Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Word and Phrase Stickers, Rub-ons, Chipboard

I have an overflowing drawer stuffed with these - and I rarely venture into it because of the volume and mess to sort through. Any and all theme ones are already pulled and organized separately in folders by theme, but all this eclectic mess is what's left. Some are single pieces, but most are on sheets. Do you have a storage suggestion? I'm considering using clear sheet protectors in a notebook for the ones on sheets (with a white sheet of paper between the front and back). Anybody doing that? Got a better idea?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2017, 06:21 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Any chance you'd want to edit them down to what you really love or might love? I got rid of a lot because even though cute, I had to face I wasn't much of a sticker/phrase crafter. How I organized the ones remaining happens to fit my current storage units.

1 - Sheets of alphas and phrases are in two drawers in a 3-drawer Ikea unit that fits into an Expedit/Kallax cube but also could sit on a shelf/table. (Enamel dot sheets are there too.) The unit is cardboard but sturdy. Bump-ones or feet that come with it need to be put on the bottom so it won't slide when you pull out a drawer. They may be discontinuing them and solely on line: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50272480/

These sheets used to be in pockets, standing vertically but I got rid of enough that I thought I'd try them in the drawers which can be pulled out.

2 - Chipboard shapes are mainly with other embellishments - in SSS 5" pockets standing up in medium Container Store Pure Box. The pockets are the ones Jennifer McGuire recommends for dies. Pure Boxes are inexpensive, light weight and stackable: https://www.containerstore.com/s/col...uctId=10035361

3 - The tiniest shapes - many stars! - are in a CraftMate organizer; each compartment opens separately: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I assumed I was an album person, but found it was easier/faster to have a box with vertical pockets to quickly leaf through instead of turning pages. YMMV.

Last edited by bjeans; 03-10-2017 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I keep my stickers and graphics in accordion file folders. Easy to store, make a label so you can find what you need. If you have a Goodwill or thrift store there are always these types of things for a very low price.

It works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

I did a major purge of stickers but I still like peel-off stickers. I store them in a small Accordion file by category. I also store letter stickers like Thickers in the same file along with other found items like old stamps, post cards, etc.

I used chipboard in mixed media projects and I store the small pieces in a photo storage case by category. Large chip board pieces are stored in a 12x12 iris box.

I was going to toss out my rub-ons because they were loosing their stick but then I learned that I could use them in mixed media and it didn't matter if it was perfect. I now store them with my found items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, I took the easy way out: weeded a few, pulled a few for subject folders, and organized some loose ones on to old photo "adhesive" pages. It was enough to get the drawer easy to open and close. I decided not to put more time into it unless I see myself using them more. They are really nice (mostly garage sales), but stickers aren't something I reach for much in making cards.
Reply With Quote Likes