Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2017, 05:34 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT459~May 9, 2017~Mother, Oh Mother, Where Art Thou

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #459

Mother, Oh Mother, Where Art Thou

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Whether your mother (or a stand-in mother) was a fancy dancer, a snazzy dresser, or just a crazy slapper (of band-aids on little knees) she holds a treasured spot in our memories. On this set aside day to remind her of how much we love her, we should always strive to do it with a lot of style and maybe even a little flash.

2: So in true Teapotterville style; lets not just say Happy Mother's Day. Lets do it up with some fun stories and cards that show a really fun memory of that mother love. And let us all share in your celebration of your mother on her special day.

3: Many of us have sent our real mother to the angels but if you have a stand in mother we will celebrate her too.

Challenge Translation:

Bring your memories, your stories, your photos; and lets celebrate the love our mothers showered on us

Destination Station:

This week the teaparty bus is traveling throughout Teapotterville and collecting stories from all residents in order to celebrate Mother's Day in a slightly wilder than normal fashion.

Here is a quick link to MMTPT459 challenge gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT459 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
~~~~Sheri~~~~

Last edited by Ksnurse; 05-16-2017 at 05:10 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2017, 06:16 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mother has joined the heavenly chorus. I still honoring her by focusing on something cool about her, making the card in such a way that I can send it to my children and grandchildren This year, living in a Continuing Health Care facility I have also helped a number of Assisted Living Residents to make CAS cards to send to one of their children.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

My mother also joined the heavenly chorus last year, I was thinking it would be hard this year and I wouldn't be making her a card. But this challenge changed that, I below is the link to the card I made to honor her.Mother's Memory by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Made 2 Mother's Day cards, one for my mom and one for my MIL.

For my MIL, Agnes

For my Mom, Barb

As I think many mothers do, raising your own kids really makes you appreciate all your parents did for you. My mom is amazing and did a great job raising me and my 2 sisters. I love that now I'm an adult she is one of my best friends. I also love when I ask her for advice, she often doesn't have any and admits she never knew what she was doing either as a mom! HA! Sure makes me feel better when my mom choices turn out to be less than stellar.

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Made two cards for Mother's Day. However, they will go out to friends of mine. My mother has been with the angels since 1984. So the special people in my life are friends that I would like to remember for Mother's Day.

Jug of Tulips

and

Bowl of Nature
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2017, 12:42 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 711 Likes on 545 Posts

Happily my mother is still alive, but I had already send her card for Mother's Day I made this one in honor to my mother and will send her for her birthday, my mother loves flowers and works still a lot in her garden

MMTPT459 Mother in the fields by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2017, 05:13 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

My Mother and DH's mothers are both gone, so I made a Mother's Day card for our wonderful DD! Just Saying Hello by JustCallMeNana - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2017, 05:23 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 711 Likes on 545 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
My Mother and DH's mothers are both gone, so I made a Mother's Day card for our wonderful DD! Just Saying Hello by JustCallMeNana - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I think your link isn't right

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is a Mother's Day card!

MMTPT459 Smelling Roses
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

my story is in the card write about my Mother. Wishing all a very Happy Mothers Day as we are all mothers in one way or another weather it be children, pets or other ways.

Happy Mothers Day by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes