View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
annsforte3
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Default Christmas Angel ~ FF16annsforte3 ~ Monday, October 10, 2016

Challenge Title: Christmas Angel using my template.
Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)
Keyword: FF16annsforte3
Date: Monday, October 10, 2016

Welcome to Falliday Fest 2016!!

When I think of the Christmas holiday I immediately think of our beautiful Christmas trees over the years. Every year the final touch to our trees, even growing up, was the gorgeous Christmas angel that topped the tree. The angel was always wrapped, stored, and treasured from year to year.

So keeping in mind this tradition, my challenge to you is to make an angel card or ornament angel, using the attached pattern pieces. Please read all instructions before beginning.

The pattern pieces are attached below for you to trace and cut out on your favorite designer paper or card stock. They consist of wings, small circle for face – cut on white card-stock, larger circle for halo –cut using gold card-stock or color with gold gel pen, arms, and bow. Final touch cut a, 1 x 2 piece of card-stock for the music folder that the angel is holding. (Note you may substitute other items for the music folder.)

For the A2 angel card , fold the body as if to make a loose cone shape. Flatten the piece and glue the two pieces together underneath. Next, cut the wings into two pieces (right down the center), set the body of the angel on your card (do not glue down yet) and place the wings behind the body, so they fan away from the body and are visible. Glue the wings in position and then glue the body down. Cut the smallest circle out of white card-stock for the angel’s face. Draw on your desired expression. Using a circle punch or the face circle cutout the center for the halo. Glue the face to the halo, only at the bottom, so that the face may angle forward. Now, glue the angel face and halo piece to the top front of the body. Place the bow under the face and glue down. Attach a gold button to the center of the bow for decoration.

For the angel ornament or stand up decoration: Cut out your body piece and emboss it if desired. Take the body piece and run it over the edge of a table to soften and curve the piece.

Using strong adhesive or tape, make a cone shape and glue together. I usually overlap and match up two sections of scallops and glue the piece together. This provides extra strength for your angel. There will be an opening still at the top. If making this as an ornament cut the desired length of string, place the string down into the body and glue down. Place a piece of card stock over the ends of the string for support. For the wings, DO NOT cut the piece into two, glue to the top back of the body, molding them to the shape of the body.

To finish your ornament or stand up angel follow the directions for the angel card adding the rest of the pieces.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE!
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!
Thank you for participating in Falliday Fest 2016!

Many thanks to all of my sample makers, you are so very thoughtful!!
Attached Thumbnails
ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-blue-snowflake-angels.jpg   ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-plaid-angels.jpg   ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-shimmery-gold-angels.jpg   ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-golden-rose-white-angel.jpg   img_2228_by_cakath.jpg  

ff16annsforte3-merry-little_by_hbrown.jpg   10_10_16_ff16annsforte3_by_shoe_girl.jpg   ff1623_by_pattyb.jpg   ff16annsforte3_by_simplybeautiful.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf angel part -t colored.pdf (60.5 KB, 86 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!