Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2015, 04:41 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Closed - Creative Card Makin' Chicks - Part 2B

Current membership of the Creative Card Makin' Chicks

My Creative Rumblings
Shelly

Not Left Standing
Ching

*Sandcastle Stamper*
Kelly

Stamping for LIFE!
Kim

Something to Scrap About
Tania

Shack Scraps
Wanda

Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Lynn

Rhoda Design Studio
Rhoda

Punknscrap
Lou

My Crafty Place
Sami

Cre8tive Play
Jeanette

Designing Duos
Cindy

Simply Cards
Susan

Let's have fun blogging, ladies!

Last edited by allee's; 11-19-2016 at 05:43 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi Lynn And all the lovely CCMC! Thank you so much for your hard work in organizing this new thread - it looks fantastic!

i'm so glad you guys found the badge for the cards for a cause! It's a wonderful thing! I Did it briefly after the holidays last year - I think I have the badge on my blog somewhere, too, but might have lost it in my reorganizing of my blog I can't keep up with myself!

Lynn, you can still edit a post in a thread my friend! If you click on the # icon at the top right, it leads to the edit page. Click edit down at the bottom and make the change you want

Hugs for all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 09-06-2015 at 06:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

THANK YOU, Kelly! I thought I was going crazy! When did they make that change? You have saved my sanity, girlfriend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

You are welcome, my friend! I learned that from one of the mods last year when I was trying to edit a thread and it changed over

Off to visit some blogs!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelly, thank you for that tip!! I go nuts too in trying to edit my posts!! Ok, copying over some of my posts to this thread. Thanks Lynn for showing me where the breadcrumbs were so I could find you all here.

EDITED: Kelly, you're a lifesaver! It worked!! It Worked!!

Last edited by Ching; 09-06-2015 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Tested Kelly's Tip
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

First, another belated birthday wish for our wonderful lovely Lynn!

Thank you for our fresh start!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
Ching, Bless your heart! With everything you've got going on, you still took the time to do all this research for me! You are awesome.

Hope your other half is feeling better!

I did do a search for this option right through the WordPress and came up with nothing. I honestly didn't think to expand my search beyond that and now I see I should make a habit of doing that as you found exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to check into it now and see what I can do to change my blog...I have everyone listed with a link to your home pages, but I surely do love the most recent post option.

I'm sorry to hear the new venture didn't take off. Sadly, if you don't have equal enthusiasm with all parties that can happen...been there, done that, have the scars to prove it Can you find other friends with more momentum or make a go of it on your own? I know you've got enough enthusiasm for three people...it's infectious!

Good luck in the job search!

Maybe I can help with your RMH card drive. The Cards for a Cause this month is animal related and that drew me right in. But after I work on them, I'm sure I can work on cards for you then. I read about Lynn's contribution! Wow, what a haul for the cause, right?

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Kim, I've got LOTS of free time on my hands now. The other half is feeling better, I've been scouring job listings on a few sites, and am retweaking my resume again. I'm soo ready for stability in life. There doesn't seem to be a lack of jobs in LA, it's more of it being the right fit for me is more my concern, i.e. management and organization philosophy, company values, etc. So I'm very hopeful and positive.

I do hope that plug in info was helpful. I've seen wordpress blog rolls formatted to show most updated blog posts before, so it just MUST be possible. I have an OCD nature, so something like that would drive me nuts that I'd actually stay up and work all through the night to figure it out to fix it, lol.

It took a long while for me to figure out how to do things on my own blog including writing code, digital scrapping, making my own graphics, etc. in previous renditions. Currently, I'm using a clean free template and I've made some custom tweaks to the code template. But I certainly remember a few long nights many years ago in which I learned so much about blogger and html coding.

Gosh, if you happen to have any extra cards you'd like to donate, I'd so appreciate it!! Every month, I contribute a minimum of 10 cards to various SCS hostesses around the country so that we support as many RMH houses nationally. I'm assigned RMH for the Pasadena location since I live in LA, and my month is January 2016 so in the coming months, I should be receiving lots of packaged contributions in return. I just received a packet of 15 cards the other day, so with Lynn's 162, that's 177 cards collected so far for Pasadena RMH. Here's the thread for those of us participating/hostessing for this ongoing cause: NEW & OPEN-Ronald McDonald-House of the Month Swap-Adopt a house or just send cards! by janiekay at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Ching; 09-06-2015 at 09:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
Ching, I was enjoying looking through your blog and noticed the SCS Cards for a Cause and linked back here. I signed up for September and am excited to participate.

I looked high and low for the badge you have on your blog so I could add it to mine and, hopefully, bring someone else to this challenge. I can't find it anywhere. Do you know how I would go about finding it. I hope it wasn't right in front of me and I couldn't see it!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Kim, aww thanks for looking around my blog. Also very glad you were able to find the Cards for a Cause graphic. I'm sorry I didn't see your posts until later on in the evening. Again, you and anyone in the future are more than welcome to grab anything from my blog that interests you. I probably found mine in the same way. )

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend thus far!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hi

Hello- waving Hello to all! Awesome new home Lynn- Thanks Again for organizing!

I'll update my blog tomorrow : )

We went to my sisters this afternoon- about 1 1/2 hours away- met my new Great Nephew, Aiden, just 3 mos old : ) Swam and had a fabulous inner. It was such an awesome day!

Hoping you all had a fab day too.

It is supposed to rain here tomorrow, so get some time in my craft room : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Question

I have a quick question- there is a CCMC thread 2 and 2B, what is the difference???

Thanks
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Shelly, Thread 2 is Lynn's first attempt to reboot but didn't include Tania's blog. At the time, she didn't know about Kelly's tip to be able to edit her post, thus she started thread 2B so thread 2B is where we are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I sent everyone on the active list a private message so that they can hopefully find us here to post on 2B and this can become our new home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Bday to Lynn!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Aw , girls - you are so welcome, I'm glad I was able to assist! The mods taught me so it's nice to pass it along

Kim, I just LOL'd at the story on your blog -- my friend (Elsye, pronounced AH-LEASE) would day dream in class. The teacher's would be talking and say at least and she wold jump up 'Yes! I was listening!" to get a quizzical look from the teacher - LOL!! Clear as day she WASN'T paying attention, lol!

Didn't get my craft on today but got some prep work done for the Wednesday birthday party! Boy Scouts starts tomorrow after school so I had much to do!

*Scattering hugs!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, girls, for the fabulous birthday wishes! I love to start early and celebrate for weeks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I had a very productive crafty day today. Finally found time to convert yet another hopefully last bag of card fronts I found and I'm getting ready to mail out 60 more cards tomorrow to various monthly hostesses in my RMH card call effort. This will take me through the end of the swap year as I'll be complete with all of my monthly donations until next round. So now, anything I make will go towards my local RMH.

Also finally made the card dividers, labeled them for each theme of cards Lynn donated, and planning on driving down to the Pasadena RMH. It's gonna be a killer next few days as we're going to be over 100 degrees here in LA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Waving Hello!

Happy Belated B-day Lynn!

We should get a blog listing of addresses and B-days!

I am going to step down from my DT when the term is up. Seems like all of the cards I get done go to them for display, as per DT contract, and I seem to neglect family and friends B-days and Anniversaries, etc...... So, that will be my goal- make some cards for B-day, Sympathy, etc......

I worked today and have 2 days off until I work the weekend. Still doing bathroom work- he grouted the floor today, the walls tomorrow I think. We will be painting this weekend, then toilet install and putting the light in. Yippee! We are using alot of TP with three girls in the house!

Yeah for cards for RMH : )

Hugs and waving hello to all.
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2015, 10:56 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Yippee!! Got off my butt today and can cross off a few to do items on my list.

Mailed out 4 packages for 6 more RMH locations today that I prepared a few days ago.

And....Lynn!!! I finally dropped off your card donations along with donations from a few other gals at my local RMH location in Pasadena. I decorated a box, organized all your cards by theme, printed up a label to attach to the front, and met up with the Operations Director who was kind enough to give me a tour of their facilities and teach me about what their mission and services are. It was heartbreaking to see a few families in the common living areas downstairs where their kids had amputated legs and were obviously healing. What an amazing cause. Thank you for your generous donation again!!! Thought I'd share some pics with you.

Also, wanted to give you a huge shout out again in the swap and card call threads. Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cards for a Cause Ronald McDonald House Pasadena Donation.jpg (52.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg RMH Pasadena 1a.jpg (68.0 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy Cow Ching, that is a cool box and alot of cards- and for a very good cause! Awesome : )

I am slowly getting around to blogs, busy week : ) and working tomorrow : (

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2015, 05:19 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday!! This taxi driving from dawn to late afternoon is getting the best of me! I am so glad this is a 3 day weekend - woohoo! I plan to get so many things done and catch up on my sleep, too!

Ching, you are so beautiful! Seriously, girl - on the outside you are just so very lovely! And what a wonderful thing to do, such a beautiful soul you are! That must have been heartwarming to visit and a little sad at the same time - it's such a humbling thing to SEE where you are donating, too. Blessings to you dear for taking the time to make the beautiful box and organize it so well! WTG ♥

Waving to everyone!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2015, 07:33 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Ching, for sharing your photos! How beautifully you have organized the cards! I am so happy they are going to be helping families in such heartbreaking situations where the tiniest thing can have such meaning. What a wonderful thing you have done! Thank you so much.

Thank you, Shelly, for the sweet birthday wish.

Lucky you, Kelly, on scoring another 3 day weekend! I hope you find some time to rest and refresh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

I am in the middle of my weekend working..... uggggg My body so aches when I sit all day..... My Fibromyalgia wants me to be more active!

I had horrid news yesterday- my nephew Adam, who has had so much tradegy, came home and found his girlfriend had hung herself- he found here there. She is 23 and has a little daughter.

Last year, he had a baby that was stillborn- that girl moved back up here to be around family, and he stayed there and met this girl. I am not sure what God has in the plans for him, but I hope he joins a support group and finds out he is not alone!

I am not in the least creative today- getting not too much accomplished.

If you are praying people, please keep him in prayers- His name is Adam and the GF Kameron.

Hugs
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, my heart breaks for your nephew who has experienced way too much tragedy in his young life. Adam will be in my every prayer along with all who have been touched by Kameron's death. What sad news for both families.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2015, 07:08 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 283 Likes on 183 Posts

Oops... i just posted on the OTHER thread. LOL

I will catch up later tonight. Just edited three photos for a post to go live before I catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI Kim! Good to see you! (I keep forgetting we have Kim x2 now!)

Shel, I'm so sorry to hear of the Adam. What a horrible tragedy and sad set of circumstances. My prayers go out to all of their families, and special ones for the baby girl :(

*hugs for all!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Oh my goodness! Shelly, my heart breaks for your nephew and family. I know he must be surrounded by the love and support of your family while he grieves and hope he can somehow overcome these tragedies with time with an amazing support group. Hugs to you and your family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Ching, you are so beautiful! Seriously, girl - on the outside you are just so very lovely! And what a wonderful thing to do, such a beautiful soul you are! That must have been heartwarming to visit and a little sad at the same time - it's such a humbling thing to SEE where you are donating, too. Blessings to you dear for taking the time to make the beautiful box and organize it so well! WTG ♥

Waving to everyone!!
Gosh, what a lovely thing to say Kelly! Thank you!

I honestly just don't have the heart to throw anything away. I'm a packrat, lol and am just glad to forward these on in the most thoughtful way possible. Illnesses and sometimes loss is not easy, so anything that provides comfort is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2015, 05:17 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Wonder Woman! Love that profile pic

And that's very true and wise words! I just recently started to let go of things I had not used in years. I made a deal with myself - Use it or Lose it. And I lost it. Totally self motivated and no regrets! All the things I'd collected for 10 years had to be re-homed. I became a collector rather than a stamper :( The best part? Their sale profits went to an amazing cause so it wasn't even a second thought ♥

I think where I went wrong years ago was seeing a card and buying the stamp set immediately - like EVERY CARD! next thing I knew, I was sitting in a pile of 300+ wooden stamp sets and everything imaginable to go with it! At times, I miss it, yes, but at the same time, it's liberating and I use what I have rather than just keep it piling up collecting dust bunnies

Now I just buy the minimal ~ card stock, glues, 3d foam, etc

Waving to everyone on a wet, rainy, yucky Wednesday morning!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2015, 07:59 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

My stamp purchases are way down, too, Kelly. I find myself reaching over and over for several sets that I love and the rest sit on shelves or in boxes untouched.

And don't even start on paper. I have more paper then I can use in the rest of my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #30  
Mad Swapper

haha...I saw that cartoon image on a Facebook profile ad and loved it since I'm a huge fan of the animated show American Dad. I love the character of Francine Smith the most, but this Wonder Woman is of her daughter Hayley. I don't remember the episode of her being Wonder Woman, but I figured, why not, it's inspirational. Who doesn't need to find their inner hero? At least you all know, I'm a real person, so figured it's safe to have a little fun using an animated character as my profile avatar.

I couldn't agree more with you ladies about buying less. I'm really trying to use what I have too. I probably should sell off some more of my SU stamp sets, but I don't think I've even used most of them. So thought I'd try to use them at least once before selling them off. I have been buying used SU sets here and there from the marketplace here though and am trying to use those. Other than color pigment powders and maybe a few items from the SU holiday catalog, I'm pretty much done.

Problem with paper is I'm realizing that it's getting harder and harder to find, so I'm resisting using what I've got. The new patterned papers that are released just aren't as fabulous as they used to be. I want to save those for scrapbooking pages. But at the rate I'm going, I haven't scrapped in 5 years, I've only made a dent in what I have used up, and I'm probably going to be buried with all of my stash. Haha!

Kelly, you can send all your yucky rain to us here in California. We're in record drought and you've never heard such a collective glee from Angeleno's who HATE driving in the rain when we got our morning shower. It's not enough, caused most people to be late to work by 2-3 hours. And there's still work crews clearing out brush, leaves, and felled tree branches on my street 48 hours later. I can't imagine what would happen if we really had a down pour. But I gotta say, I was pretty happy NOT to be in that morning commute. Imagine being 2-3 hours late to a new job!? eek!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Thanks for the thought and prayers for Adam. He broke up with his GF to re-establish a relationship with his former GF- the one that had the stillborn baby......and she hung herself the next day. Her family is reassuring him it is not his fault. He lives in San Antonio and we are up here in Illinois, but do have a brother in the burbs of Dallas that went and spent time with him, and the rest of us are texting and FB messaging with him, so know he feels the love from family : )

Ching- I always hear bad things about the traffic in LA...and I would be even more late...cause I do not have bad traffic and I am ALWAYS late to work- 3-4 minutes .......no matter how hard I try, I am just not a morning person!

Stephi did work this summer on the water lever issues in California- it is an interesting issue. She says over 50% of all water used is to water golf courses.

I have been very bad lately- spending lots of $$$ on craft stuff....not sure what my problem is, cause I do not have a need for anything, and I do not have a ton of time to create at this moment.... BUT...both of the girls are out of the house as of this Sunday...Katie is in Chicago and Stephi is doing a year for AmeriCore and will be in Dubuque Iowa (and I have a TJ/Crafty friend there : ) I think it will be awesome). Oh, Stephi will love it there, it is a beautiful area and only about 3 hours from home. It is hilly there- as the old Irish used to say- rolling hills.....

I am going to step down from my DT soon, as I just feel like time is an issue with my parents and my kids pulling us in all directions. I love the team and they are very generous, just feeling like it is time. I have been on the team for just shy of 4 years. My goal is to use all of these stamps- 3 cards per set- many never inked up (especially SU) and once I use them will decide if I need to keep them or not.

The bathroom is almost finished, and Bob- the handyman- is almost completely out of my new stamping room- yeah! I can resume sorting and organizing- I love stamping in a room with a window!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2015, 05:26 AM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am continuing prayers for Adam, Shelly. I know that time and lots of love with help him heal.

That is crazy about the golf courses in California!

A fabulous new bathroom and a craft room bonus! Lucky girl!

I am headed off to my old stamping grounds for a weekend swap with the Gulf Coast Paper Crafters. I am looking forward to catching up with my friends and seeing what crafty goodness they have to share. We have each created a morning card and an afternoon card to share.

Below are my cards for the swap:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GCPC AM Fall15.JPG (133.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg GCPC PM Fall15.JPG (156.6 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends!

Oh Ching, how I chuckled at your recollection of your tv show ;) I actually don't think I"ve watched it, but that's not unusual for me - I just don't watch tv! I am so lacking on time - I maybe put on the Food Network (love that!) while I'm ironing or have it on background noise when I'm making something in the kitchen I LOVE to cook and that network is so inspiring.

The traffic must be awful! I agree that it's not a place I'd want to drive! Dh lives 35 minutes from his job but it takes him anywhere between 2 to 2.5 hours to get there in the mornings! The Miami traffic is just horrid. Add in some rain and yuck!

I wish we could send you our torrential rain! It's needed so desperately in many areas and we are just getting an overabundance. Today the sun is out, thankfully. Just in time for a busy weekend!

Our dd16 has a chorus event, dd18 has to be at a Scholarship Banquet, and ds has to be at his Boy Scout Regatta, all at the same time tomorrow! As it is, there are 3 kids, 2 parents -- someone would have been left out :( So we enlisted dd20 and her boyfriend to cover little man at his regatta, and her boyfriend is a former Scout so he was SUPER excited to go. They have been chatting and planning all week on this boat they have to make and he's excited to have, as he says, 'a big brother I always wanted!" We are just blessed that in the craziness of having multiple kids, we can pull this off ~ normally, we'd all go to A or B or C but not this time.

Ching, interesting that you bring up the paper and how it's changing. I hadn't really thought about that, but have to echo your thoughts on why I kept most of my 12 x 12 paper packs, especially SU, to finish my scrap booking. I keep saying this is the year! And it never happens. I do like the little 6 x 6 paper pads, I can't seem to stay away from those! I see them in the stores and just go gah-gah. I don't buy them all anymore, but maybe one if I just have to have it. I have an OBSESSION with patterned paper!

But I have noticed that the new trend seems to be a stamp, and a die. If they put out the stamp, there is usually a die cut to go with it. Companies that never did dies before now are coming up with them, maybe to match all the die cut machines on the market? It's sure easier than cutting by hand (which is what I do 90% of the time!), that's for sure - LOL!

Shel, continued prayers :( I know I said it in another thread, but I offer prayers for Adam and the families. I do hope that he realizes it is not his fault and takes some time to heal. I wish my stamp room (when I had one!) had a window - you are lucky ! There is nothing more elegant and yummy as natural light

Have a good day, ladies!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2015, 05:32 AM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, how beautiful!! Those cards are gorgeous - what lucky swappers! Have a wonderful time! ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Checking in- busy weekend for us- the girls are both moving. Katie is taking stuff that is here at home and moving to her apt in Chicago. She stayed there Mon thru today and it saves her 30-45 minutes each way to live closer. The area is not the greatest, but she figured it would save her $$$ She is living in a studio apt.

Stephi chose to do an AmeriCore (similar to peace corps) program for a year in Iowa- Dubuque and I love that area- it is 3 hours from here. She signed up at the last minute, and found another girl that did as well, so will have a roommate to live with. I have been working on buying kitchen gadgets, dishes, glasses, silverware, etc at Goodwill and garage sales this weekend.

AND, Chris just bought a house in Colorado- Fruita- and we plan to see him in October....cannot wait!

Kelly- the time will fly by, and when life slows down, you will miss these days.....! Especially the other parents that you meet at the events and all...... Thanks for prayers for Adam.

Thanks for the prayers Lynn- appreciated! Your stamping event sounds like a blast, and your cards are both beautiful!

Ching you gave me a cool idea for a swap that is coming up.....Instead of DP I could make my own : ) Have you ever printed digital papers??? I am wondering if that is a great idea- as it has to use a ton of ink!

We went to a Cubs game today- the weather was not so great- hot and humid.... but Mother nature was good to us- dd not rain until we got back to our car. And, the Cubs won! Yeah! I am having a bad day with allergies or a virus, so tried to be a good companion to Ray, but at one point in the game, he asked me if I was bored.....yikes!

Have a great weekend! Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Checking in and wishing everyone hugs and good stuff!

Ladies, did something happen to Ching's blog? I can't get it to open - it says access denied or something like that. I have gotten the message all morning, but visited all of you just fine - oh, I surely don't want to miss any of Ching's posts!

Kim, those FTHS are the cutest - I used to play in their challenges and ran out of time each month - here's to trying again ;) Did you know about Deedee's digis, too? I used to DT for her, one of the sweetest ladies! She has a monthly progressive challenge as well - and her digis are darling!!!! Deedee's Digis: Digi of the Month Progressive Challenge Rules

Shelly, I imagined your daughter would move closer to her job as you suspected - that's a long commute! My dh is now driving 2-2.5 hours one way in the mornings because traffic here in Miami has gotten sooo bad. I keep reminding him - We can move! Glad you had a fun day at the game and a win, too!

Little man came home with a ribbon from the Regetta - he said it was fun building and sanding and doing 'boy stuff' The first camp out is next month ... ::Shuddering!:: dd16 did equally well at her choral comp - she scored 38/40 measures and secured a spot to head to Florida's All-State in January. OTher than that, it's just the same - running around being all the kids and getting nothing done craft wise!

I did manage to get a late card up on my blog - better late then never, I suppose!

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Hi Kelly, sorry, was googling myself to see what I could find and temp shut down my blog to private to see if that would work. Just turned it back on. Thanks for noticing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ching in da house!!!!!!!!!! Yay, glad it wasn't anything seriously, you scared me!

Your posts are so inspiring - I just went through my few SU! stamps that I have left and pulled two out to figure out a possible holiday card! THank you for inspiring me!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Ladies, in the next week or so I may have to temporarily shut down my blog, i.e. set it for blog author only, until job hunting is done. I can't tell you how much I hate google + for connecting all of their products through the email I was forced to create lol. So even though my blog has no mention of my full name, it's still searchable due to my google registration. So frustrating.

To make matters worse, my boyfriend got laid off this past Friday so he's in a funk and things are pretty tense around here due to his very raw emotions right now. I'm ok and know that things will turn around for the both of us.

I'll still visit your blogs and leave comments since I can see from my soon to be temporarily shut down blog when you all have updates.

Now with him home full time, I don't have the freedom to craft anymore as my form of stress relief as he will most likely get frustrated at me for "playing around" during this time. Hmm, what more can I do other than badger prospective employers .... after resume, etc has already been sent? It's the waiting game. So there will be few updates from me on my blog anyway. I'm just finishing out my Baker's Dozen swap exchange and then will hope to join new swaps and exchanges when things stabilize more for both of us.

Hope everyone is well!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ching, I am so sorry that both you and your boyfriend are caught up in this and pray that things will turn around quickly for you both. I will continue to keep you in my prayers as you focus on your job search. May something fabulous be waiting for you just around the corner!

So many here in Texas have jobs in the oil industry and with each drop in oil prices, there are more out of work. It is time that this country got itself turned around. Grrrr!
Reply With Quote Likes