Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you into any card kits anymore, and if are, which ones?

When I first started stamping I couldn't wait to get every monthly kit I knew about. I got several Simon Says kits, then I found Gina K and fell in love with her products and got several of her kits (all of which I love). I also joined Stamp Nation and got the last two Stamp of Approval kits. I'm not sure if it's because my style has changed or that I have a lot more supplies now, but kits dont interest me anymore. I actually didn't even like the last Stamp of Approval kit but convinced myself I'd use it , which I haven't. I may still consider the Gina k kit depending on what it is though because I just love her products. It just seemed to me that there were no new or unique, interesting products in a lot of the kits. Or, there were supplies I knew I wouldn't use(especially some of the extras like the pp in the SS kits), or already had. So, if you've been stamping for awhile, do you still get kits? Which ones and what do you like about them?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I order a lot of the Anna Griffin kilts on HSN I love her kits and the cards sell well I in the various places I support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

My favorite card kits are from Papertrey Ink. They don't come out every month. If one is ready to be released, you will get a sneak peek on the 15th; then you will see all the projects from the design team on the last day of that month, and the new kit becomes available for sale at 10 p.m. on the first. PTI also has a contest on the 1st, usually just answering a question, and someone wins a gift certificate for the value of the kit.

My favorite kit is the last one released: Don't Forget to Write. A close second is Sparkles and Sprinkles. My favorite Christmas kit is All Through the House.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks . I've ordered some of the HSN kits. They are nice but AG is too fancy for me..not into her style really . I agree about pTI ...I too have the Sparkles and Sprinkles kit and love it. I've loved all the Gina k kits too so far. Doesn't seem like too many people here use them from the lack of answers though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have Gina K lines and love them. I also like Paper Pumpkin a bit but not my favorite.. I Usually love what I see others do with the Simon Says Stamp kits too..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I get email notification from SSS and only buy about 1 per year. Some of the items in the kits just don't interest me. I bought the latest one because of a pretty stamp set and tiny ink pads and good colors in the papers. I looked at the PTI set and it was very girly and expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I subscribe to My Paper Pumpkin. I love the surprise and variety of kits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2016, 02:49 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've ordered one kit that I love - but haven't used yet. The colors and flexibility just hit me:
https://heroarts.com/shop-sidebar/mh...hero-may-2016/

Now I have subbed for about seven months to a SB kit. I don't scrapbook, but like the variety of papers, stamps, embellishments, etc.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

I just subbed to the SSS kit last month. I had been watching it for at least 6 months and didn't like any of the styles. They were way to cutesy for me. When I saw the June card kit and liked the stamp set I signed up to get the July one. I was happy with the July kit and made 8 cards with it (videos of them are on Youtube). I'm equally excited for the August kit since it's star themed and includes a die and 2 distress inks colors that I haven't allowed myself to buy but have been eyeballing. The second I get a cutesy kit, I'll cancel. Or maybe give it to my mom as a random gift (that's totally her style) and hope the next month is better.

I used to get Glossybox ( a makeup subscription box that I LOVE) for $22 a month but got overwhelmed with makeup by having the subscription for over 3 years so I cancelled that and got the SSS card kit sub for $25 a month. If I ever get overwhelmed with stuff from the sub then I'll cancel it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2016, 04:40 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

You don't have to cancel your subscription to SSS kit. They email the notification to you so you can see it, then you have a few days to email to them if you don't want it. I have passed on MANY, and they will just email to me the next month. I think I have bought 4 or 5 in the last 2 years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Awesome! That's good to know , thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default I just wanted to say......

Quote:

Originally Posted by STINKYView Post
I subscribe to My Paper Pumpkin. I love the surprise and variety of kits.
I love your screen name...Stinky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2016, 03:22 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

My Favorite Things has been putting out some really cool kits every month since January. You might want to check those out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2016, 04:35 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeezieView Post
My Favorite Things has been putting out some really cool kits every month since January. You might want to check those out!
Their kits are awesome, I buy the ones I like. I'm also a fan of Simon Says Stamps kits, but didn't join their monthly kit club. I only purchase the kits I like. If you're not joining the monthly kit club you have to be quick, because they sell out quickly.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I really like the SSS kits--and that you can just opt out of any you don't want. Of course, I still have paper from last year's June and July kits I need to use up... I saw Hero Arts is now doing a kit. It looked like a good variety of contents, just not my style. And now I have to check out the Gina K ones. Thanks for enabling!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Default Kits I like

I have been getting the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit since the beginning. I really like that one as I love SU products. That is the only kit I get sight unseen though. I do admit that they have been piling up lately since I am in the middle of reorganizing all my craft stuff so I haven't been creating too much lately.

I also have purchased 3 different kits from My Monthly Hero (Hero Arts) - it would have been 4 but one sold out before I could buy it. And I have also purchased several kits from Papertrey Ink. I love their kits. I have purchased some of the ~$100 limited availability kits and some of the cheaper ones too that are always available. I can't say which is my favorite as I love them all.

I have looked into other kits but none have really sparked my interest yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the Paper Pumpkin kits. They are always different and the supplies are always sufficient to do more than just the basic kit. Of course, you can't beat the quality of Stamping Up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 04:37 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I always want to find a kit offer I want to join. Many I don't care for. I'm love PTI's but they are way too expensive for me!

I joined PP in June when they had the free kit. I opted out for August as I really didn't want the stamp set I saw with the sneak peek. Hope I don't regret that!

I won't keep it for long but it will be fun to get a few kits.

I did get July's kit and like it! Most people were saying they didn't like it! I love the little gem stamp set. I like the 3-D kits. I'd join a 3-D club from SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

I just saw the new Autumn kit from PTI and I am REALLY tempted. It's $31 and has a lot of stuff.
I recently saw their bigger one for the first time, and it was very girly, and too pricey for me.
I have no idea what Paper Pumpkin has because they don't advertise the items before purchase, as far as I know. I'm not taking a chance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

The Stamps of Life has 3 different clubs you could join. I joined the stamp club and so far really like it.
https://www.thestampsoflife.com/club.htm

Darcie's has a club. I did not join, but was able to purchase an old kit. One thing I did not like was the paper had to be cut out from color prints.
darcie's club

Fun Stampers Journey has a Bloom Box. I haven't seen/purchased one of these, yet.
Fun Stampers Kit of the Month
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

This is the only card kit I've purchased, because of the color palette and that the kit is wonderfully generic, aka versatile. https://heroarts.com/mmh-may-2016/
I haven't used the gift card die, since I've been making pop-up gift card holders, but I probably will at some point. The CS email response is terrific, too. Classy joint. ; )

(I subscribed to a Studio Calico SB kit for half a year, even though I don't SB or memory keep, and that was lovely to build up my stash, but now I shop more intentionally, though still also from them.)

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 450 Likes on 304 Posts

I LOVE Gina K kits...they are the only one's I've purchased, but then I've not been stamping forever, only started last year. I don't have lots of money to buy this year, so haven't really looked around...but try to get Gina's if at all possible, least if I like the stamps. She has the best cardstock, so her kits are great for me...other kits not sure I'd want, since I prefer using Gina's cardstock for the most part from now on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

I guess I must be the odd one..lol I have tried many kits including SS but what I love are paper wishes..you can apply for the stamp kit, or the embossing kit, stencil kit, die kit, I also like their template kit. What I would not apply for is their card making kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2016, 11:55 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I just saw the new Autumn kit from PTI and I am REALLY tempted. It's $31 and has a lot of stuff.
I recently saw their bigger one for the first time, and it was very girly, and too pricey for me.
I have no idea what Paper Pumpkin has because they don't advertise the items before purchase, as far as I know. I'm not taking a chance.
Is this one still available? I've never done a kit before. But it sounds like something I'd like. Plus it would help me build my collection. Where can I see the autumn one you referred to? Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #25  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I tried a few kit clubs with the most recent being SEI. I enjoyed receiving treats but I found that when I would do a purge of my supplies a lot of it was from kits so I stopped.

Years ago when I first started to stamp kits helped me build up my supplies, taught me new techniques, and gave me new ideas. I think the key is to monitor the club and only accept the kits that fit your style
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 06:56 AM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Gina K 120# cardstock......I have heard it is too heavy for cards and difficult to crease nicely. Seems like the 110# is plenty heavy in the Neenah and PTI I use.
Comments in the Gina K pls.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

I know I was s bit off subject, but Gina K kept popping up and I have been curious about her products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 08:21 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris01View Post
Gina K 120# cardstock......I have heard it is too heavy for cards and difficult to crease nicely. Seems like the 110# is plenty heavy in the Neenah and PTI I use.
Comments in the Gina K pls.......

Gina's paper is amazing, I've used it for years and I love it!! Personally, I don't think 120# is too heavy, it is great for single layer cards and alcohol markers, the color does not bleed through. She also has 80# layering weight in her white and ivory. Gina's and Neenah are my favorites for white and all Gina's color cardstock. I'm not a big fan of PTI's paper, not sure what it is. Gina is top notch, along with all of her products and customer service! Her clear stamps are some of the best I've ever used!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris01View Post
I know I was s bit off subject, but Gina K kept popping up and I have been curious about her products.
I tried the 120# and even after watching the video I still had cracking on the fold. I prefer Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

DreamsInPink, the Autumn kit is at Papertreyink.com. then search Autumn Kit in the search box at top. It did not come up from the Kit tab. It's called a mini kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'm not usually tempted by kits, but it is pretty amazing. I can't see what the tiniest stamps are though. Maybe I'll be able to on my PC, though I enlarged the photo a lot on my iPad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInPinkView Post
Is this one still available? I've never done a kit before. But it sounds like something I'd like. Plus it would help me build my collection. Where can I see the autumn one you referred to? Thank you!!
Here you go: https://www.papertreyink.com/stamps/...or-pop-autumn/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

There are phrases in upper right: BIRTHDAY WISHES, BLESSINGS, HARVEST, THANKS. The dots and leaf veins are fillers for the dies, I think.
To see a video of the kit, go to the blog and scroll down to August 15th. "Today is the Day" Scroll down to August in a Nutshell, and click on day 3.
LOT OF Trouble to find this, but it's neat stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks! I could see everything clearly except the tiny dots, and your assumption makes complete sense. : )

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

There are phrases in upper right: BIRTHDAY WISHES, BLESSINGS, HARVEST, THANKS. The dots and leaf veins are fillers for the dies, I think.
To see a video of the kit, go to the blog and scroll down to August 15th. "Today is the Day" Scroll down to August in a Nutshell, and click on day 3.
LOT OF Trouble to find this, but it's neat stuff!

Putting "autumn mini" in the search box works too - but I only knew to figure that out after your ace detective work. Sheesh!

Here's the page it's on.

{capture the moment}: Thanksgiving Inspirations

When I was looking around I found other leaf dies that I liked tons - I'm a sucker for abstract leaves. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

harvestmoon and bjeans, Thank you so much! I did find it and it's adorable. How do their kits work? Is it only available until the end of August? I won't have money to play with till the first week of September.. but I do really like this set.
{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 450 Likes on 304 Posts

I love Gina's cardstock...I did have trouble for a little while with it cracking, till someone figured out I was probably using to small of a thing to score it (I use a stylis to score with) so I flipped my stylis around and used the larger end, and I don't have any more trouble! LOVE the heavy weight for card bases! It's all I will buy now if at all possible. Least for making cards, the other I have will be used for other not as important projects, or something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2016, 06:21 PM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

Lori.....I think I notice PTI is on the gray side compare to Neeneah cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 05:50 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Hero Arts. I'm not a card kit card maker, but they have awesome dies released nowhere else. Other than a couple their kits (released the first the month), I never buy kits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

DreamsInPink, I have never ordered from PTI, and the blog is too wordy to find anything. The store where you buy does not state a date limitation.
Reply With Quote Likes