View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:46 AM   #24
nwilliams6
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, you are definitely cut out for BAJ! I never use Gesso (don't tell anyone because people always look at me funny when I say that - I am far to lazy to spend that kind of time on a page). I try to use mediums I know won't be bleeding through too much - like distress inks applied with a sponge, several cheap watercolor pallets from Michaels, and water color pencils used without too much water). If I do decide to go heavy on the medium or color, I cut a strip of another paper the size of my space in my Bible and do my technique on it and then attach it to my Bible page. Alternately, I do it on a paper the size of my Bible and attach it as a completely new page in my Bible using score tape on the left side and carefully slipping it in the binding). If I do get completely lazy and do a page where it bleeds through, I turn to the next page and incorporate the bleed through in my design of that page - kind of a grunge look. Way more than you probably wanted to know but I want you to continue!!!

Hugz

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!