Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new printer that does a great job on cardstock, ec.

Last week I ordered a new Canon printer from HSN. I had heard this one was good for printing cardstock. I arrived today and as soon as I got it set up, I started testing its' capabilities. By the way it is the "Canon PIXMA TS9020 Wireless Inkjet all-in-one printer" and I could not be any happier!!! I tested it by printing on 80# Neenah, 110# Recollections (that I use for my card bases), 90# Strathmore Watercolor and 140# Canson Watercolor papers and they all did great! I have a couple of photos:

1. The "grey" and the smaller print are both printed on the 90# watercolor paper and the pretty water colored pink flowers on 110# Recollections

2 The "man fishing" watercolor on 140# watercolor paper and the print of some fabric that I scanned on 80# Neenah

I also want to point out that you can print 5x7 borderless!!! I am sure my photos don't do justice to the prints......in real life they are stunning!!! My older printer is a Canon PIXMA MX870 and it too does great printing, but it is getting old and I have a fear of it "biting the dust"....I have to have a printer that can print on cardstock and water color paper and I know that a lot of you have the same needs, so I thought I would let you know what I found!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2017, 04:42 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkieMomaView Post
Last week I ordered a new Canon printer from HSN. I had heard this one was good for printing cardstock. I arrived today and as soon as I got it set up, I started testing its' capabilities. By the way it is the "Canon PIXMA TS9020 Wireless Inkjet all-in-one printer" and I could not be any happier!!! I tested it by printing on 80# Neenah, 110# Recollections (that I use for my card bases), 90# Strathmore Watercolor and 140# Canson Watercolor papers and they all did great! I have a couple of photos:

1. The "grey" and the smaller print are both printed on the 90# watercolor paper and the pretty water colored pink flowers on 110# Recollections

2 The "man fishing" watercolor on 140# watercolor paper and the print of some fabric that I scanned on 80# Neenah

I also want to point out that you can print 5x7 borderless!!! I am sure my photos don't do justice to the prints......in real life they are stunning!!! My older printer is a Canon PIXMA MX870 and it too does great printing, but it is getting old and I have a fear of it "biting the dust"....I have to have a printer that can print on cardstock and water color paper and I know that a lot of you have the same needs, so I thought I would let you know what I found!!!
Pam,

Thank you so much for the review. I've been on the fence about buying a new printer (mine's a 12 year old Epson that still works beautifully but is only a printer). I'll definitely check this one out. Your pictures came out great, by the way.

fifi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for sharing this info! I have an Epson small-in-one xp820 and it struggles to print on cardstock. I have to print one page at a time and use manual feed. Sometimes it completely ignores the manual feed and picks up paper from the bottom tray. It takes some work!Love how everything came out for you! Beautiful prints.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2017, 05:09 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Great review. I had a Canon Mark II, and the output was excellent! I love my Canon Laser, works beautifully for foil embossing too! I had to sell the Canon Mark II when we moved cross country. I replaced it with an Epson R2000, and love it. I'd recommend either Canon or Epson as great printers, but the model does matter. Both brands have had feed issues depending on the model, I've experienced this with both brands. I have to add I've found even the cheaper models perform well with both brands. The Mark II was a surprise gift for Christmas from my DH, that's how I became hooked on the pro printers. They are awesome, but my cheap Epson that uses only 4 inks prints pics so similar to the pro model that it's difficult to tell which printer I used!!!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress

Last edited by Annecards; 05-16-2017 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2017, 04:44 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

There is some information about this printer that I want to add that I did not think of in my original post. First of all, I love the size of this new printer....it is so much easier for me to move because it is so much smaller than my old Canon and weighs a lot less! My old Canon is a horse!!! I am adding a couple of photos for comparison. I am not utilizing all of the WIFI features of it either....don't really need at this time. The machine retails for $199.99 but you can find it all over the place for $149.99 and I got it for $149.95 with 5 flex payments of $29.99 at HSN and they still have that deal at their website. Also, notice in the 2nd photo that the display screen is 5" and you can get the printer in red or white......white fit better into the decor of my craft room, but the red is gorgeous!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for your review, Pam. I have an older Canon Pixma MX360 which I really like. It looks quite a bit like your old one. It's working fine right now, but like you, I've worried what I will use when it quits.

Also, I'm already having trouble finding the right ink for it. I think when the printers become older, they quit selling ink for them. That happened with an old vacuum cleaner I had. The vacuum still worked well, but I couldn't find the bags for it, so had to get a new vacuum!

From the pictures, it looks like your printer has an outside paper feed. Does it? My printer has only the outside feed for paper. There is no drawer inside.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Thanks for your review, Pam. I have an older Canon Pixma MX360 which I really like. It looks quite a bit like your old one. It's working fine right now, but like you, I've worried what I will use when it quits.

Also, I'm already having trouble finding the right ink for it. I think when the printers become older, they quit selling ink for them. That happened with an old vacuum cleaner I had. The vacuum still worked well, but I couldn't find the bags for it, so had to get a new vacuum!

From the pictures, it looks like your printer has an outside paper feed. Does it? My printer has only the outside feed for paper. There is no drawer inside.
Yes, there is the "rear" feed which is what you use for cardstock, etc. and then the front "drawer" feed for copy paper. My love for my old PIXMA (which also has the "rear" paper feed and does great with cardstock, ecl.) is the main reason I decided to purchase this new one and I really am VERY happy with it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, Pam. Maybe I should plan ahead and get a new one before I need it!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am saving this. When we get a new printer I will want this info! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2017, 06:29 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Very helpful information - thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes