View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #35
MiamiKel4
Proud Fan Club Member

Yesterday I busted my dd17 out of school early and we went Christmas shopping and shopped til *I* dropped! She was still going strong, but even after my double shot S'Bux, I was pooped after 4 hours!

What can I say ........ I. am. getting. old!

We were going to start some of the decorations but dh wasn't the happiest about that - even though they are away camping and biking. His very very VERY favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, and he wants Thanksgiving to look like Thanksgiving! Dd21 wanted to at least put up the garland and the stockings - including the one for her boyfriend - since the (inlaws) are coming to our home for Thanksgiving - I'm guessing she wanted to show the MIL. But dh wasn't happy to hear it, so I guess we can just show her, just not hanging up!

I collect the Hallmark ornaments as well and have since my oldest daughter was born, starting right on time. BUT, one year we did have a tree crash I saw all our unreplaceable ornaments shattered on the tile and just about lost my mind with grief. However, Hallmark has a off-site online store that sells past ornaments and I was able to replace them all. Thank goodness! Last year, my dd and her bf started their own 'couple' ornaments from the year they started dating. They said years from now, they will keep the tradition going and eventually, if they ever have children, will start the kids collections.

Those. two. are. adorable!!! ♥

DD19 just got back from the Carrie Underwood concert in town so now she wants to go out shopping - wow - I need a week to recooperate!

Sending hugs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!