Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Stik tool

Has anyone ever been able to actually get this thing apart to refill it? I've watched several You Tube videos, but I'll be darned if I can get this thing apart. Just wondering if I should toss it (except for the pokey end) or keep trying. Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2017, 02:55 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I actually threw mine away because I couldn't get it to work. Every time I twisted the sticky end, I couldn't get the tacky stick to stop coming out. I wasted more than I used. Then the point of the plastic piercer snapped off. It was a complete waste of money, and I would never buy another one. I use a clear crayon (the resist crayon you get with Easter egg decorating kits) to pick up tiny items, and it works like a charm. Any crayon will do, but I have some clear and some white from when my kids were little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't know it was refillable. What do you refill it with?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Default Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I actually threw mine away because I couldn't get it to work. Every time I twisted the sticky end, I couldn't get the tacky stick to stop coming out. I wasted more than I used. Then the point of the plastic piercer snapped off. It was a complete waste of money, and I would never buy another one. I use a clear crayon (the resist crayon you get with Easter egg decorating kits) to pick up tiny items, and it works like a charm. Any crayon will do, but I have some clear and some white from when my kids were little.
So far the sharp end has held up, but I think I will just take that out and throw the other part away. The part you need to put new tacky stuff in is never going to come apart. I will try a crayon like you said.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by La FonzView Post
I didn't know it was refillable. What do you refill it with?
I too didn't think it was refillable, when it's done it's done! I know, in our crafting world, we try to find ways to refill or recycle, but I don't think this is one of those items!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2017, 03:53 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't think it was refillable:confused: The green stuff went hard really quickly in mine so it doesn't work anymore. I could never figure out how to get the green stuff out but I did carefully heat it a little with my heat-gun to see what would happen. I had hoped it might soften & I could dig it out but nope, didn't work :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I use mine, pulling the pokey end out to use with the gray stuff end. The annoying part is that the gray stuff wants to ooze out more than I want it to. I wonder if they changed what's in it.

Googling "youtube quick stik" there are several refill videos, though with other options don't know how many people will want to try it. Here's one.

ETA - oops, BabyNurse, another video shows better how to pull it apart. If you don't see it on youtube I'll find it again and post it for you.
https://m.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2017, 10:45 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

I had the Quick Stick and hated it from the start; it didn't take long for it to hit the circular file! I found this at my LSS and totally love it:

JEWEL PICKER : MARVY UCHIDA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I use mine, pulling the pokey end out to use with the gray stuff end. The annoying part is that the gray stuff wants to ooze out more than I want it to. I wonder if they changed what's in it.

Googling "youtube quick stik" there are several refill videos, though with other options don't know how many people will want to try it. Here's one.

ETA - oops, BabyNurse, another video shows better how to pull it apart. If you don't see it on youtube I'll find it again and post it for you.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogw3b1B2I-k
Thanks for this info! I didn't know you could refill them, and I haven't had problems using mine, so this will be a great solution when I run out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Default I watched that video and several more

Quote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogw3b1B2I-k
and I've worked and worked. This thing is NOT coming apart. But thank you for trying to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

Default Thanks for the link and info

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I had the Quick Stick and hated it from the start; it didn't take long for it to hit the circular file! I found this at my LSS and totally love it:

JEWEL PICKER : MARVY UCHIDA
I will look for this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyNurseView Post
and I've worked and worked. This thing is NOT coming apart. But thank you for trying to help.
Oh, that's too bad. : ( Have you tried with two pairs of players, one in each hand for each end? That's what the other video showed, and the demonstrator said it's possible the tip would be broken then, but it's how she got hers apart.

You know, there are two products that look almost the same but I think were a little bit different, including what's inside them. But I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

Default Only one pair of pliers, but...

Quote:

Oh, that's too bad. : ( Have you tried with two pairs of players, one in each hand for each end? That's what the other video showed, and the demonstrator said it's possible the tip would be broken then, but it's how she got hers apart.

You know, there are two products that look almost the same but I think were a little bit different, including what's inside them. But I could be wrong.
I used one of those rubber "round to it" things to get a good grip on the other end. I might have hubby try. If he breaks it, it will just be a good excuse to get a new one or a substitute. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I loved the video, but I'm curious if the blue TAC product will work. In the video, she hasn't used up all the original tacky stuff yet. You can see where it ends and the blue begins in the stick. I'm wondering if it will be as tacky as the original stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyNurseView Post
I used one of those rubber "round to it" things to get a good grip on the other end. I might have hubby try. If he breaks it, it will just be a good excuse to get a new one or a substitute. Thanks again.
Ah. Yes, pliers are the tool of choice. : ) Here's the video with the plier lady. And the sticky stuff in hers was all gone, Muscrat.

https://m.
ETA I was wrong, not completely empty. But it should work.

Last edited by bjeans; 04-20-2017 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: ETA
Reply With Quote Likes