View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 06:35 PM   #14
PaperPunchScissors
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Julie, this is a wonderful idea. I'm so glad I found this too. I don't have a Journaling Bible, but... I do have a journal. I am beginning a book by American author, Shelly Miller, who has recently moved to England with her husband and family (she was living here in South Carolina). The name of the book is called, Rhythms of Rest, Finding the Spirit of Sabbath in a Busy World. A book for anyone who is weary. Sabbath is a gift from God to be embraced, not a spiritual hoop to jump through. ~ Shelly Miller.

I don't know about you, but, I'm weary. I have been for a long, long time. I have so much on my plate. I had the pleasure of meeting Shelly Miller this fall at our church and I was so touched by her peaceful nature. Her story was almost identical to mine growing up. I could feel the tears well and my throat tighten as I listened to her speak of Rhythms of Rest.

Years ago, a very dear friend of mine passed away. Her life and death touched my life more than I ever could have ever imagined. Before she passed away she said to a mutual friend, I'm just going to rest in the Lord.

Friends, maybe this is the year that I can actually find Sabbath rest with the Lord and still manage to find time for the art that I so love.

Blessings,
Susie ~

If you're interested in finding out more you can find Shelly Miller here:

ShellyMillerWriter.com;
Instagram and Twitter: @shellymillerwriter;
Facebook: Shelly Miller, Writer
#Sabbath-Society and #RhythmsOfRest

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
Designing for Hello Bluebird
Promoting for Penny Black

My Blog:Sincerely Susie
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/susie.lessard/Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!