View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #10
SkyNacho
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInPink View Post
Hi Becky, (where are you in Ohio??)Thank you for that... I just ordered my very first 15 sketch markers from Joann.com. They are having a really good sale right now.. even their regular price on them isn't bad. The only one I really wanted that I was unable to get there at this time was the blender pen. So I'm gonna scout around and see if I can't find one.

How are you buying them in sets? I saw some on Hobby Lobby website in sets, but not sure if I saw them on Michael's. It's too far for me to drive very often... I need to call ahead maybe... to see if they have a good stock before I go.
There are multiple sets for sale-- check pages 5 and 6 of that link. Michael's first got them in a few years ago (and check the ART section, not the stamps)... I still see the singles at my Michael's, but I haven't seen the sets lately. (The ones I saw were sketch sets, which is why I've linked you to those.)

On the blender, you're okay without it to start. I can't remember actually using it to blend. Some people call it an eraser-- you can use it to clean up if you color outside the lines, but only a little. It doesn't really erase so much as push the stray ink in another direction. Other people use it to add texture to a solid shape-- like, if you colored in an umbrella and wanted to make it polka-dotted, you can use the blender to make spots.

Anyhow, that's one I have as both a sketch and an original. The original comes with a fine point nib on one end. I like that a lot for cleaning up tight spaces. (I believe you can buy a fine point nib for a sketch marker, but then I'd have to learn how to change those out. Hee hee.)