View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #153
FayeMakesCards
Proud Fan Club Member

I have to share this card from a class I gave yesterday at a Senior's apartment complex where a friend of mine lives.

A lady signed up for the class and brought her husband along, it appears that he can't be left alone so he planned to just sit in his walkerseat and observe the class. I had enough supplies and encouraged him to do the class with us (it was free so no expense for his participation.)

He struggled with the concept of not having to roll the tape to make it stick, tried to get him to understand you just put it down like regular tape...he would still roll it!

Then he couldn't get the dimensionals pieces off the strips so I helped him with that but he could eventually get the top of the strip off and he could put the pieces onto one another, though always slightly off kilter, he said he liked that look!

Then I got the bandaids open for him so he could put them where he wanted on the card...THEN he smiled...he had great fun making the bandaids turn into happiness on his card! He likes to draw cartoon characters he said...so he did...

He enjoyed the class and I think his wife enjoyed it more having freedom to do her own cards.

I really enjoy working with people over 60...I do all the prep work, they have to color and tape...and then they smile at the satisfaction of what they can do...and I smile because a little paper and tape made someone's day!
Attached Thumbnails
bandaidbyoldergent.jpg  

Sometimes you have to believe it before you can see it.Out of the Maze --Spencer Johnson, M.D.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!