Old 10-03-2016, 08:24 AM   #29
stamp_momma
Splitcoast Team Member

Default Hard Candy Christmas

Challenge Title: Hard Candy Christmas
Hostess: stamp_momma (Lori)
Keyword:FF16stampmommaB
Date:Saturday, October 22

When I was a little girl and until a few years ago, my grandma made these amazing homemade Christmas candy trays for us every single year. My brother's favorite candy on the tray was a homemade peanut butter ball (which I now make for him each year), but mine was always a candy "strawberry" that my grandma had made for me since I was a little girl. She originally got the recipe (below) from a co-worker at Montgomery (Monkey ) Wards back in the 70s when she was a key-punch operator. We've always called them BettyReece's Strawberries and to me, they are a special part of Christmas. I miss my grandma's Christmas candy trays... it's always a Hard-Candy Christmases now ... with sweet, sweet memories.

My challenge is to create a card with the word prompt: Hard Candy Christmas. This could be image, color, embellishment. The choice is yours, I played off of the color of my favorite Christmas candy....

BettyReece's Strawberry Candy

2 small packages of strawberry jello
pinch of salt
3/4 cup Eagle Brand milk (sweetened condensed)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans)
1 cup shredded coconut

Mix all ingredients and roll into bite-size balls. Pinch at one end to form a strawberry shape and roll in red decorator sugar. Place on wax paper to harden. Enjoy!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!

Thank you for participating in these challengers, much appreciation to each of our amazing hostesses over the last two weeks and a BIG shout out of thanks to my sample makers for their gorgeous inspiration![/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
sam_2797.jpg   10_22_16_ff16stampmommab_by_shoe_girl.jpg   ff16stampmommab_annsforte3_candy_cane_christmas_by_annsforte3.jpg   ff16stampmommab_by_bejoyce.jpg   ff16stampmommab_by_luvlee.jpg  

hardcandy_by_scrapacat.jpg   zzzzfallidaysoct22_by_va_sunshine.jpg   img_5585.jpg   img_5675.jpg  

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!