Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Update on Tack 'n Peel project

UPDATE: Since I originally posted this, AdTech changed their formula - it's a mess now and DO NOT use it! Sorry...

I feel like I've muddled everything I've ever said on this forum because I keep changing the way I do things. I was using 2-way glue on the back of my unmounted rubber but the glue I liked was discontinued and I couldn't find a suitable replacement.

I moved to putting poster tape on the back of the stamp to store it (so it would stick to the carrier sheet) and Tack 'n Peel when stamping, attached to the lid of my MISTI with cling vinyl (so I didn't damage the MISTI and could take it off when I was using photopolymer stamps). That wasn't working for me, either - it was a nuisance doing the whole put-it-on-take-it-off thing, and the poster tape was not the ideal answer.

I've reverted to something that I was doing before and using AdTech tape runner on the back of the stamps - it's instant, holds well, leaves no residue on the carrier sheet or the MISTI, and is easy to find and cheap. I am not really sure why I stopped doing that, thinking that the TnP would be a better answer, but I've come to my senses and gone back to it. I'm gifting the TnP on cling vinyl to another stamper who wants to give it a go...

I'd like to say "FINAL ANSWER", but with me and my Odd Brain, you just never know. Anyway - hope it's helpful to someone... If you want to investigate the AdTech tape runner for yourself, look for this one:

Last edited by gregzgurl; 01-29-2018 at 03:51 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sue, you certainly don't have to worry about your credibility - your advice is always good. I have switched over to the AdTech as you suggested and find that all your claims are true. I am sorry that I have TIO&O on so many of my stamps - as the AdTech is superior. I had to find out to use the regular - not the dots.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

You can remove the TIO&O - either use Ultra Clean and follow up with a baby wipe or just rinse with water, then put the tape runner on after the stamps dry. My stamps had a mix of different glues (none of which made me happy) and most of them just rolled off with my thumb...

So as not to make it a huge production, you could just switch them over as you use them (that's what I'm doing).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 07:07 AM   #4  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 598 Likes on 419 Posts

I went with bare rubber and tack and peel on the blocks. The tio&o was way too much work for me! I just have doubled sided tape on the cd holders that I put the stamps in. I am going to look at the tape runner you use, it might be easier
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 07:24 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Hi Sue,

Thanks for this. Did you order the tape online? One review says it is hard to find in stores? Just wondering before I go on a fruitless search, lol.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

@Shirl:
You can get it via Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Ad-Tech-Perma...dp/B005FM6XF4/
(sold by Amazon, so it has free 2-day shipping for those that have Amazon Prime.)
You can also buy refills for the tape for two for $5.

@Sue:
Thank you for sharing! A friend bought a bunch of this adhesive a while ago, but did not like how it behaved with paper. I'll let her know it's a great glue to use with her unmounted rubber stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Hi Sue,

Thanks for this. Did you order the tape online? One review says it is hard to find in stores? Just wondering before I go on a fruitless search, lol.

Shirl
My Tuesday Morning's has it regularly along with the dot and removeable I buy all three types. $5.99 for 4 rolls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

The dot one doesn't work for the stamps (Cathy H proved it, lol), so stick with the one pictured above. I buy mine at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, but Amazon is a good thing, too. The "this one" in my original post actually links to Amazon. Shazsilverwolf says that Amazon UK carries it, too, so there's that...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't mean to confuse. Just wanted it known as a source. Tuesday Morning has the one you pictured plus the other two for other uses
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by estampsView Post
Didn't mean to confuse. Just wanted it known as a source. Tuesday Morning has the one you pictured plus the other two for other uses
You weren't confusing at all - you clearly stated that there were three types available, so no worries. I just wanted to clarify since Cathy had already tried the dot one and had issues... I appreciate that you provided another source!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI - I just found the 4 pack of the Ad-Tech tape mentioned above for $5.64 in my Wal-Mart craft section. The cheapest I saw on Amazon was $9.10.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was at Hobby Lobby today so checked on the tape. They had a 4 pack of the Permanent refillable runners for $8.99 ($5.39 with coupon). Or an individual runner for $2.99, so with a coupon it's $1.79 The 8 pack refills were also $8.99 ($5.39 with coupon). Options for those near a Hobby Lobby.

I hadn't had time to buy the Tack n Peel yet... see, my slowness paid off. Thank you Sue for doing the research!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2016, 01:54 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have a question.... this is permanent and still lets you remove the stamp from the misti or acrylic block?

I'm currently using tack n peel on an acrylic block but have a misti on the way and would prefer not to attach tack n peel to it. I wanted to try the vinyl option, but if this is easier... Gregzgurl your tips have always been great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2016, 06:31 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by NessaLynnView Post
I do have a question.... this is permanent and still lets you remove the stamp from the misti or acrylic block?

I'm currently using tack n peel on an acrylic block but have a misti on the way and would prefer not to attach tack n peel to it. I wanted to try the vinyl option, but if this is easier... Gregzgurl your tips have always been great!
Hey, thanks! Although it says permanent, that means for use on paper (which is subject to further scrutiny - mixed thoughts on that). So far I have had ZERO issues - stamps cling very well to the carrier sheets and blocks/MISTI, but they are definitely removable and there is NEVER residue. I hope that clarifies a bit more...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #15  
cms
Polyshrink Goddess

Sue, this is my "go to" adhesive for making cards! I like it much better than Tombow & I'm a klutz so I have a hard time with the big tape dispensers. I'm definitely going to try this with my bare rubber. Thank you!
Jimmie Johnson #48 fan! KS Jayhawk alumni!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Is the red package the same as the blue package? Both show blue runners. I've only seen and bought them in the red package but they seem to be the same and are permanent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue - I am so glad I found this. I have a bunch of bare rubber stamps I have been meaning to put on EZ mount, but just never get to it. Now that I have my Misti, I am not so concerned about the cushion for getting a good image, so I am going to give this a try. Maybe I will actually get to use some of those stamps!!!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixdogView Post
Is the red package the same as the blue package? Both show blue runners. I've only seen and bought them in the red package but they seem to be the same and are permanent.
If you're referring to the refill packaging, the red one is the "dot" tape, which is permanent, but leaves dots behind when you transfer the stamp to or from the carrier sheet/block/MISTI. The blue one is the one you want. The holder/runner itself that you use them with accepts all of the available refills, and it is blue. Did that answer the question, or did I not understand it correctly?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 09:29 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

so, I ordered this adhesive from Amazon, and actually sat down this weekend and tried it on a bunch of IO UM stamps that have been sitting in a box waiting for some love. It work wonderfully! I have them all neatly on storage panels now with stamped indexes. Thank you again for posting this

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I was so glad to see this post. I've been away from Splitcoast for a few months after moving and am trying to organize my new craft space. I was going to buy Grafix cling for all my unmounted or soon to be unmounted stamps. I specifically was looking for a post on what is best by you Sue - you're my organization hero. Thanks for saving me time and money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 03:24 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
If you're referring to the refill packaging, the red one is the "dot" tape, which is permanent, but leaves dots behind when you transfer the stamp to or from the carrier sheet/block/MISTI. The blue one is the one you want. The holder/runner itself that you use them with accepts all of the available refills, and it is blue. Did that answer the question, or did I not understand it correctly?

No, I wasn't referring to the 'refill' pkg. I just realized though that the link you show is the "crafters tape" and I have the "permanent bond glue runner". (It's not the "dot runner") So, mine won't work? It has to be the 'crafters tape'? Sorry I'm so confused?
Thanks! Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 05:08 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

No, I wasn't referring to the 'refill' pkg. I just realized though that the link you show is the "crafters tape" and I have the "permanent bond glue runner". (It's not the "dot runner") So, mine won't work? It has to be the 'crafters tape'? Sorry I'm so confused?
Thanks! Karen
I haven't tried the "permanent bond glue runner", so I can't hazard a guess. You could do what I do - try it on a couple of things and see what happens. I always do a test-run on a stamp or two that aren't at the top of my "keepers" list, just in case...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thSisterView Post
I was so glad to see this post. I've been away from Splitcoast for a few months after moving and am trying to organize my new craft space. I was going to buy Grafix cling for all my unmounted or soon to be unmounted stamps. I specifically was looking for a post on what is best by you Sue - you're my organization hero. Thanks for saving me time and money.
I'm your hero?!? Wow - you must have a really low bar... Thanks, though - so sweet of you to say!

The reason I'm so chatty here is precisely to try to save others the grief (and $$) that comes from so much trial-and-error. (I get some kind of weird satisfaction from it, though, so I keep doing it, lol)...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I haven't tried the "permanent bond glue runner", so I can't hazard a guess. You could do what I do - try it on a couple of things and see what happens. I always do a test-run on a stamp or two that aren't at the top of my "keepers" list, just in case...
Thanks Sue! I'll give it a try but it might be awhile. I have a long "to do" list.

Love all your organizing tricks and thanks so much for sharing!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am in the process of ordering online from Scapbook.com. The Ad tech blue one does not say "Crafter's Tape" on it, like the picture you provided. Is it the same thing? It just says Ad Tech Glue Runner....

Thanks
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #26  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I am in the process of ordering online from Scapbook.com. The Ad tech blue one does not say "Crafter's Tape" on it, like the picture you provided. Is it the same thing? It just says Ad Tech Glue Runner....

Thanks
Shirl
Shirl--see a couple comments above. She said she hasn't tried the glue runner so she doesn't know. I tried to find the crafter's tape while on a shopping trip the other day but couldn't find it. I asked also if the glue runner is different. She said to try it and see what happens. ???

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks
Shirl
I went to scrapbook.com and couldn't even find ANY AdTech runners! I buy mine at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, but you can find them other places, too. You can get them online at hobbylobby.com: Extra Strong Crafter's Tape | Hobby Lobby | 759019, and the refills: Permanent Crafter's Tape Refill Value Pack | Hobby Lobby | 1209477. Joann's has them on sale right now, too, but Hobby Lobby is cheaper...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2016, 05:38 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

I saw some at Walmart the other day...4 dispensers for under $6. I had already bought a couple at Amazon, though.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Shirl--see a couple comments above. She said she hasn't tried the glue runner so she doesn't know. I tried to find the crafter's tape while on a shopping trip the other day but couldn't find it. I asked also if the glue runner is different. She said to try it and see what happens. ???

Karen
Thanks Karen, I ended up not ordering it, as I did not want to take a chance. I will most likely order it from Amazon at some point to get the one that says Crafter's tape on it.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Not good results...

I tried the recommended Ad Tech Crafter's Tape. Put a small swipe on the back of the stamp and attached it to my Misti and then to a clear acrylic block. It stuck perfectly. The tape came right off the stamp when I removed it. Unfortunately, it left a sticky residue on the Misti and the block which will not come off unless I use Goo Gone. Anyone else have a problem? :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by marci17View Post
I tried the recommended Ad Tech Crafter's Tape. Put a small swipe on the back of the stamp and attached it to my Misti and then to a clear acrylic block. It stuck perfectly. The tape came right off the stamp when I removed it. Unfortunately, it left a sticky residue on the Misti and the block which will not come off unless I use Goo Gone. Anyone else have a problem? :confused:
I didn't have this problem, but I did be sure the adhesive was stuck well to the stamp by pressing it down with my finger on the ends of the "swipe" of adhesive.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm really surprised, because I've NEVER had this happen! I've used it on thousands (literally) of stamps, too! I'm wondering if it's because I've always stuck the stamp to laminated cardstock first, then used it on a block or the MISTI later...? Maybe pressing it into the laminated panel sort of "burnished" it into the rubber? I'm really sorry it was a disappointment (and nuisance) for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

I'm really surprised, because I've NEVER had this happen! I've used it on thousands (literally) of stamps, too! I'm wondering if it's because I've always stuck the stamp to laminated cardstock first, then used it on a block or the MISTI later...? Maybe pressing it into the laminated panel sort of "burnished" it into the rubber? I'm really sorry it was a disappointment (and nuisance) for you!
Problem solved. I put the stamps w/the Ad Tech on the glossy sheet that is in the clear stamp box and pressed on the stamps. Then I attached one to an acrylic block. No residue. The tip of "burnishing" the adhesive works. Thank you. I look forward to solving the problem of sticking my clear stamps to my clear blocks and to my Misti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Problem solved. I put the stamps w/the Ad Tech on the glossy sheet that is in the clear stamp box and pressed on the stamps. Then I attached one to an acrylic block. No residue. The tip of "burnishing" the adhesive works. Thank you. I look forward to solving the problem of sticking my clear stamps to my clear blocks and to my Misti.
HOORAY!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a learning experience this weekend - the crafter's tape has worked perfectly on all my unmounted red rubber stamps. However, when I tried it on some gray colored unmounted stamps this weekend, it did not stick to the rubber. It came right off on whatever it touched, including my fingers. I tried washing them in case there was some residue on them, but that didn't help. Has anyone else has this issue or tried this with other than red rubber stamps?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
I had a learning experience this weekend - the crafter's tape has worked perfectly on all my unmounted red rubber stamps. However, when I tried it on some gray colored unmounted stamps this weekend, it did not stick to the rubber. It came right off on whatever it touched, including my fingers. I tried washing them in case there was some residue on them, but that didn't help. Has anyone else has this issue or tried this with other than red rubber stamps?
Were they rubber or silicone? I'm asking because silicone were the only ones I had issues with. I've successfully used the tape on every other color I have - gray and blue Stampingbella stamps, purple and blue and pink SU! stamps, gray Stampendous stamps, blue TAC stamps, red all-the-companies stamps. The silicone stamps (Recollections, I believe) didn't like the crafter's tape, but the others were all fine. I used Scotch double-sided poster tape on the silicone. Kind of a nuisance, but at least I can use them...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Were they rubber or silicone? I'm asking because silicone were the only ones I had issues with. I've successfully used the tape on every other color I have - gray and blue Stampingbella stamps, purple and blue and pink SU! stamps, gray Stampendous stamps, blue TAC stamps, red all-the-companies stamps. The silicone stamps (Recollections, I believe) didn't like the crafter's tape, but the others were all fine. I used Scotch double-sided poster tape on the silicone. Kind of a nuisance, but at least I can use them...
they are sparkle and sprinkle gray rubber stamps. However, they are pretty old... I think I bought them a few years ago.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
they are sparkle and sprinkle gray rubber stamps. However, they are pretty old... I think I bought them a few years ago.
I don't really think age makes a difference - some of my stamps are from 1989! Maybe they have an additive or something in them that resists the tape... Sorry it's an ongoing issue, though. What do you think you'll do?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't really think age makes a difference - some of my stamps are from 1989! Maybe they have an additive or something in them that resists the tape... Sorry it's an ongoing issue, though. What do you think you'll do?
It is only about 10 stamps, so I am thinking I will either put them on EX mount or just use double sided tape on them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2016, 01:31 AM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

Just ran across this thread, can't tell you how time appropriate it was and how insightful! Thank you all for sharing what worked and what didn't. I was just going to purchase some TIO&O, so I really found the feedback helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes