Thread: Gelli plate
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #10
bjeans
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahua-mom View Post
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting a gelli plate, any advice, tips or tricks will be much appreciated. Also links to some good tutorials would be great!
If you haven't already done so, you might watch the super short videos that the manufacturer, gelliarts.com has.

If you google "Patti Parrish gelli plate" on youtube, you've find long videos with lots of info. Patti taught me to dive in, not worry about outcome, get messy and be surprised.

One hint many people echo: no matter how much you don't like a print, look closely to find a small part(s) that's interesting and cut it/them out. You can cut a hole in an index card to make a frame, basically, and hold it over different parts so you won't be distracted by the uglies. Chop up your prints! (I sometimes weave strips.)

I went to my LSS's mixed media art journal class this week, and we used Gelli Plates. I cut leaves out of the scrap paper you roll your brayer on to clean it. Some colors in one spot were perfectly mottled and harmonious.

And have fun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!