Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More Sale-a-bration items

I know new Sale-a-bration items will be unveiled on February 21. I haven't found anything particularly eye catching yet so I hope something else does!

When demo's get info on what that will be, would one of you describe it...? I know you can't release pictures ahead of time but it would be grand to know what is coming ! fingers crossed and here's hoping! ... thank you
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

I read that same thing somewhere. When I asked my demo she said she had not heard this.

I suspect they have to keep zipped lips after the fiasco last year when some items in salebeations were only available until Feb 15 like the plane for example.i have decided to wait and see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really do not think this is fair. I had about seven people place orders already. They will not place another order just to get a free item. Stampin up is really going to lose my business with things like this and the price increases. There are so many other placed to buy quality products with equal or better pricing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 90 Likes on 55 Posts

I don't know for sure since I'm not a demo, but in years past when SU went with two SAB releases, wasn't there some overlap or notice of what the new images would be? I vaguely recall seeing them so I would know when to place my order depending on whether I liked the first images or the second. Or maybe they kept some of the first release along with the second? Clearly I'm no help, lol! I have been holding out for the second half to see if there was a set I like better than any in the first round.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin"T"View Post
I really do not think this is fair. I had about seven people place orders already. They will not place another order just to get a free item. Stampin up is really going to lose my business with things like this and the price increases. There are so many other placed to buy quality products with equal or better pricing.
Totally agree... There have been several changes in SU!'s policies recently that have raised my eyebrows and made me wonder how much it was hurting their demos. They dominated the industry for a long time, but maybe now they're turning into Goliath and David will bring them down. I guess we'll see...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Are they Goliath? The SU name doesn't come up at events or classes I attend. Of course that's partly/mostly because they're sponsored three LSS's, and SU's sales model doesn't include LSS's. But people chat before/during/after classes about many items and brands that the LSS doesn't sell, so I've wondered about that a bit.

Oh, maybe it's that they're Goliath within the demo sales model?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 11:55 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Are they Goliath? The SU name doesn't come up at events or classes I attend. Of course that's partly/mostly because they're sponsored three LSS's, and SU's sales model doesn't include LSS's. But people chat before/during/after classes about many items and brands that the LSS doesn't sell, so I've wondered about that a bit.

Oh, maybe it's that they're Goliath within the demo sales model?
Yes, this... They were also responsible "back in the day" for introducing many, many people to what was, at the time, a fairly new trend...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 12:16 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Just to put it in perspective, there was no secret about the fact that new items would be available later in Sale-A-Bration.

Take a look at page 2 of the SAB brochure where it says, "Watch for another set of limited-time items coming on February 21!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Received 90 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Just to put it in perspective, there was no secret about the fact that new items would be available later in Sale-A-Bration.

Take a look at page 2 of the SAB brochure where it says, "Watch for another set of limited-time items coming on February 21!"
Thanks for posting that, Linda! You saved me from hunting down my brochure, lol!

I like ordering during SAB! Even if I don't have a large stamp order, I think it's a good time to stock up on my envelopes, neutral cardstock, etc. etc...stuff I use all year. We don't have any LSS so it is fun to get together to stamp. I am new to this area and I miss my SU demo and all the fun evenings we spent stamping! Most of what I own is from SU, and lately I've branched out to a few companies whose blogs I follow. I do think the SU stamps are a great value and quality so that along with the opportunity to stamp with a group is probably why they're so successful. I miss the company of stamping buddies and am not aware of any other businesses that offer stamping events. I made so many good friends just by going to stamp camps! Anyway, I don't know about the David/Goliath thing, I just love stamping and will take advantage of SAB, hopefully with a sneak peek at what is coming in the second round. If not, I'm getting those chickens!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hey, Linda! Not trying to step on toes here, for sure, but just because there's "fair warning" about a policy or business practice or whatever doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing... I understand the whole marketing ploy of "limited time" and "exclusive" and having teasers and all the rest of it, but I still wonder how effective it can be overall - especially when everyone seems to be watching their pennies so carefully. Have you found it to be helpful or detrimental in your own experience, or has it not made much of a difference? Inquiring minds and all that...

To my other point, in the circles I was aware of in the early days of stamping, Stampin' Up! was sort of what everyone knew about prior to the explosion of the LSS, and D.O.T.S. (which became Close to My Heart) was the "new kid on the block", then SO MANY other companies sprouted up! Before that, the only stamps I personally saw were in stationery stores, and were mostly PSX and Impressive stamps. It's been fascinating to watch things come and go and morph and all the rest of it over the years...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 12:00 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll forgive ya, Sue, since you liked my post. hahaha

I don't know if the limited time thing works but I'm guessing it might. There always seems to be a buzz when something new is coming out.

Personally, I don't make a big deal of it and find that most of my stampers get what they like when they want it. I do have a party scheduled for 2/20 and will tell the ladies to have a look before finalizing their choices.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 03:14 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are numerous items I like for SAB but I probably won't get anything. I just have too much stuff already !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 07:53 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

I'm finding that I have so much already, not nearly as much makes me have to order. I've been around long enough that new stamps sets now very much resemble what I already have and love, that I'm just not compelled to order.

I will see what is released in 3 weeks for saleabration and go from there. I have a gift certificate from a friend that I need to use with my personal demo, that sweetens the deal more as well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

To the original post...demos will be able to pre-order the new SAB items starting tomorrow (2/1). Once that period begins, you will soon see descriptions of the items and even projects created with them. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 09:06 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
To the original post...demos will be able to pre-order the new SAB items starting tomorrow (2/1). Once that period begins, you will soon see descriptions of the items and even projects created with them. HTH
Yes! Thank you, that helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hoping to see a brief description of the Feb 21st releases.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts

I found this on another thread (see post 2)
Question anyone has the sneak peek? by hotwheels at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2017, 07:19 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Default More Saleabrations items

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
I read that same thing somewhere. When I asked my demo she said she had not heard this.

I suspect they have to keep zipped lips after the fiasco last year when some items in salebeations were only available until Feb 15 like the plane for example.i have decided to wait and see.
Just received word on Monday that my info was correct. She then proceeded to tell me what was coming which has been posted.

I placed a small order earlier last month because I purposely wanted to see what was coming after Feb 21.I did not want to feel pressured into ordering something before it disappeared knowing there was more to come. Last year many wanted the plane stamp and had to order before the 15th, and I know some were disappointed they did not realize it was only available for a limited time. I wonder if it will be the same this year, that something will be dropped and replaced with new items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #19  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can someone save me time (please and thank you) and tell me the size card that fits in the (gold) tin plus jow many cards it holds?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

thanks for feed back..... Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_CView Post
Thank you! Good info to think about
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2017, 12:41 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
Can someone save me time (please and thank you) and tell me the size card that fits in the (gold) tin plus jow many cards it holds?
Hi Tina, the SAB tin is very generously sized and will hold at least a dozen A2 cards with envelopes. I believe that it's the same size as the tin on page 160, which shows measurements of 6-3/4 x 4" x 5-3/8". That easily holds the 16 cards that come with the kit but they're not heavily embellished.

HTH

See you for stamping in May? ;-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2017, 03:22 AM   #23  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Hi Tina, the SAB tin is very generously sized and will hold at least a dozen A2 cards with envelopes. I believe that it's the same size as the tin on page 160, which shows measurements of 6-3/4 x 4" x 5-3/8". That easily holds the 16 cards that come with the kit but they're not heavily embellished.

HTH

See you for stamping in May? ;-)
Thanks Linda. I'm thinking about it as part of a gift for my boss. She's hinted that her supply from last year is low. She'd love the gold tin.

May might be more likely than March (Heidi's's event) this year but still only about 50%. We actually are trying to plan a vacation and haven't narrowed the dates yet.

Hope things are well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2017, 03:31 AM   #24  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
Last year many wanted the plane stamp and had to order before the 15th, and I know some were disappointed they did not realize it was only available for a limited time. I wonder if it will be the same this year, that something will be dropped and replaced with new items.
As far as I understand, the new SAB products are additions to the original offering, not replacements (ie different to last year).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for this info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 06:29 AM   #26  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 767 Likes on 552 Posts
Default Photos of the new SAB offerings

You can see photos of new SAB items on Amy Koenders' blog at the following link:
https://stampwithamyk.com/2017/02/06...om-stampin-up/

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2017, 06:47 AM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamping ServantView Post
You can see photos of new SAB items on Amy Koenders' blog at the following link:
https://stampwithamyk.com/2017/02/06...om-stampin-up/
Thank you for that!! Nice to see actual pictures more to think about...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a link to see all three of the new SAB items:
Stamp with Brian Sneak peek at Reverse Words and SAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone know if the watercolor pencils will still be available? I tried to order, but they were out of stock and I'm loving my Prismacolor and Aquarelle watercolors but I NEED SU's that match my card stock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by minstrelView Post
Does anyone know if the watercolor pencils will still be available? I tried to order, but they were out of stock and I'm loving my Prismacolor and Aquarelle watercolors but I NEED SU's that match my card stock!
The SU watercolor pencils are back in stock. I suspect they will be available has long as they have inventory.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they would be in the next annual catalog and additional colors would be coming out. If this is not correct info hopefully a SU demo will correct me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2017, 01:59 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you! And even more colors down the road would make me even happier!
Reply With Quote Likes