Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-21-2016, 03:18 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Flower Stamps to use with Zig Clean Markers for Water Coloring

I actually need help to pick out open lined flower stamps please! I just received these neat markers as a birthday present. I love them. Went to Michaels today to buy Stathmore Bristol paper. Love this paper.:p

But I don't have any fun open flower stamps. All my flower stamps are very detailed and I really don't think they will work well for water coloring.

So, PLEASE direct me to your favorite, fun water coloring flowers stamps.

Thank You so much!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

SUBBING
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Yay! I hope you have lots of fun with them and happy birthday!

I'd look at Penny Black, Power Poppy, Stampendous, Peddlers Pack, and just look for flowers here in the gallery. I have gotten one stamp here or there from companies but these guys are all strong for that description.

Do you care if it is rubber or clear? Realistic or not?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Yay! I hope you have lots of fun with them and happy birthday!

I'd look at Penny Black, Power Poppy, Stampendous, Peddlers Pack, and just look for flowers here in the gallery. I have gotten one stamp here or there from companies but these guys are all strong for that description.

Do you care if it is rubber or clear? Realistic or not?
Does not matter to me if stamps are rubber or clear. I am mostly a realistic flower person, but I am open to a design that is contemporary or funky, just for fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Altenew

Altenew has great flower sets for coloring. My Favorite Things also has some I really love.

Stamps ? Altenew

LJD Fly-By Friends

Search results for: 'sketched blooms'

This one from Simon Says Stamp is on its way to me.
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...1607-SSS101607

Simon Says Stamp has a few more I'd like, but I'm trying to exercise self-control.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second on Altenew. Papertray Inc also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie/MOView Post
Altenew has great flower sets for coloring. My Favorite Things also has some I really love.

Stamps ? Altenew

LJD Fly-By Friends

Search results for: 'sketched blooms'

This one from Simon Says Stamp is on its way to me.
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...1607-SSS101607

Simon Says Stamp has a few more I'd like, but I'm trying to exercise self-control.
Thanks!

I really love the SSS set look for the miricles!

I do love the Altene flowers. Love the big flowers, but I would only use have the set. I do not have the patience or the talent to do 3 step stamping, so half the set would be unused.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 06:42 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 657 Likes on 414 Posts

love this one it was one of my first ones I tried.
Poppy Background Clear Stamp - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

this ones not as big but still do-able with water for me:
Impression Obsession Evening Flower - Cling Rubber Stamp G16163-CLG - 123Stitch.com

petals are pretty big on this one too
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...d?currency=USD

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 07:03 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Catherine Scanlon has some lovely open flowers in line-art style. She designs for Art Gone Wild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
love this one it was one of my first ones I tried.
Poppy Background Clear Stamp - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

this ones not as big but still do-able with water for me:
Impression Obsession Evening Flower - Cling Rubber Stamp G16163-CLG - 123Stitch.com

petals are pretty big on this one too
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...d?currency=USD
Thanks! I do LOVE the poppy background!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
Catherine Scanlon has some lovely open flowers in line-art style. She designs for Art Gone Wild.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 08:30 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is the exact types I am looking for these days. I was also going to mention "art gone wild " stamps.

Also penny black. And the ton.
Graceful Rose ? The Ton
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 06:34 AM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

I like real too I could talk about this all day. More than Christmas!

Those are some very pretty large singles. That IO evening flower is really nice to me. I think that is going to my wishlist! The rose is nice too but I have of a lot of roses.

I know what you mean about stepping-beautiful when mastered (not me) but not coloring as I think you mean...this Freesia is in my wishlist..it's sold out. There is a matching die if you care. Not easy to find flower.
Fresh Freesia ? Altenew

Penny Black has a very nice hollyhock that is very reminiscent of PSX...the problem is she doesnt call it hollyhock. She uses feelings as names on a lot of the flowers and I cant remember what that one was called but I would hunt that one down. Since I garden I like variety and good hollyhocks are not easy to find, but are a great flower b/c they really do come in so many colors in nature you are not coloring them the same shades all the time.

Rubbernecker has a few line drawings that are good
Rubber Stamps

I had a junior senior moment there-Our Daily Bread designs does a lot of beautiful flowers-there is also 2 others companies on the site now. You can buy the flowers as stand alones-you dont have to get the sets. They have the nicest bee baum I've seen and I just ordered the chicory which I never saw anywhere else.
Flower, Garden - Our Daily Bread Designs - Stamps

Winnie and walter has a couple of nice sets with different flowers where you can build a scene with leaves/stems like addies garden
https://www.winniewalter.com/collections/stamps

Wplus9 has a nice amaryllis set plus others
All Stamps - Wplus9 Design Studio, LLC

These are very nice gerbera daisies at Uniko-what I mean about I find one here and there...but no stems, it is a set and you need to find it stateside.
Pure Florals: Gerbera - Uniko

I Break for stamps have a lot-now they are unmounted, so keep that in mind. Also watch your sizes! I got a couple that were too big!
Flower Stamps to use with Zig Clean Markers for Water Coloring by lesliespringer at Splitcoaststampers

PTI-yeah, I have several of their sets on my list..the marigolds for one..I am waiting on a big sale-maybe black friday. Larkspur too.
https://www.papertreyink.com/stamps/...lds-stamp-set/

Stacy's Stamps-I want the snapdragons, but I have gotten a couple of the corner ones like the tulips. I also like the spiked flowers.
Stacy?s Garden ? Flowers ? Stacy Stamps

Sorry you asked now? LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopperkidsView Post
This is the exact types I am looking for these days. I was also going to mention "art gone wild " stamps.

Also penny black. And the ton.
Graceful Rose ? The Ton
Thanks! I have a few Penny Black flowers I have my eyes on.

Also I received an email with Penny Blacks new releases! Some nice looking flowers there too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 12:52 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I like real too I could talk about this all day. More than Christmas!

Those are some very pretty large singles. That IO evening flower is really nice to me. I think that is going to my wishlist! The rose is nice too but I have of a lot of roses.

I know what you mean about stepping-beautiful when mastered (not me) but not coloring as I think you mean...this Freesia is in my wishlist..it's sold out. There is a matching die if you care. Not easy to find flower.
Fresh Freesia ? Altenew

Penny Black has a very nice hollyhock that is very reminiscent of PSX...the problem is she doesnt call it hollyhock. She uses feelings as names on a lot of the flowers and I cant remember what that one was called but I would hunt that one down. Since I garden I like variety and good hollyhocks are not easy to find, but are a great flower b/c they really do come in so many colors in nature you are not coloring them the same shades all the time.

Rubbernecker has a few line drawings that are good
Rubber Stamps

I had a junior senior moment there-Our Daily Bread designs does a lot of beautiful flowers-there is also 2 others companies on the site now. You can buy the flowers as stand alones-you dont have to get the sets. They have the nicest bee baum I've seen and I just ordered the chicory which I never saw anywhere else.
Flower, Garden - Our Daily Bread Designs - Stamps

Winnie and walter has a couple of nice sets with different flowers where you can build a scene with leaves/stems like addies garden
https://www.winniewalter.com/collections/stamps

Wplus9 has a nice amaryllis set plus others
All Stamps - Wplus9 Design Studio, LLC

These are very nice gerbera daisies at Uniko-what I mean about I find one here and there...but no stems, it is a set and you need to find it stateside.
Pure Florals: Gerbera - Uniko

I Break for stamps have a lot-now they are unmounted, so keep that in mind. Also watch your sizes! I got a couple that were too big!
Flower Stamps to use with Zig Clean Markers for Water Coloring by lesliespringer at Splitcoaststampers

PTI-yeah, I have several of their sets on my list..the marigolds for one..I am waiting on a big sale-maybe black friday. Larkspur too.
https://www.papertreyink.com/stamps/...lds-stamp-set/

Stacy's Stamps-I want the snapdragons, but I have gotten a couple of the corner ones like the tulips. I also like the spiked flowers.
Stacy?s Garden ? Flowers ? Stacy Stamps

Sorry you asked now? LOL.
Thank You so much! Those Stacy garden flowers I really really like lots!:p

Also I am going to a Rubber Stamp Convention in my local area on July 9th. Our Daily Breads Designs is ALWAYS my first stop. But I have to be real careful as just that one store can take my entire budget!!!!(I am planing on saving an extra $50 more this year.;))

Also Rubber Necker will be there to. Also Heartflet design too. They have lots of flowers too. I will go check out their website.

But Seriously I have found lots of flowers to buy to use these markers with, I also have copics.

I do have lots of flower set stamp from Flouishes, but they are all very detailed with black dotting in the leaves, and small also. I wish my printer would take bristol or watercolor paper so I can use Power Poppy flower digis, but then how do I seal the printer ink to use these zig water color pens. A whole different animal I just don't want to deal with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

It is true that I am sad about 9 stamps Power Poppy has only done as digi as I dont do that. But they have tons that are rubber too!

But I just got an email from them saying they are releasing a batch of new rubber designs over the next 5 days so I am waiting! I dont usually get excited about new releases.

Yay! A stamp show! I have only been able to get to one when my LSS did a bus thing. That was so much fun but I was definitely on overload! Have a wonderful time!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It is true that I am sad about 9 stamps Power Poppy has only done as digi as I dont do that. But they have tons that are rubber too!

But I just got an email from them saying they are releasing a batch of new rubber designs over the next 5 days so I am waiting! I dont usually get excited about new releases.

Yay! A stamp show! I have only been able to get to one when my LSS did a bus thing. That was so much fun but I was definitely on overload! Have a wonderful time!!
I receive the email to about Power Poppy new release. I forgot, how could I??!!!

My local scrap store now sell PP stamps. If they don't carry what I want, they will special order it for me, and NO shipping cost!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 03:15 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Open flower stamps

I really like Teresa Momber stamp the are sold by Gina K Design. She also shows many you tube videos how to color them. Hope you find some you like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetkaranView Post
I really like Teresa Momber stamp the are sold by Gina K Design. She also shows many you tube videos how to color them. Hope you find some you like.
Thank You!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2016, 02:03 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I receive the email to about Power Poppy new release. I forgot, how could I??!!!

My local scrap store now sell PP stamps. If they don't carry what I want, they will special order it for me, and NO shipping cost!
Nice! Does your LSS charge a lot more than the company price? Mine does. Can be more than shipping. :/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Nice! Does your LSS charge a lot more than the company price? Mine does. Can be more than shipping. :/
My Lss charges manufacturer price and no shipping!:p Woot woot:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lucky duck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2016, 02:23 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

In addition to all of these, try Unity stamps. She has good sales. You can also fine some beautiful PSX stamps on eBay.
Mob
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

I forgot a good one!
The Greenhouse Society series out of Technique Tuesday!

Technique Tuesday: The Greenhouse Society

You dont have to be a member to buy them, you just have to wait longer for access. They have some flowers you dont see around a lot too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I forgot a good one!
The Greenhouse Society series out of Technique Tuesday!

Technique Tuesday: The Greenhouse Society

You dont have to be a member to buy them, you just have to wait longer for access. They have some flowers you dont see around a lot too.
Those are Beautiful!

I think this is the stamp set I am going to buy

Tim Holtz Cling Mount Stamps - Flower Garden CMS215

Kristina Werner did some amazing water coloring with this set. I am sold on it!!

I am going to wait till I go to my local stamp convention on July 9th to look for other flowers stamps.

While I was looking for flower stamps, do you know how many other stamps I found???

I had to stop looking the other day. I was getting a headache, which is not go cause I have been battling a migraine on and off all week.

Oh, the stamps I want!......Help me!!! Keep me off the internet.....PLEASE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 03:04 PM   #26  
Demo Challenge Leader

OH my gosh, Leslie!! I just now read that fabby quote beneath your siggy!
Absolute TRUTH! My DD canNOT have a conversation in comfort. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Too Funny!

My kids are now teenagers. I can talk on the phone as long as I want now!!

But for a good 14 years they bugged me every time I was on the phone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 03:47 PM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

That set is great Leslie!!

LOL. You are only supposed to look at the flowers! Turn your eyes! It's crazy how many great stamps are out there.

This is why we keep wishlists!!! ;) I have tons of them on there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That set is great Leslie!!

LOL. You are only supposed to look at the flowers! Turn your eyes! It's crazy how many great stamps are out there.

This is why we keep wishlists!!! ;) I have tons of them on there.
Well, this is what I bought BEFORE I realized I "had" to buy new flower stamps for water coloring

https://www.unitystampco.com/shop/dr...s-and-fairies/

https://www.unitystampco.com/shop/woodland-owl/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #30  
Demo Challenge Leader

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Well, this is what I bought BEFORE I realized I "had" to buy new flower stamps for water coloring

https://www.unitystampco.com/shop/dr...s-and-fairies/

https://www.unitystampco.com/shop/woodland-owl/
It's so nice to come here & discover I have even more family! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is what I decided to buy. Over at Amazon As I can get this set for $14 or so.

If I order through my local lls, price will be 21.95 and week and a half to two weeks shipping time.

Tim Holtz Cling Mount Stamps - Flower Garden CMS215

I pulled out all my black inks and stamped a bunch of flower images to practice on the Bristol paper. Just have not got that far yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #32  
Glitter Guru

Hands, Head and Heart: 2016
Melanie Muenchinger is an illustrator for GK Designs and she has lots of stamp sets that would be great to water color or just color.
All the sets she designed are on the left side of her page and she sells them through GK Designs.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #33  
Compulsive Stamper

I love all these stamp set suggestions!
Thanks,
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got done "practicing" using my zig clean watercolor markers. I defiantly need big flowers to water color with.

I tried using a water brush, mixing colors, brush to brush technique, which I really like but I need bigger flower stamps for this tech. I used the watercolor makers just plain which I like. I have to get used to water coloring being a more muted effect. I am so used to copic coloring.

I also used the wink of stella clear glitter pen instead of a water brush. Oh I Do LOVE that technique, Way Cool.

I stamped a bunch of flower images from Flourishes(they have now reopened), but I find them way to small. It is hard for me to Stay Inside The Lines. I feel like I am in kindergarten! Lol

I stamped my two new stamps from Unity on the bristol paper to try out copics. Copics work real nice on this paper, but paper is expensive, so I buy it with a 40 or 50 % off coupon at mikes.

This paper does not have the coating like GinaK paper does, but I do like GinaK paper because it is a smooth surface with that coating.

Oh, I do love that unity fairy stamp I bought. Love Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I am trying out Kristina Werner's galaxy technique, saw the toutorial last week. Went out to buy Crayola Water colors, as there are no more of that kind of school supplies in this house.

So far so good, waiting for paint to dry so I can splatter some white paint on for the stars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

After many many practices with my zig clean water color markers (thank goodness for mikes 50% of coupon for Bristol paper) this is a card I just sent off to my momo-in-law for her bday

Flower bday card 2016-ls by lesliespringer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Forgot to add, I used wink of stella instead of a water brush!
Reply With Quote Likes