Old 10-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #30
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Challenge Title: Melted Snow
Hostess: UnderstandBlue aka Lydia
Keyword: FF16UnderstandBlueB
Date: Saturday, October 22nd

Okay, since I started this challenge in New York, I'll end it in New York.

When I was in college in Rochester, before we got SPRING, we got "spring". That period of time in which the formerly beautiful snow is melty, grey, slushy and full of salt from the roads. Most definitely not its finest hour.

We just grit our teeth and held on for lilacs.

So I thought today, in honor of melting H20, we should try some salted watercolor.

To do this technique, you just need a water-based medium. Water-based dye inks work, and so do watercolors. If you are using traditional watercolor, please note that the more pure pigment you have down on the paper, the better the results. Also, the larger the salt crystal the better - I like to use flaked sea salts.

View the gallery for this challenge HERE
We do have a tutorial in the tutorials section for this technique here.

I did a half sheet of watercolor paper, and then die cut it to make Christmas ornaments. I can't wait to see what you do!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!
Attached Thumbnails
ff16understandblueb_angel_blue_by_annsforte3.jpg   ff16understandblueb_annsforte3_snowman_party_by_annsforte3.jpg   ff16understandblueb_by_jacqueline.jpg   10_22_16_ff16understandblueb_by_shoe_girl.jpg   salt-ornaments.jpg  

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-24-2016 at 10:06 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!