Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2017, 03:01 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,129 Likes on 508 Posts

I love my Big Shot Plus!

My son got me a woodburning tool for my birthday that can also do some other things with various attachment tips (hot knife, solder...) - made my husband jealous!
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I love hearing about all of your presents.

DH & I have decided to do something a little different for the holidays. We enjoy taking advantage of the holiday sales and just buying things we want. It takes the pressure off of us. We love to shop together so it is fun and memorable for both of us. He got a lot of games this year. I can't believe how well he did this year.

I bought Cricut- Damask Decor, Forever Young & Ol�. My favorite gift was a Scotch Double Sided Tape Runner- Scotch� Double-Sided Tape Applicator He completely surprised me with that one. He said I needed it and I did. No more fingerprints on my double sided tape.

I also got the Be A Unicorn planner. I coveted that planner so badly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2017, 05:19 AM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Smile

I received an Amazon gift card and cash. I ordered a metal storage rack to set up in other half of my closet where I have scancut set up, Simon Says stamp kit for Jan, a shelving unit, and table top/legs from IKEA (... start the car, start the car...lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Love reading all the lists of gifts from everyone. I received a set of DaVinci Watercolors in tubes (the best). I also received two replacement heat guns; Wagner and one from Ranger. I'll use them both in two areas in my craft room. My little one from 20+ years ago died. Received 2 books on Botanical drawings/portraits for watercolor and colored pencil inspiration; so beautiful. Very blessed to receive so many things to add to my stash. I have already used them all on a project.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejluykView Post
Love reading all the lists of gifts from everyone. I received a set of DaVinci Watercolors in tubes (the best). I also received two replacement heat guns; Wagner and one from Ranger. I'll use them both in two areas in my craft room. My little one from 20+ years ago died. Received 2 books on Botanical drawings/portraits for watercolor and colored pencil inspiration; so beautiful. Very blessed to receive so many things to add to my stash. I have already used them all on a project.
I haven't replaced my heat gun yet and I've had for a few years... I'll put that on my wish-list for Black Friday, 2017... I hope it will last that long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2017, 04:06 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm too particular for people to buy me crafting gifts, and they know it. I got $170 in gift cards for my 70th birthday in October, so I totally splurged for all the Black Friday sales online. I went well over $170, and was kinda feeling bad about that....then I got a $500 bonus for Christmas from work! Yay!
I found some new (to me) online shops and got some wonderful goodies. Just now starting to organize and use them....stamps, dies, inks. FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 735 Likes on 357 Posts

Wow! I LOVE that pallete thing Dini! It's like a mother ship of pallettes! Does it spin like a lazy susan? Do you take the center part out to put the other section in to use? I love seeing what real artists use. Always very cool stuff!

Fun question! I really enjoy seeing what people are getting.

Last year I lost my mind over black friday...I still have not used all of what I got. I promised myself NOT to do that again this year. (Last year was when I really got into ordering online vs only my LSS.) As I have plenty of dies and stamps I was trying to be a responsible grown up and get supplies this time.

As my bday is in Nov, I have both that and the holidays to play with...I started doing my homework in Nov and waited for Black Friday so I could really squeeze my dollars.
I didnt have any WC paints yet and before I go near the very lovely but also very expensive ones, I went with the 36 Gansai Tambi set and the Starry night for golds that I found on Amazon much cheaper than in the stores. Those seem very nice to me as a starter set. I have tombows for blending pens, but everyone and their dog is talking up the Zig Clean color...so I got the 120 set. I was pretty much set there...but at the last minute added the full adhesive post it notes for masking and a ream of 110 lb Neenah Solar white for card bases as I have been stuggling to figure that out all year-should I do Whisper white? Neenah? Gina K heavyweight? I like all of them...but while I was getting free shipping, as that ream is very heavy.. I just made an executive decision.

I have been slowly collecting a few Black silver WC brushes as they were on good sales over the year, so now I have several sizes. I should be good to go now to try watercoloring in both paint and pens

(I pleasantly surprised myself discovering I had WC paper in the house already that is years old and was tucked away)

Then Sandy Allnock sent out a message that the WHOLE set of Prismacolor pencils were on a stunning sale on Amazon at like 70% off, and advised us to run not walk there....I almost got them...but as I need to figure what I already have and use those, I backed off. I might regret that later.
The process also alerted me to the fact that my wishlist was over 20 pages which is totally insane, so I chopped off over half of it. Now it's 9-10 which is still too long but one step at a time...it's that long b/c what I want never goes on sale (like frantic stamper's own dies or Dreamerland stamps) and I break out in a rash paying full retail. So I am in no risk of financial ruin there lol.
Reply With Quote Likes