Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just wondering...

Hello!
I've been a member for several years but have only posted a dozen or so images and I was just wondering why an image might have 2 or 3 or more "favorites" one day and the next, none? Does this mean people changed their minds about favoriting a card, and if so, what can I do differently so this doesn't happen?
As I said, I don't have a lot of shared cards, and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there is something different I can do to get more looks or likes.
Thank You,
Creatableme
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2016, 08:20 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

With your question about favourites, do you mean that the total number of favourites for a particular card goes down over time, or that the number of favourites for a card on different days, can be different? Any cards you upload will be seen by lots of people, at different times, and will appeal to some viewers more than others. There is nothing wrong with a card just because it doesn't get comments, or because it hasn't been added to someone's favourites folder. All it means is that the people that that card would most appeal to, simply haven't seen it yet. Hope this helps!
Stephanie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Stephanie,
Thanks for responding to my question. I was asking specifically about one card I had posted a few days ago that had been favorited a few times but now isn't favorited at all. I'm just wondering if there's something different I can do in hopes that doesn't happen, but your answer definitely helps me understand the way it works! Thanks again!
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 01:03 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

About the favorites number disappearing - that sounds like it may be a glitch in the system, and not something you did wrong.

And, like Stephanie said, the fact that your cards don't get comments probably has nothing to do with the appeal of your card, just that the gallery has so many uploads every day that folks don't take time to look or comment like they used to.

I've been here for about 10 years, and I've noticed that the comments have fallen way down from what they used to be. If you participate in the challenges, you will probably get more traffic for your cards, as everyone tends to look at what the others have done.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

Last edited by buggainok; 07-08-2016 at 01:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Sometimes I put a card into My Favorites and when I get more time I add it to my Pinterest board and delete it from My Favorites. I'm finding it easier to find "favorites" when they're on my boards than when I do a search in My Favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh that makes sense, and I think I even may steal that idea from you, thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi, Creatableme, and thanks for sharing your concern. I believe that the answer Diane gave is most likely correct. However, I no longer unfavorite them until the new year, because we have "Favorites for 2016" coming up, and my favorites will help me to make up my list. Hope that helps, and it's nice to have you here. And don't worry about the "favorites," and the comments will always be there (well, as long as you don't delete the card." :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

BTW, one of the more annoying things (to me and probably to others) is when someone "faves" a card and doesn't bother to leave a comment. However, it is happening, so don't worry about it. I try hard to comment when someone comments on my card (just me), but it's not always the case. But seeing people "faving" your cards should encourage you. Hugs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Cheryl, thanks for the reply, and even more, thanks for the tips. I am definitely guilty of not always leaving a comment when I add a card to my favorites, so I will be sure to do better with that!
Reply With Quote Likes