Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Supplies in Storage =(

Hi I will have to put my stamping supplies in storage for up to a year. (Yes, I am crying in the corner). If you could keep one box of supplies, what would you keep? Big shot and distress inks are already on my list. What else, besides the basic supplies - blocks, scissors, bone folder, etc) are must haves for the next year?

On the plus side, when I unpack everything next year, it will be like Chrismtmas. Haha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #2  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think I would approach it by listing ALL the cards I would like (hope) to make during that year ... and a bit beyond and decide on images, inks and embellishments for them. Be sure to consider cardstock too, if colored CS and patterned paper are not in your basic supplies. Remember envelopes!

Then, add for occasions that might happen (new baby, graduation, sympathy etc.) and select images etc to make those cards.

If you anticipate being able to buy supplies, you might consider a minimum amount of neutral CS and adhesives (and other consumables like cutting plates) since they are usually easy to get. This frees up space for more images (unless your storage is limited because you will still need the neutral CS and adhesives).

When storing your supplies, consider how changes in climate (temperature, humidity) might affect them and try to minimize those effects (not always possible.

Another thought ... I would do my best to bring my most-loved images ... especially if they are retired ... with me. They will inspire you and you won't worry about long-term storage.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 161 Likes on 77 Posts

MISTI and ATG gun for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2017, 05:17 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Misti, cutter, Stamp kit, 10 favorite stamp sets (cover the holidays you send cards for plus a couple of most loved and versatile), black ink, white paper, ivory paper , water color pencils and a pack of markers in basic colors plus neutrals, and dies to go with the stamp sets. Maybe a couple of colored ink pads to use with water color pen....or reinkers as they are smaller. That would pretty much fill up my box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd keep the most versatile stamp sets I own. A set with lots of small greetings (I love mega mixed messages by PTI), a couple floral sets, one masculine set (lighthouse or trees work for almost anyone), a balloon set with celebrate sentiments works for a lot, something elegant for anniversaries and weddings and I'd be sure to have thinking of you or praying for you for sympathy or other times when support is needed. I don't know about holidays because I don't celebrate them but you know what you'll need. If you are only taking Distress inks I'd keep versamark handy so you can get better impressions with them. Or emboss them (I know they stay wet longer than most dye inks but I prefer to overstamp with Versamark anyway. Of course you need a heat tool and a couple EPs. You need coloured Cardstock and a paper trimmer. I'd use plain, cheap white Cardstock for card bases so you save your limited supply of colours. You can buy more at any office supply store whenever you need it.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2017, 04:04 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

What would upset you the most if it got damaged from storage? Sounds terrible, I know... but when we had to evacuate for Hurricane Matthew, I had to decide in a hurry what I was going to take. This made me realize - quickly - what was important and what wasn't.

If I look at my craft room this way, I know I would pack my copic markers first

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I would stamp a whole bunch of images with my favorite stamps. Then pack some markers, copics, colored pencils, too. That way you can color the images and maybe won't need that many stamps.

I'd want lots of paper to work with but you could also cut your paper into different sizes to mix and match layers.

Adhesive for sure, Stazon or Memento Black, and some favorite colored ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel for you. So I would pack a bottle of favorite wine to go with all of the above suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Card Kits?

Do you have time to make card kits.
I'm a snowbird and making up card kits ( like my SU Demo makes for classes and parties) are my plan for next year.
I will make a card and cut cardstock mats and stamp the images for at least 3 more cards) Then when I get to Florida all I will need to do is color and assemble the cards. Less mess!! I will bring some stamps and inks and CS and my dies. I leave my Cuttlebug and a few basics in FL.
But I think the kits will give me some variety with out having to bring all the supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Sandyk175, I'm packing up my craftroom, just not for a year. We are remodeling the house. It took over a week to sort, purge and pack 20 boxes! I went minimalist, no inks or stamps or my Big Shot. I kept out papers with matching embellishments (I'm usually not matchy, matchy, but I have them), some sticker sentiments, specialty papers, 2 coloring books, markers and normal supplies. My plans are to go back to real basic, basics! I'll make cards with what I have and add sentiments when I unpack everything again, hopefully in September. I also may decide to do nothing but color, it will be interesting. In the end, I will have a new work space and that's worth waiting for.
Reply With Quote Likes