Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default PTI rant

Well, I was one of the buyers during a recent sale last month at PTI (PaperTrey Ink). I have never had one of my orders "in holding pattern" , now I have. Ugh!

Order was entered and PayPal payment made on March 27, they marked my order fulfilled and printed a UPS shipping label......and there it sits....in limbo....unmailed as of April 5th but paid for. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

PTI sent out a notice to buyers that some items might not be in stock and would be mailed when they arrived. What they failed to mention was that the entire order would be held until such items arrive. What ruffles my feathers is that that they are showing ALL items fulfilled on the order form they are showing on my account. If the order is full filled, send it! If there are items that are not in stock, show those items!!!! Do not leave the buyer hanging in limbo, waiting for whatever is holding up the order!!!!! :-x

What is wrong with this company? Don't they realize that good communication will elimate 90% of customer dissatisfaction?

Arg!!!!

Last edited by Boss; 04-05-2017 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: More info
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain!

I'm experiencing the same thing with SSS right now. I placed my order on March 29th and the charge is on my credit card, but it hasn't shipped yet, one week later. I keep checking and it still says "processing". Now some of the items are showing out of stock, but I haven't had any notification, so I'm hoping that they were able to fill my order. One of the items is now "on reserve" until May 31st. I'd rather not pay $90 for an order that might not be shipped for two months. I'll give it a few more days before contacting them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately most companies hold orders till out of stock items come in, I think it's cheaper for them to do that. But March 27 for an order and its only the 5th now....that doesn't seem like a long time.....I've waited at Simon Says Stamp for 2-3 weeks on a shipment. I hope you get your order soon.

And any item on reserve at Simon Says Stamp will not ship until the reserve date..unless the item comes in early which is RARE. They do have that on their website when you purchase from them that any items with reserve items will be held until reserve item comes in, or place two separate orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow PTI is still having problems a month after it's sale?!?!?! That's terrible. I know it was a big sale, but the recovery time here seems a bit absurd. They should have absolutely marked that item as unavailable before being able to put it in your cart and allowing you to pay for it. And then to hold your order? I'd be really upset too. I know when I order stamps... I am counting down until they arrive with excitement. I'm sorry to hear you are going through that. PTI used to have a quick turn around time. However Simon Says Stamps... as much as I love them and order from them... I don't understand why it takes them so long to ship and for items to be delivered. If I want something soon, I just order the same product from another company now. If it's something I can wait for, then I'll order from Simon Says Stamp. Stampin Up bothers me the most with the slow shipping. And I'm a demo! (Although a hobby demo.) Sorry, slow shipping is one of my pet peeves! Oh how i miss being able to run to a store and buy items. In Chicago, there is no-where to go except Michaels and Joann and for the most part... they carry the same stamps and supplies for years. I find myself ordering more from Ellen Hutson and A Cherry On Top - places with quick turn around times.

Last edited by Catherine773; 04-05-2017 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #5  

Received 846 Likes on 279 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post
Wow PTI is still having problems a month after it's sale?!?!?! That's terrible. I know it was a big sale, but the recovery time here seems a bit absurd. They should have absolutely marked that item as unavailable before being able to put it in your cart and allowing you to pay for it. And then to hold your order? I'd be really upset too. I know when I order stamps... I am counting down until they arrive with excitement. I'm sorry to hear you are going through that. PTI used to have a quick turn around time. However Simon Says Stamps... as much as I love them and order from them... I don't understand why it takes them so long to ship and for items to be delivered. If I want something soon, I just order the same product from another company now. If it's something I can wait for, then I'll order from Simon Says Stamp. Stampin Up bothers me the most with the slow shipping. And I'm a demo! (Although a hobby demo). Sorry, slow shipping is one of my pet peeves! Oh how i miss being able to run to a store and buy items. In Chicago, there is no-where to go except Michaels and Joann and for the most part... they carry the same stamps and supplies for years. I find myself ordering more from Ellen Hutson and A Cherry On Top - places with quick turn around times.

SU typically sends out orders within 1-3 days after order has been submitted. The only time I've ever seen a significant delay is at the beginning of a new catalog and I haven't expedited my order. It will naturally, take longer for shipments to get back east than the west coast due to the distance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 10:42 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought from PTI during the sale, too. They made it very clear that it could be "awhile" for orders to ship. This was not a problem for me, as they have one sale a year and the discount is worth the wait. I also received free shipping. I am happy with the arrangement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

In defense of my rant, all companies that I have dealt with will send the order on its way promptly, making note in the packing slip if an item is out of stock and not in shipment. They will then mail the item when it is available, at their cost for shipping. (This is policy at Gina Marie Designs, ScrapbookPal, 123 Stitch, Creative Play Stamps, Taylored Expressions, Stamp & Storage, and a few others that I am forgetting.)

And for clarification, my order was entered on March 16 and money taken out of PayPal acct that same day. The SHIPPING label was printed on March 27, with no sign at UPS that it has been delivered to them yet. So they have had my money for a good long time without any indications of when they might actually ship the order.

My main point of the rant is that it is the responsibility of the vendor to inform each and every customer when an order is paid for but not mailed.. This information should be accessible in the customer's account online. And the information there should be accurate and honest. If an item that was ordered is currently out of stock, awaiting fulfillment, that should be indicated in the online account info.
I can testify that is NOT the case with my PTI order. My online account shows items ordered and it says COMPLETED. Completed means it is finished, done, over!!! What am I missing here? If it indeed is "completed", get it in the mail!!!! :confused:

End of rant. From now on it's my own fault if this happens again with PTI - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Most of my dealings with PTI have been fine, no problem. There was one time where I made my order, then a couple days after I ordered I received an email telling me one of my items was out of stock (but that had not shown up on their website when I ordered) They stated in the email they would ship it to me once they got it back in stock. When I got my order they had included a letter in my shipment apologizing again for the missing item and assured me they would send it later. Good for their word, I received the missing item a couple of weeks later.I'm surprised they would hold your order for so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #9  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I think part of PTI's problem is their shipping process. From what I have had read/gleaned from posts and their forum through the years, they "print" the shipping label far too soon (and apparently print them in large batches). As soon as they print the label, you get an email from USPS or UPS which makes it appear that the order has been shipped, but it appears (and I admit I could be wrong, just going on what I have read in the past) all that means is that your label is sitting in a pile of printed labels in PTI's warehouse waiting for someone to pull the items off the shelf. They may not be waiting for out of stock items at all. The employees who pick/pack the orders may not have gotten to your order yet.

I'm sure it would require some effort and cost on their part to change their process but generally anything a company can do to improve customer service would be worth it (especially in their case).

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
In defense of my rant, all companies that I have dealt with will send the order on its way promptly, making note in the packing slip if an item is out of stock and not in shipment. They will then mail the item when it is available, at their cost for shipping. (This is policy at Gina Marie Designs, ScrapbookPal, 123 Stitch, Creative Play Stamps, Taylored Expressions, Stamp & Storage, and a few others that I am forgetting.)

And for clarification, my order was entered on March 16 and money taken out of PayPal acct that same day. The SHIPPING label was printed on March 27, with no sign at UPS that it has been delivered to them yet. So they have had my money for a good long time without any indications of when they might actually ship the order.

My main point of the rant is that it is the responsibility of the vendor to inform each and every customer when an order is paid for but not mailed.. This information should be accessible in the customer's account online. And the information there should be accurate and honest. If an item that was ordered is currently out of stock, awaiting fulfillment, that should be indicated in the online account info.
I can testify that is NOT the case with my PTI order. My online account shows items ordered and it says COMPLETED. Completed means it is finished, done, over!!! What am I missing here? If it indeed is "completed", get it in the mail!!!! :confused:

End of rant. From now on it's my own fault if this happens again with PTI - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
I think part of PTI's problem is their shipping process. From what I have had read/gleaned from posts and their forum through the years, they "print" the shipping label far too soon (and apparently print them in large batches). As soon as they print the label, you get an email from USPS or UPS which makes it appear that the order has been shipped, but it appears (and I admit I could be wrong, just going on what I have read in the past) all that means is that your label is sitting in a pile of printed labels in PTI's warehouse waiting for someone to pull the items off the shelf. They may not be waiting for out of stock items at all. The employees who pick/pack the orders may not have gotten to your order yet.

I'm sure it would require some effort and cost on their part to change their process but generally anything a company can do to improve customer service would be worth it (especially in their case).
All good points and ones that I understand. However, the finer point I am making is one about order information available on a customer's account. This is a clerical item and one that is of vital importance to a customer (and sure should be to the vendor). There should be no additional costs incurred to maintain a minimum standard of good booking practices. All I'm wanting is honest and timely info posted on my order form at the company. This standard should be one that is honored by any reputable business. I'm just sayin'....:?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Hang in there. I ordered from PTI during the sale. My order was in within 10 minutes of the sale starting on the 15th. My shipping label was printed on the 17th and just sat there like your. I emailed PTI on the 27th to get a status update and that's when they told me that some of the items weren't in stock and they were waiting for a shipment to arrive. I finally received my order 4/3.

I do agree with you that their process is terrible. Their system does not reflect an accurate state of an order. I would have been more patient with them if I hadn't received a shipping notice that never got updated and an order status that said complete. If it hasn't even been packed yet it's not complete.

I also wish they had been upfront about items not being in stock during the sale. I appreciate that they made items available during the sale that were in shipment to them, but I should have had the choice whether I wanted to hold my entire order for that particular item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Wouldn't you know it! At 8:05 pm I got a notice from UPS that there was a change in status on my PTI order. It is FINALLY, officially being shipped!!! :shock:Should be here by April 12th, when I won't be here to see it arrive. :rolleyes:

So I went on a rant and now I need to take a deep breath and come down off my high horse. I am relieved the order is finally on its way, though I won't believe it until I see it, open it and check the contents. I still hold by all that I stated in my rant. It happened as I stated and their online accounting system for orders for customers still is sorely lacking.

Thanks to all who responded in an effort to talk me off the cliff. Thanks for listening and encouraging me to have patience. You were right and I was obviously wrong being over optimistic in a having the PTI order in under a month. :-(. I guess I've been spoiled by superior customer service with other stamp companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2017, 05:25 AM   #13  

I'm glad you got your order straightened out. And I hope you didn't think my comment was meant to be snarky at all, I made the mistake at Simon Says Stamp before and ordered an item that was on Reserve....and had to wait till that order came in to get all my other goodies. It was my fault and I didn't read the fine print and the warning but it was frustrating. But I was happy as a clam when I got my items!!!! So happy crafting when they finally do arrive!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2017, 06:48 AM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkiemonstermomView Post
I'm glad you got your order straightened out. And I hope you didn't think my comment was meant to be snarky at all, I made the mistake at Simon Says Stamp before and ordered an item that was on Reserve....and had to wait till that order came in to get all my other goodies. It was my fault and I didn't read the fine print and the warning but it was frustrating. But I was happy as a clam when I got my items!!!! So happy crafting when they finally do arrive!!!!
It never even occurred to me to take your comment about SSS as being snarky! I took it as another lament about misunderstood expectations from a company you did business with.
As an aside to that, regarding "reserve" items on SSS, the reason I won't order products on reserve there is because I have heard stories like yours and took them as fair warning! Your comment may serve as valuable info to someone who reads this thread at a later date. 8-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So glad you've finally got some movement, Susy! I, too, had to wait a long time for my order (which just arrived this week). Thankfully, I had not ordered anything that I'd needed urgently. I learned an important lesson last fall when I paid for Priority shipping, but it didn't make those items move one minute faster. Never doing that again! I typically order from PTI two or three times a year, and only when I have enough to get free shipping. Hope you get your goodies soon, and no need to apologize for letting off steam here on the forum. We all understand! When I place an order, it's because I want my stuff now! I need to work on the patience department. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Wouldn't you know it! At 8:05 pm I got a notice from UPS that there was a change in status on my PTI order. It is FINALLY, officially being shipped!!! :shock:Should be here by April 12th, when I won't be here to see it arrive. :rolleyes:

So I went on a rant and now I need to take a deep breath and come down off my high horse. I am relieved the order is finally on its way, though I won't believe it until I see it, open it and check the contents. I still hold by all that I stated in my rant. It happened as I stated and their online accounting system for orders for customers still is sorely lacking.

Thanks to all who responded in an effort to talk me off the cliff. Thanks for listening and encouraging me to have patience. You were right and I was obviously wrong being over optimistic in a having the PTI order in under a month. :-(. I guess I've been spoiled by superior customer service with other stamp companies.

Yes, be sure to check, carefully; don't just count the items. I got my order last Saturday and one of the stamp sets was wrong. I ordered a mini set to go with the other items in the order and received a mini set for a completely different set (same value: $4.50). I immediately reached out to them; they are sending me the correct set with an envelope to return the wrong set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
Yes, be sure to check, carefully; don't just count the items. I got my order last Saturday and one of the stamp sets was wrong. I ordered a mini set to go with the other items in the order and received a mini set for a completely different set (same value: $4.50). I immediately reached out to them; they are sending me the correct set with an envelope to return the wrong set.
Thanks for the reminder to cross check the original order! I will be sure and do so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2017, 06:27 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks for the reminder to cross check the original order! I will be sure and do so.
Suzy, I hope you received your shipment by now and all is well.

Update on my wrong item shipped issue: Its been 2 weeks since PTI told me they would send the correct stamp and a return envelope to send back the wrong stamp 'as soon as possible' and they marked my matter as closed. Nothing received as of yet. Today is their release day where they warn customers that shipments will be delayed. I sent them a message this morning letting them know I haven't yet received anything and that I'd hate to get caught up in their release day problems. Its not like it was my fault I got the wrong item. Sheesh. The missing stamp compliments the other sets that were in my original order so its like a part is missing.

I had ordered from them without problem before I had read about the quality of their customer service on a variety of sites. I've ordered them a few times after. This is the first time I've had an issue. I guess its the law of averages doing its dirty work.

If it had been my company, I would've been mortified and immediately sent the stamp 2-day priority mail. Since it was only $4.50, I would've told the customer to just keep the wrong stamp. The amount of money it will cost them to replace and get back the wrong stamp must be more than that; with the willingness to make my mistake right along with the good will of keeping the wrong stamp giving bonus points with the customer. But I don't own my own company so I can only speculate on what I would do. (Please don't think I'm trying to get a free stamp, I'm not - I probably could've told them the stamp was just missing; at this point I kinda wish I had!)

Unfortunately, it only takes once to counteract a whole bunch of good. :(

And yes, I know they forgot about me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Suzy, I hope you received your shipment by now and all is well.

Update on my wrong item shipped issue: Its been 2 weeks since PTI told me they would send the correct stamp and a return envelope to send back the wrong stamp 'as soon as possible' and they marked my matter as closed. Nothing received as of yet. Today is their release day where they warn customers that shipments will be delayed. I sent them a message this morning letting them know I haven't yet received anything and that I'd hate to get caught up in their release day problems. Its not like it was my fault I got the wrong item. Sheesh. The missing stamp compliments the other sets that were in my original order so its like a part is missing.

I had ordered from them without problem before I had read about the quality of their customer service on a variety of sites. I've ordered them a few times after. This is the first time I've had an issue. I guess its the law of averages doing its dirty work.

If it had been my company, I would've been mortified and immediately sent the stamp 2-day priority mail. Since it was only $4.50, I would've told the customer to just keep the wrong stamp. The amount of money it will cost them to replace and get back the wrong stamp must be more than that; with the willingness to make my mistake right along with the good will of keeping the wrong stamp giving bonus points with the customer. But I don't own my own company so I can only speculate on what I would do. (Please don't think I'm trying to get a free stamp, I'm not - I probably could've told them the stamp was just missing; at this point I kinda wish I had!)

Unfortunately, it only takes once to counteract a whole bunch of good. :(

And yes, I know they forgot about me.
To quote Susy, "Wouldn't you know it!". The correct stamp was delivered in today's mail - to my neighbor's house! Serious comedy of errors going on here.

PTI DIDN'T forget about me! And, the delivery didn't include a return envelope for the incorrect stamp set! I let them know it was delivered and and thanked them for letting me keep the incorrect stamp.

I'm glad to see how their customer service ultimately handled this and came through (especially because I love their products and didn't want this shadow hanging over my decision on future purchases).

It seems, overall, their main issue is shipment delays. Perhaps they're in a zone in their business growth where they're big enough for a lot of business but just can't yet afford to hire the additional workers?

Whatever it is, I wanted make sure you guys knew what was going on with my particular issue since I made you all aware of it and how it PTI resolved it; I will purchase from them again. Maybe tonight when their new releases go live, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #20  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

To quote Susy, "Wouldn't you know it!". The correct stamp was delivered in today's mail - to my neighbor's house! Serious comedy of errors going on here.

PTI DIDN'T forget about me! And, the delivery didn't include a return envelope for the incorrect stamp set! I let them know it was delivered and and thanked them for letting me keep the incorrect stamp.

I'm glad to see how their customer service ultimately handled this and came through (especially because I love their products and didn't want this shadow hanging over my decision on future purchases).

It seems, overall, their main issue is shipment delays. Perhaps they're in a zone in their business growth where they're big enough for a lot of business but just can't yet afford to hire the additional workers?

Whatever it is, I wanted make sure you guys knew what was going on with my particular issue since I made you all aware of it and how it PTI resolved it; I will purchase from them again. Maybe tonight when their new releases go live, lol.
Tee, hee! Glad I'm not the only one who had to come back and do an update. And to be quoted! I feel honored. �� What are the chances that an order that you have been watching for was delivered to the wrong house? Oy! Thank goodness your neighbor brought it to you.

So glad to hear that you got the set you needed to be able to use it. And what a relief that you don't have to mess around with a return. Enjoy your new stamps and try to put the stress of the transaction out of your mind. ��
Reply With Quote Likes