View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 05:44 PM   #35
gregzgurl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine773 View Post
A goal of mine for this year - TO MAKE A BIG MESS IN MY CRAFT ROOM. I want to loosen up creatively. I've become so rigid and perfectionistic, that I've lost some of the joy I used to get with card making. Everything has to coordinate so perfectly, be aligned so evenly, tied tightly, placed in the exact right location, and be trendy, oh my gosh the pressure! And I'm such a stickler for putting things away as soon as I'm done using them - in the middle of a making a card. My goal is to MAKE A MESS AND SIT THERE AND ENJOY IT. To make a card where the ribbon, the ink, the card-stock, the patterned paper, and the embellishments don't all match, but are instead a range of colors that I love just for the sake of loving them. I want crafting to be fun again - I want to see glitter on the floor and smile, I want to see a card whose image isn't perfectly centered and be ok with it, and I want to be accept the fact that no matter how many water-coloring and brush lettering supplies I buy, that doesn't mean it will make me better. It means I will go broke. Lol. I just want crafting to be about being imperfect again. I'm smiling just thinking about it!
Best.resolution.EVER!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!