Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-26-2016, 04:49 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Unmounted stamps- yet another system!

Okay ladies, I started a new thread, as I didn't want to hijack the 'Update on the Tack'n'Peel project', where I first mentioned this.
Gregzgurl had mentioned a product called Crafters Tape, which she was using to hold her stamps to laminated sheets. As I'd been having all sorts of issues using TIOO, then Tombow Mono Multi, I ordered some of this to give it a go.
While I was waiting for it to arrive, I was watching a crafting video- one of Kevin Nakagawas Stampscaping 101 vids, and saw him using those sheets for storing coins & banknotes in for his unmounted stamps.
Seemed absolutely brilliant to me, so I ordered some. They come in an array of options, and I ordered a selection, to cope with various sizes of stamps.

I Laid them out on the floor so you can see what I mean.
So, I've just finished transferring my Stampscapes stamps into them. There are a lot of small filler stamps in this line, and they are often ones that drop off the sheets.

I made up some index pages in PS, which go in pocket protectors opposite the stamps. I am in love with this system- it's definitely become my favourite of all the methods I've tried so far. And there have been a few.
No need to add any sticky to the stamps anymore, just Tack'N'Peel on a selection of blocks, ( which I already have),and I'm good to go.
I'm going out on a limb here, and saying this is most definitely It. The final storage solution that I am totally happy with.
All my clear mounts, which are on laminated sheets, will stay as they are, as they have no problem staying on the carrier sheets. It was just rubber I had trouble with.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Hooray if this works for you over the long haul! I'll be watching for your feedback farther down the road - like a month or two from now - to see if you still love it. I had some coin and trading card pages and stuck a few stamps in there to see if I'd love it, but it seemed like it would be too easy for them to fall out, so I left them in the system I already have going. Let us know how it works out, okay, please and thank you?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That's what I've been doing. May not be the same type of sheets you ordered but I got some sports card pages from my son and it seems to work for me.

If there are small stamps that tend to fall out of the pockets I put a glue dot on the top of the pocket to hold it closed.

Yes, I do have to reach into the pocket and pull out the stamp but that's okay. I like paging through the binder and seeing what's in there and it certainly takes less room than storing the wood based stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Hooray if this works for you over the long haul! I'll be watching for your feedback farther down the road - like a month or two from now - to see if you still love it. I had some coin and trading card pages and stuck a few stamps in there to see if I'd love it, but it seemed like it would be too easy for them to fall out, so I left them in the system I already have going. Let us know how it works out, okay, please and thank you?
I bought clear storage pages (8.5" x 11") that have 2 pockets on each page and fit in a 3 ring binder. I found Velcro DOTS that have adhesive on either piece. They are lightweight style and that's how I keep the pockets closed so the stamps don't fall out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion, but Velcro on every pocket will make me cranky... (I'm a very impatient stamper)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

silverwolf, I am considering this method of storing my unmounted red rubber and wondering if you had an update. Do you still love this stamp organization? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

mrsclark2001, yes I am loving it. Still. All my u/m in are A4 ring binders, and the storage pockets have really made a difference to me. No more stamps dropping off- especially small ones!
Just clicked on your tag line, that is a wonderful thing you are doing. Been on chemo myself-bowel cancer- and am fortunate to have a wonderful Hubby who was with me every step, and would move mountains for me, but I know not everyone is that lucky, so what you are doing for those facing the battle is an incredible thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
mrsclark2001, yes I am loving it. Still. All my u/m in are A4 ring binders, and the storage pockets have really made a difference to me. No more stamps dropping off- especially small ones!
Just clicked on your tag line, that is a wonderful thing you are doing. Been on chemo myself-bowel cancer- and am fortunate to have a wonderful Hubby who was with me every step, and would move mountains for me, but I know not everyone is that lucky, so what you are doing for those facing the battle is an incredible thing.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to move forward with my stamp organization like yours as I found some brand new binders at a garage sale for $0.25 each!

I'm glad you got through the chemo with your hubbys support. The Chemo Angels program gives you three options - regular chemo angel where you send your assigned patient a weekly hand writtten note or card and a small mailable gift. For a card angel assignment you send a weekly note/card to brighten your patients day. A senior angel gets you assigned to a lonely senior who you send a weekly note and occasional small mailable gift. I feel good about being a part of the program, plus I get to actually use up the cards that I make.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2017, 03:35 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Awesome. That is indeed an amazing thing to be doing. My chemo was only over 4 months, once every three weeks, and pills the remaining time, but many people have to face a more gruelling regime. And it absolutely kills your veins. I used to be a blood donor, and getting blood was never a problem. Now? Last week I had to go for a blood test- I came out of my last lung surgery with Type 2 Diabetes, go figure- and it took the nurse 5 attempts to find a vein she could get blood out of!
But, back to the storage system. I bought my storage pockets from Amazon.co.uk, so I'm pretty sure you will find them on .com. Just look carefully at the options- some offer the same layout either top opening or side opening, and you will want the top opening ones. Nearly messed up the first time I ordered some.
Reply With Quote Likes