Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Another AMAZON SHIPPING rant!

I ordered a 6x6 gelli plate from one of their vendors on 2/22.According to USPS tracking delivery confirmation, it was delivered Monday, 2/27 some where in Cedar, IL... I LIVE IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA! :mad:

I contacted AMAZON's help and the vendor about the issue. Hopefully they'll make it right...

I'm so glad I ran out that same week and picked up the 8x10 plate at Blick...
Maybe I should get the 5x7... I don't know...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sorry that happened to you. I must be living a charmed life (and I will probably jinx it by posting this.) I order from Amazon a whole, whole bunch. Not just craft stuff, but clothes, shoes, books, appliances, etc. I have had nothing but great experiences and good shipping.

I recently ordered a bed rail for support getting in and out of bed for my hubby who has arthritis in his knees. The rail didn't fit our bed, so I requested a form to return it. The company sent me a lovely email that they were sorry it didn't work out and they would refund my charge card. They also said I did not need to return the rail, but could keep it or donate it!

It may be that they cannot take returns on any kind of "medical" equipment, but anyway I was very surprised to get the refund with no return of the product.

I'm sure Amazon will make it right for you.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I have ordered from them for years and never had shipping problems. But lately I've been having issues with them. Anyhow, I made my complaint and now I'll patiently wait, it will be sorted out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 04:03 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I'm sorry that happened to you. I must be living a charmed life (and I will probably jinx it by posting this.) I order from Amazon a whole, whole bunch. Not just craft stuff, but clothes, shoes, books, appliances, etc. I have had nothing but great experiences and good shipping.

I recently ordered a bed rail for support getting in and out of bed for my hubby who has arthritis in his knees. The rail didn't fit our bed, so I requested a form to return it. The company sent me a lovely email that they were sorry it didn't work out and they would refund my charge card. They also said I did not need to return the rail, but could keep it or donate it!

It may be that they cannot take returns on any kind of "medical" equipment, but anyway I was very surprised to get the refund with no return of the product.

I'm sure Amazon will make it right for you.
Same here - haven't ever had a mis-shipped item (knock on wood!). And Amazon has done the same for us on non-medical items - tells us to donate/trash/keep.

Since they use lots of carriers now - UPS/USPS/private companies - that deliver more than a billion packages a year, some are bound to go astray. I got curious so was googling: just on Cyber Monday in 2015 they delivered 23 million packages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 06:23 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I have always, always, always had my Amazon stuff show up either on time or early and even had the USPS My Choice (B.S., in my opinion) stuff get here just fine. Sorry your experience has been otherwise...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 06:51 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I believe the problem is with the vendor more so than AMAZON.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 07:07 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
I believe the problem is with the vendor more so than AMAZON.
Or the carrier, since Amazon is the fulfillment center for tons of vendors - though not always, as may be in your case. But you know that.

(For those newer to Amazon, you can tell on the product page just below the name of the item. Sometimes Amazon is the seller and shipper, sometimes they're the shipper doing fulfillment for the seller, sometimes not either one.)

OT Don't get me started on add-on items. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

Ordered for first time with Prime...2 day delivery...after 5 days following tracking it stopped . Amazon said it was lost during shipping.maybe they are starting to have trouble handling all the extra orders as more people are ordering on line all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
Ordered for first time with Prime...2 day delivery...after 5 days following tracking it stopped . Amazon said it was lost during shipping.maybe they are starting to have trouble handling all the extra orders as more people are ordering on line all the time.
I agree...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I don't think service or delivery has gotten worse; they ship literally millions of packages per day.

It's just that for every X number of packages, whether UPS, the Post Office, FedEx, or Amazon partnering with one of those carriers (or with a private local carrier), a certain small percentage will be delayed or lost. Guaranteed.

Ee've never had a problem with delivery. Sometimes packaging has been poor, but that's another story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

I ordered a 6x6 gelli plate from one of their vendors on 2/22.According to USPS tracking delivery confirmation, it was delivered Monday, 2/27 some where in Cedar, IL... I LIVE IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA! :mad:

I contacted AMAZON's help and the vendor about the issue. Hopefully they'll make it right...

I'm so glad I ran out that same week and picked up the 8x10 plate at Blick...
Maybe I should get the 5x7... I don't know...
We gave up on Amazon Prime more than two years ago.
We had the same thing happen with a package "delivered" to Nashville, TN, and we live in Hawaii!! That was the last straw in a long history of package delays and strange delivery processes. We cancelled our Prime membership because we refuse to pay $99 for someone to aggravate us.
I know a lot of people love Prime. It just didn't work for us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Wow, does Prime dislike Hawaii or something? Really too bad, and if they can't guarantee the same good service they can on the mainland, it shouldn't be offered. Then again, you get to live in Hawaii. : )

We've had Prime since it began in 2005* and have ordered hundreds of items - too embarrassing to count, really. We've never missed a package, though as mentioned, some shipping protection of items hasn't been great. Though when that happens, Amazon has sent us a new one at no additional cost or refunds our $$ or does something to make up for it, including giving us an extra month of Prime now and then.

* originally types 2011 but that was when Prime Video began.
My empty head syndrome, sorry.

Last edited by bjeans; 03-02-2017 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: date error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Well I will testify that Fed Ex is just awful these days which is a shame because once they were the top one with UPS and DHL duking it out for second. Now they just dump stuff here like a hit and run, with NO attempt to contact the person. They have left packages for other buildings too often which makes me think our packages may be getting left who knows where.

TG for tracking that anyone can see the mistake. When you have to tell them a package that shows delivered to your building isnt actually here...ugh.

I cant see them not making this right for you.

I really do not understand how a package can be delivered to a completely different state! That is just ridiculous. The house down the street from you I can see. But thousands of miles difference? Come on.
Both of the neenah reams I ordered came in with wrap broken open and paper sliding around. I have told them that in follow up happy quiz. I have heard nothing. Now I start taking pictures. I mean I have no idea if all the paper is there. I am not very thrilled with the idea of having to count.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #14  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 846 Likes on 279 Posts

Quote:

I have ordered from them for years and never had shipping problems. But lately I've been having issues with them. Anyhow, I made my complaint and now I'll patiently wait, it will be sorted out.

look to see if it was delivered by Ontrac. In our area Ontrac makes so many mistakes we have all written or called Amazon and said to please stop using Ontrac here. For a long time they didn't send anything to me via Ontrac but today I got a delivery from them and they sent it Ontrac and it actually made it to my house this time. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the local Ontrac hub management finally got it together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I know sometimes 'prime' items -- especially the same day delivery, which has started in our area -- are delivered by 'non-standard' carriers lol. UPS and USPS are still pretty good about ringing the doorbell or at least throwing a knock on our door when they leave stuff, but the packages that come in a plain van or regular car and later at night, well we have to look out for those, the driver just throws them on the porch and doesn't even make any attempt to knock or ring.

Funny though, since just yesterday I got a UPS email 'your package was delivered' and two of us had been home ALL DAY and there was no knock at the door. No package either. Fortunately it was the middle of the day and I called, they contacted the driver and he came back to figure out that he had delivered it three doors down. He straight up told me as he was apologizing, 'sorry I was looking at their cool car and went to the wrong house.' Oy.

OK so to the OP my point was going to be that with all the different delivery methods that amazon uses now, there seems to be more chance of goof-ups. But then I reread, it went to Illinois?! Yeah that's just plain wrong, sorry. I hope your item arrives soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 06:46 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Off-topic, I see you're in Sac. We have a shoebox swap group that meets every other month if you're interested, here's the upcoming swap info in the Get It Together forum:

SACRAMENTO VICINITY Shoebox Swap -- March 11, 2017 ***CLOSED & CREATING*** by RenT at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Another Amazon Shipping rant

Quote:

After hearing order was lost, this is what I did. I am currently in Mesa Az where Scrapbooks.com is located. I put in my order in the morning and picked it up the next afternoon........better than Prime lol.

Initially Scrapbooks did not have the item in stock, that is why I decided to go back for new incoming stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Well I finally received a response from the vendor stating they will check with shipping manager and get back to me...
As for hearing back from Amazon, not a peep...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2017, 12:44 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 157 Likes on 76 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
We gave up on Amazon Prime more than two years ago.
We had the same thing happen with a package "delivered" to Nashville, TN, and we live in Hawaii!! That was the last straw in a long history of package delays and strange delivery processes. We cancelled our Prime membership because we refuse to pay $99 for someone to aggravate us.
I know a lot of people love Prime. It just didn't work for us.
I hate to say it, but I don't think it's Hawaii in general, I think it's the Big Island. We moved over here from Oahu about 6 months ago. For years when we were on Oahu we ordered from Amazon with never a problem. Since we've been here I've had THREE orders just disappear into the Bermuda Triangle apparently. The good news is Amazon had the items reshipped. Two of the three items did show up weeks later, and Amazon said to just keep them. On another order they had me reorder the item, and credited me for it for all my trouble. I'm very happy with their customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2017, 02:58 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Well I finally received a response from the vendor stating they will check with shipping manager and get back to me...
As for hearing back from Amazon, not a peep...
If it was sold/shipping by the vendor, Amazon gets involved only if the vendor doesn't fix the problem. In that case, contact Amazon again and select "Other" twice in the drop-down menu (for the reason you're contacting them and topic) and let them know you've already contacted the vendor on X date, etc. Ugh, right? And Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

I still haven't heard anything more about the shipment. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenTView Post
Off-topic, I see you're in Sac. We have a shoebox swap group that meets every other month if you're interested, here's the upcoming swap info in the Get It Together forum:

SACRAMENTO VICINITY Shoebox Swap -- March 11, 2017 ***CLOSED & CREATING*** by RenT at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for the invite. I'll keep it mind for another time. I'm sure you all will have fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2017, 08:34 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Still no word from either AMAZON or vendor so I requested a refund this evening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2017, 05:51 AM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

This morning I called Stuff4Crafts about my order as directed in their generic confirmation response. That was a waste of time since it was a recording directing to contact via email! I went to their website and connected to their facebook page and left a bad review regarding poor customer service and delivery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2017, 06:54 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

FINALLY A RESPONSE (a lame one)..."...we were unable to ship out your order due to the last of the stock being damaged... We have refunded the full amount of your order..."
It was shipped and delivered elsewhere! I will not order from Stuff4Crafts again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Lol that order from Amazon that was supposedly lost in transit ...........the little tracker is still inching forward. Maybe it's hopping from mail truck to mail truck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Default My only bad order from Amazon

Quote:

This morning I called Stuff4Crafts about my order as directed in their generic confirmation response. That was a waste of time since it was a recording directing to contact via email! I went to their website and connected to their facebook page and left a bad review regarding poor customer service and delivery.
I order tons of stuff from Amazon and my only bad order in 15 years was from Stuff4Crafts. Like you, I'd never order from them again and now I'm super careful checking the vendors if the item is not shipped directly from Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I hope they will come through for you.

It was not meant for me to have and leave it at that.
What I have will do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 12:35 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HAVE ONLY BEEN a member of Amazon prime one month and am very pleased.
I am new to the rodeo and wish I had joined sooner.
I previously ordered from ebay and craigslist and did notice in package tracking that shipping routes make no sense, items are shipped to other locations in route to me. The fact that they can just leave packages and go....adds to the frustration when they are delivered to the wrong location. aargh
Reply With Quote Likes