Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Precision plate on sale

WRMK stamping tool is on sale at scrapbook.com for $14.99. That's a good deal IMO

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I just received the same sale notice. Tempting, for sure!

It IS a good deal, but only if you use clear stamps exclusively. I watched the short video and it seems there is no removeable mat that allows for the use of rubber cling mount stamps. I only mention it to bring this limitation to the attention of anyone considering buying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the original Misti, but I ordered the WR Precision Press recently on HSN for $19.99.

I like the Misti, but because of its "box" design, I have to cut my paper to fit into it before I use it to stamp. Many times I like to use a full sheet of cardstock and stamp multiple images to color, and I didn't like having to cut my paper first.

So because the Precision Press has an open side, which would fit a whole sheet of paper, I thought it might be a good thing for only $19.99.

It arrived, and I was disappointed in several things. It didn't stamp too well with some of my clear stamps. They didn't make contact because the distance between the top and bottom seemed to be too deep. I didn't want to fool around with shims, etc.

Next, I use Washi tape with my Misti to secure my paper, not magnets. The tape did not stick well to the base of the Precision Press, and the paper shifted.

So....back it goes. It was an impulsive purchase, which happens often when I watch those bewitching craft shows.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
I just received the same sale notice. Tempting, for sure!

It IS a good deal, but only if you use clear stamps exclusively. I watched the short video and it seems there is no removeable mat that allows for the use of rubber cling mount stamps. I only mention it to bring this limitation to the attention of anyone considering buying it.
Susy, the Precision Press does have the up and down moveable hinges kind of like the Tim Holtz tool, so it does allow for thicker stamps. My problem was the opposite, the original setting did not go down far enough to make good contact with my clear stamps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Susy, the Precision Press does have the up and down moveable hinges kind of like the Tim Holtz tool, so it does allow for thicker stamps. My problem was the opposite, the original setting did not go down far enough to make good contact with my clear stamps.
Good info - you are much more informative than the video! Thanks for sharing your experience with it. Sorry it didn't work the way you were hoping it would.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

I was able to get the Precision Plate yesterday at Craft Warehouse ( PNW chain) for $9.87. WRMK limited how many each store would get and I was lucky enough to get the last one.

I used an SU clear stamp and was able to get good contact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #7  
cms
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hallmark Scrapbook & Crafts sent me an email showing both the WRMK precision press and the Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect on sale for $15.99. The email stated "This version of these items will not be sold in the U.S any longer." I hadn't seen this anywhere else (and Google was no help!), so I wonder why they're discontinued since they've been on the market such a short time? Possibly due to patent issues with the Misti? It makes me curious!
Jimmie Johnson #48 fan! KS Jayhawk alumni!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it and sent it back due to the inability to anchor the paper down. I want to re-stamp images and it's not magnetic, you can't tape paper to its surface and the paper will move slightly when you pick up to re-ink. I really wanted to like this tool but after experimenting multiple times with different types of stamps, I was not happy with it. I loved the way you could use larger sheets of paper in it.I hope the new tonic one comes out soon. Love my regular size Misti but would prefer to buy a smaller version with open sides rather than the large Misti. Maybe Iliana will make one like this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I have the original Misti, but I ordered the WR Precision Press recently on HSN for $19.99.

I like the Misti, but because of its "box" design, I have to cut my paper to fit into it before I use it to stamp. Many times I like to use a full sheet of cardstock and stamp multiple images to color, and I didn't like having to cut my paper first.

So because the Precision Press has an open side, which would fit a whole sheet of paper, I thought it might be a good thing for only $19.99.

It arrived, and I was disappointed in several things. It didn't stamp too well with some of my clear stamps. They didn't make contact because the distance between the top and bottom seemed to be too deep. I didn't want to fool around with shims, etc.

Next, I use Washi tape with my Misti to secure my paper, not magnets. The tape did not stick well to the base of the Precision Press, and the paper shifted.

So....back it goes. It was an impulsive purchase, which happens often when I watch those bewitching craft shows.

I had the same problem, it didn't make good contact with all of my clear stamps. I decided it was too much hassle to return it. So- I used a glue runner to adhere a thin piece of craft foam to the base. Problem solved. The craft foam makes a nice smooth surface to stamp on, it provides that little bit of squish for a stamp and it is easily removable if I am using a chunky stamp.
I honestly think wrmk should have originally included a piece of foam.
But I love it now. The open edge does open up more possibilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
I had the same problem, it didn't make good contact with all of my clear stamps. I decided it was too much hassle to return it. So- I used a glue runner to adhere a thin piece of craft foam to the base. Problem solved. The craft foam makes a nice smooth surface to stamp on, it provides that little bit of squish for a stamp and it is easily removable if I am using a chunky stamp.
I honestly think wrmk should have originally included a piece of foam.
But I love it now. The open edge does open up more possibilities.

That sounds like an easy fix. Glad you got it to work for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsView Post
Hallmark Scrapbook & Crafts sent me an email showing both the WRMK precision press and the Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect on sale for $15.99. The email stated "This version of these items will not be sold in the U.S any longer." I hadn't seen this anywhere else (and Google was no help!), so I wonder why they're discontinued since they've been on the market such a short time? Possibly due to patent issues with the Misti? It makes me curious!
Misti was just granted an infringement so they cant sell their knock offs.
I found the WRMK precision plate for $3.99 on Amazon just on sunday. they sold out in a huge hurry.................
Reply With Quote Likes