View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 03:46 AM   #12
bjeans
Hardware Hotshot

Great thread!

First, I'd like to stretch my stuff in 2017. For me, waking and exercising the creative brain takes sticking with something for a long time. I'd like to use one stamp set five or ten or even more ways - the geometrics, especially, or florals or leaves. This will also save $$.

Second, I'd like to create a weird cooking/cleaning planner, with watercolor/markers/stamps, etc. This would get me out of more random cleaning what catches my attention, and eating too much carry out, even though some restaurants we use are good.

I'm so distractable, and even selecting a recipe drives me bonkers. Having a fun, colorful structure might help. I even have a cute housekeeping stamp set.

Third, I'd like to craft four or five days a week, whether I want to or not. Just get up there and do something, not wait for the mood or event to hit.

I've posted this inspiration for stretching my stuff before. It's from Laura Bassen. (laurafadora/doublestick heaven), from a video interview on onlinecardclasses, Jennifer McGuire's and Kristina Werner's site.

"When I wasn't doing this for a job, I only had a small amount of stuff, since I was very frugal, and only bought what I absolutely loved. And when I had that, I'd push the creativity level with each product - not just two times, not just three, and would find - oh my gosh - you could really push the envelope when you stay at a product. I knew if I pushed, something amazing could come out, but I don't have the time to push to do a second and a third and a fourth project with one product. And I know it deserves that."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!