View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 02:22 AM   #29
Forest Ranger
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Inky Friends!

Susan, your DH is a smart man.

Shelly, that sounds like a fun gathering with one wee man being the center of attention. And your Christmas decorations - WOW, what a treasure having a nativity set that your Dad made.

Number of trees? Well, that is a wee bit embarrassing. The most I've ever had in one year is 43... but that was 2 houses ago when we lived in a large 5-bedroom parsonage. Then we moved to a much smaller parsonage (the last house)... and usually had between 25-30 each year while we lived there. Last year we moved to this house (approximately the same size as last house) just before Thanksgiving... so I was busy setting up a home and WAY BEHIND in starting the decorating process... so we didn't have as many trees up. I can't remember for sure how many there were, but I'm thinking it was about 15.

This year - in this teeny tiny house - we'll be having lots of sleeping challenges. DD and her boyfriend will be here at Christmas - from Alaska - for nearly 2 weeks! DS and his girlfriend will be here about 3 days... so FUN!!! We'll have all the family together. I am super excited. However, I still am fretting where everyone will sleep, since we only have one extra bed - a twin size one. That being said, we'll probably have fewer trees this year, simply because we'll need floor space to set up some air mattresses. BUT we will have a few trees, not just one or two... and we will have the HUGE Christmas village (that my oldest DS has given me piece by piece every Christmas since he was 6-years-old.) I'll also hang the massive Hallmark Christmas ornament collection - it suspends from the ceiling in the hallway so it doesn't take up floor space. I have an ornament from every year Hallmark has made/sold them... and each of our 3 children have an ornament every year since they were born.

Kim, I love outside lights, but my DH is somewhat of a Scrooge... he carries boxes for me and that's a HUGE help (and he always gets me some great presents - thanks to a wish list that I give him and some additional input from our DD), but beyond that I do all the Christmas stuff (decorating, shopping, wrapping, cooking, undecorating)... and I don't do well with ladders, so we don't do outside lights.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!