View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
Catherine773
Polyshrink Goddess

I always adhere a piece of card-stock on the inside and leave a 1/4" border of the base card visible. Typically I use heavyweight white card-stock. It gives a nice sturdy weight to the over-all card. If I'm sending it to someone special (aka - who will appreciate it more than some others, lol) instead of using white, I will use one of the accent colors from the front of the card for the inside panel of the card. If the card has a specific occasion on it - like if it's clearly a birthday card, or a sympathy card... then I'll stamp a nice saying inside or a simple sentiment. If it's more of a card that can be used for a variety of reasons - which is what I tend to make - I leave it blank. I make multiples of all my cards and keep plenty on hand, so whenever I need a card to give, I just add whatever sentiment I want or need it to say at that moment. I like to use colored ink for the sentiments inside and I usually use the color of the base of the card. I always stamp an an image on the inside too - in the lower right corner - that coordinates with the stamp set I used on the front of the card. I use that same image on the front of the envelope too. It's a little preview of what is to come when they get it in the mail. The whole card w/ the envelope has a cohesive feel to it.

When I used to sell cards and they were blank on the inside, I would always bring a stamp set with a variety of sentiments with me - which allowed me to quickly add a specific sentiment on the inside if a customer knew what they wanted to use it for.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!