View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
Covington Crafter
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default WT626 ~ The Eyes Have It! 3/9/17

It's Thursday, welcome to another Ways to Use It Challenge. Carla here as your hostess. This week, I'm looking for eyes and/or eyeglasses on your cards to commemorate Save Your Vision Week.

I have a good time finding obscure holidays as challenge inspirations. However, this one has a serious side and strikes close to home. My grandma lost her sight to glaucoma when she was in her early 70s. She couldn't read anymore, see a sunrise and hardest for her, see her family. The only way she saw most of her grandchildren was by running her hands over our faces. It's hard for me to imagine her loss.

We take our vision for granted, yet it brings so much pleasure while we're crafting and viewing each others' creations. So, please take these preventive measures to help preserve the precious gift of sight!

Wear your sunglasses and safety glasses.

Eat a healthy diet. These five foods are linked to vision health; carrots, leafy greens, eggs, citrus fruits, berries, almonds and fatty fish.

And if you haven't recently, make an appointment with your optometrist or ophthalmologist!

Protect those Baby Blues, Beautiful Brown, Gorgeous Green, Heavenly Hazel and Glorious Grey eyes!!!

Now, go have some fun making cards with eyes and glasses, we sure did! I'm looking forward to your creations. When you upload your card to the gallery be sure to use WT626 as the keyword. Then come back to this thread and share a link to your card. It makes it easy for people to find you.

Here's a link to my sample Ahhhgggg, I missed another birthday!

If you're not sure how to add a link, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one for your card in the gallery, and one for this thread
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY.
5. Come back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Here's a link to the WT626 The Eyes Have It! gallery. Take a look and leave some love!

And thank you to Lisa and Sabrina for their marvelous sampes, great minds definitely think alike!
Attached Thumbnails
3-9-17-birthday-glasses.jpg   wt626c22.jpg  

Join me in some challenges! Click the below links for details.
May 2019 Fan Club Theme Memories and Milestones
Dirty Dozen Christmas Challenge
Ways to Use It Challenge

And be sure to share some love by posting your Favorites!
Favorites Best of 2018 Pinterest Board

Last edited by Covington Crafter; 03-08-2017 at 08:46 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!