View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #12
Rachelrose
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
What a GREAT IDEA! I will put this tid-bit of information in the file with my stencils. I haven't gotten into stencils as this woman has, that is yet to come! LOL But, the last time I used my stencils, I tried out my homemade Gelli Plate.... I ran a sink of SUPER HOT water with dish detergent (not dish washer soap), & just dropped them in when I was all done, (If I remember correctly, I did wear gloves too), & then I used a fingernail brush to scrub them carefully & the paint came right off!
Getting to your stencils right away is definitely the best way to keep them clean. If you drop them into a pan of water immediately, there's never a problem.

But in the heat of the moment, we tend to not do that. (Or at least I often don't !)

Tim Holtz recommends alcohol wipes. I just remembered this from an online course I took with him. I've never tried that, either.

And I don't think the care for a homamade gelatin plate is the same as for a Gelli Plate. If by that you mean one made with actual gelatin. A Gelli Plate is some kind of plastic material.

I clean my Gelli Plate with either mineral oil or hand sanitizer. (Circling back around to the original question.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!