I really want to send these to our family fighting forces. Also, the Nobel deer is amazing and would love this on white cardstock. It reminds me of our elk in oregon, not the dog size deer here in Texas. My family gets a laugh when they see my great kill here.
Thank you to anyone of you fairies out there. Blessings, June.
Glitter Queen

I forgot my address...it's 851 ashland avenue, channelview, tx 77530. Blessings june
Gallery Gazer

I hope someone will stamp those for you! Unfortunately I don't have either of those sets. I do have Walk in the Wild, with a moose if that helps. Noble Deer is a classic and I regret not having it...
Glitter Queen

Thanks for your help. I see you live in Canada...my older brother lives in castlegar and I love it there....beautiful country. He's been there as a builder for over 40 years. Blessings, June
Polyshrink Goddess

If I had those stamp sets I would stamp them out for you. Sorry.
Glitter Queen

Thank you Colby for telling me about the stamp fairies. It is a big change when you retire and social security steps in. At least we have it here. I'm presently waiting for a lung transplant and we watch our spending...so thanks for any suggestions. Blessings, june
Stampin' Fool

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What about joining the Wish RAK group here on SCS? You have to request to be added to the group, but once you are in, you can 'wish' for stamps and even request the type of paper and ink you prefer. It's been so long since I joined, I've forgotten how exactly, but you go to the User Groups - Random Acts Of Kindness and request to join the group. Maybe someone else can direct you how to join up?
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I have Nobel deer. Would be glad to stamp some for you! Is it just the big deer you are wanting and what size white paper. What will you be using to color it? That would determine the ink I stamp it with.
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Simon says stamp has these on WC paper
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/searc...ercolor+prints

Some others might too.....
Stampin' Fool

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post
What about joining the Wish RAK group here on SCS? You have to request to be added to the group, but once you are in, you can 'wish' for stamps and even request the type of paper and ink you prefer. It's been so long since I joined, I've forgotten how exactly, but you go to the User Groups - Random Acts Of Kindness and request to join the group. Maybe someone else can direct you how to join up?
Sorry, I said that you wish for stamps, but meant that you wish for stamped images. A fellow wish RAK'r may stamp out some images and send them to you in the mail. You can also grant wishes of stamped images to others.
Glitter Queen

Kathy, I'm using 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 ..and him stamped in the center ...I can't believe this, y'all are wonderful. I wish I could post the elk my nephew killed in eastern Oregon this past season...looks just like this stamp. There freezers still full. I was going to sponge sky and background. I'm learning about stamping. Thank you again. Blessings, June
Glitter Queen

Mrs clark, thank you for the information. I've never heard of chemo angels, but ithas to be a wonderful group. I'll tell my sister about your group. She's retired from Emanuel hospital in Portland and was just saying she needs to find something to occupy her time. She just lost my brother in law a year ago, and your group sounds like what she needs to be involved with. Blessings, june
Proud Fan Club Member

June , I stamped six Nobel deer and two of the other deer in the set. I'll send them out tomorrow but need a last name. You can send a private message with that if you'd like.
Gallery Gazer

That just makes me so happy!! This neighbourhood of ours is full of kind hearts

Castlegar is beautiful! We love British Columbia, we are one province over but have beauty to be seen here too. The Rocky Mountains are for us about 5 hour drive so we don't get there too often.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post
Is chemo angels the same group that was called card Angels? I was part of CA about 8 yrs. ago. I have googled CA a few times in the last year and I found them. Now they don't come up.

Sounds like the same group. Thanks!
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Chemo Angels is a wonderful organization. They have three main categories of "Angels":

Chemo Angels are assigned one person who is currently undergoing (or is about to undergo) chemotherapy. They are required to send one small gift, card, or letter at least once every week, until their chemo is finished.

Card Angels are assigned one person who is currently undergoing (or is about to undergo) chemotherapy. They are required to send one card, note or letter at least once a week, until their chemo is finished. (The only difference between these two is that the traditional Chemo Angels send mostly gifts, and the Card Angels send mostly cards.)

Senior Angels are assigned a senior (who may, or may not, be sick). This is a bigger commitment as your assignment doesn't generally end, until... well, until the senior is no longer able to receive your mail. For this, you can send cards, letters, small gifts - whatever you want - but something at least once a week.

I've been a Card Angel for years now, and love it. I'll try to put a link here to their website: http://chemoangels.wixsite.com/chemo-angels-1

Glitter Queen

God bless all of you caring sisters...my information is june fouridis, 851 ashland blvd, channelview, tx 77530. I'm sorry, with all the excitement, I forgot this. Blessings, june
Proud Fan Club Member

June, I still have time to catch today's mail, so Nobel deer images go out today!
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by BashfulStamperView Post
Chemo Angels is a wonderful organization. They have three main categories of "Angels":

Chemo Angels are assigned one person who is currently undergoing (or is about to undergo) chemotherapy. They are required to send one small gift, card, or letter at least once every week, until their chemo is finished.

Card Angels are assigned one person who is currently undergoing (or is about to undergo) chemotherapy. They are required to send one card, note or letter at least once a week, until their chemo is finished. (The only difference between these two is that the traditional Chemo Angels send mostly gifts, and the Card Angels send mostly cards.)

Senior Angels are assigned a senior (who may, or may not, be sick). This is a bigger commitment as your assignment doesn't generally end, until... well, until the senior is no longer able to receive your mail. For this, you can send cards, letters, small gifts - whatever you want - but something at least once a week.

I've been a Card Angel for years now, and love it. I'll try to put a link here to their website: http://chemoangels.wixsite.com/chemo-angels-1

Thank you for all the info! I just applied again. My time with card angels lasted about a year until I heard my assignment was over. That was 7-8 years ago. I'm happy to have the time to devote to this again. Thanks!
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts

June, although I don't have the stamps you mentioned, it would be a privilege to stamp a few nature-type images for you; I'll place some in the mail to you soon.

I also love being a Card Angel ..... I learned about this wonderful organization through a sweet SCS'er (Diane "DCinkit") and signed up to receive my first assignment in April of 2015. It's such a joy to create an encouraging card to send out to my "buddy" each week.

~ Rita

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Glitter Queen

Thank you stamping servant and muskrat...I'm so excited about the nobel deer...my nephew hunts deer and elk every year in oregon. He hunted with his Dad and 5 other men. My brother in law is now in heaven and he had gone hunting with Corey 1 year ago and was so weak he ask Corey to take his shot. They came in with 2 elk..which they split with the others...Corey's birthday is September 9 and now I can make him happy with this card..he's not a boy he's 45, but will love the card and me. I'll tell him about you special sisters. Blessings, june

Ps..the reason I wanted the ..for you country..my uncle was in Special Forces and retired. His lungs are damaged very bad from Vietnam and he has a room dedicated to Army.i made him a beautiful quilt with machine embroidered patriotic designs and he cried.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi June - I'm going to close this thread - but I wanted to tell you why. Soliciting of any kind is a violation of our site posting rules.

And, as others have said - the sale of stamped images violates probably all stamp companies' copyright rights and we do not encourage it. Thanks for understanding.

I know you're new - so please read our site posting rules - they are located in the footer on every page of our site. Feel free to let me know if you have questions. Thanks.