Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crafting grumpy/gratitude list

Because I got a little mad this week at the Crafting Gremlins for making me lose yet another microscopic clear stamp :( and while scraping an electrostatically charged cat hair off my new foam stamp, I put a mark in the surface :( and my shaky hands knocked a sheet of newly formed pearl dots off my table, I thought I'd make a little gratitude list as well:

-- The pearl dots landed upright, jelly up! And I got them on super sale at Joann.com after researching some threads about Viva Pearl Pens vs. Liquid Pearls (thanks Linda/uncballfan for mentioning them!)

-- I was finally able to try Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder, too. Love the quality and unique color, just stunning as Jennifer McGuire often says.

-- Finally tried Prima Finnabair clear gesso. And it is amazing! I'm definitely going to explore some of their other mixed media products.

--And after seeing it demo-ed at CHA, I got the new Urban Scribble mixed-media stamp set by N*Studio/Stampendous and I flipping love it!

N*Studio � Urban Scribble Foam Stamp, Cling Rubber, and Stencil Set

There is nothing else out there quite like it. I immediately went to my art journal and made a spread with it. What fun that was!

Also feel grateful that I finally figured out the right approach to a stamp set I've had for a while and just love, but never loved the outcome. Here's the watercolor card I made with it recently:

Well spent by poppydarling - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Hope the Gracious Crafting Gremlins have been treating you all well this week, too :grin:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great thread starter idea!

Grumpy:
** I can't seem to find my crafty mojo. I think it's hiding with your itty-bitty clear stamps.
** Piggybacking above, either there are fewer interesting SCS posts or I am having trouble finding those that interest me.
** My desk is a mess with stamps and dies dating back to November that need to be indexed and put away.
** Moved my computer screen about two feet to the right, so I could have my stamp pads closer, and now find myself leaning in against the table to better view the text on the screen. Looks like the stamp pads will have to back on the other side of the table.
** I pre-ordered a lettering book that I thought was for adults, but it's definitely geared toward kids. If you are looking for a kid's book it's adorable, but if you're looking for lessons in lettering don't waste your money with this book: Words to Live By Book | Dawn Nicole Designs

Gratitude:
** My son bought me a Stampoholic tool with a portion of his tax refund and it arrived today! Woo-hoo!!
** I joined the Papertrey Ink forum and look forward to spending a little time there. Maybe this should go in the Grumpy list, since I already know I want some of the Petite Places stamps!
** This morning I woke from a dream (where a hotel put me in an already booked room) and instantly had an idea for a journal page layout--that has nothing to do with overbooked rooms. LOL
** The craft tote I'm filling for my Not-A-Granddaughter (high school age) is about to overflow and includes some nice things a friend no longer wanted: SU heat gun, embossing powder, Scor-Pal, clear stamps. I also included paper, the lettering book (see above), bling, adhesive, ink pads and a few punches. I hope she likes it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Really like this thread. I already have my grumpy on as I have not made a card in a long time. I am grateful, though, that my stamp room is becoming more organized agonizing bit by agonizing bit due to some medical issues and my daughter's difficult pregnancy before Christmas. Oops, slipped back onto the grumpy.. Gratitude for my beautiful granddaughter, Sadie, healthy and happy. Was this supposed to be about stamping? Oops, sorry....see what I mean. Just needing a little boost!!! And Splitcoast always delivers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 12:28 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannemlehrmanView Post
Really like this thread. I already have my grumpy on as I have not made a card in a long time. I am grateful, though, that my stamp room is becoming more organized agonizing bit by agonizing bit due to some medical issues and my daughter's difficult pregnancy before Christmas. Oops, slipped back onto the grumpy.. Gratitude for my beautiful granddaughter, Sadie, healthy and happy. Was this supposed to be about stamping? Oops, sorry....see what I mean. Just needing a little boost!!! And Splitcoast always delivers!
I have not crafted anything in weeks. At least you had an excuse. Me, I'm just not in the mood.

I hope your medical issues get better soon. Congrats on the new granddaughter. Sadie, what a beautiful name!

If your daughter has not already done it, maybe you can make a bunch of baby announcements to send to your friends and hers.

P.S. When you get your craft room organized, will you come and do mine? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Dear Melissa, I am terrible at organizing but I am a very fun stamper. How about helping you make a stamping mess? A cute story about Sadie's name. A patient (she is a dental hygenist) told her she named her baby after his dog, Sadie. She just laughed as she told him, "My family likes dog names, my brother's name is Max." So my current dog's name is Scamp so as not to take any potential grandchildren's names! At least I hope no one consideres the name "Scamp" for their child!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Gratitude:
** My son bought me a Stampoholic tool with a portion of his tax refund and it arrived today! Woo-hoo!!
** I joined the Papertrey Ink forum and look forward to spending a little time there. Maybe this should go in the Grumpy list, since I already know I want some of the Petite Places stamps!
** This morning I woke from a dream (where a hotel put me in an already booked room) and instantly had an idea for a journal page layout--that has nothing to do with overbooked rooms. LOL
Love that non-sequitur dream LOL Hey, we get our inspiration from all over!

I think you're going to love that tool! Good son!

And I just went to look at those Petite Places stamp sets OMG I would want them all! I'm quickly becoming a PTI-aholic and I partially blame Linda :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 01:23 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the grumpy list - I'm still in the process of organizing my stamps by category. This has been ongoing for 6 months - and only when I'm in the mood.

On the grateful list - I'm almost done
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Gratitude -
For all the supplies I have to make beautiful cards
For all the great friends I've meet through this hobby
For the fun and relaxation stamping brings
For the comradary

Grumpy
That sometimes card making is irritating or parts of the process is. That confuses me sometimes. It's odd!

I haven't had time or energy or desire to do much with card making lately. That's ok. It will come back. I never worry about that. I don't keep my desk tidy anymore and I don't worry about that either! It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #9  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Grumpy:
- seems like there is never enough time to get into my stamping room....
- even when I get there - I don't even know where to start because I just have too much stuff (this could also be a Grateful because I have so much stuff - LOL!!)
- MY NOSE! Ok, I know it's not stamping related but remember that commercial years ago where the giant nose is walking around on legs - it was about a stuffy nose...well, that's what I look like these days! LOL!!!

Grateful:
- EASTER! (Remember - it's not about the bunny)
- I have enough stuff that I can share with those I find out need stuff
- to be breathing - even with a stuffy nose...let's face it - any day above ground is a good day - LOL!!

Congrats on the new granddaughter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Grumpy - have not finished organizing and putting away all my purchased items (bought months ago ).
Have still not listed extras to sell on SCS forum
Having to make a lot of sympathy cards lately ( more sad than grumpy)

Gratitude. - was able to create a sit down station / desk in another area.
Found a really good desk organizer and almost set all my tools up so they will be at my fingertips ( but I spray painted it) and it still smells 4 days later
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Grumpy because I'm having some issues which prevent me from doing things I want and need to do. Grateful because I started a new medicine tonight which will hopefully help with some of those issues.

Grumpy because I couldn't get a die lined up after umpteen tries. Normally I cut first and then stamp, which is pretty much impossible with this set. Grateful because this involves a border stamp, and the images are spaced so that I can cut the stamp apart. And grateful that I can line the images back up if I want to use them as a border with no diecutting.

Totally grateful that 2 of my friends will probably be buying Petite Places, so that I won't have to buy all of them myself! Melissa - Poppy, I already own 3 of them, so check with your cohort in crime before buying any! There are 12, so that's only 4 each if we decide we "need" all of them.

Totally grateful that I won a $90 gift certificate from Papertrey during their anniversary release, which is one of the reasons I own 2 of those Petite Places. Also grateful for same because I was able to get both Petite Places ornament dies that I probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Grateful for a friend who told me to spend the gc on something I wanted, rather than something I needed.

Grateful for the VSN this weekend, which got me using supplies I had not used before, some new, others I've had for awhile, but never used.

I'm sure I will think of other things, but it's late...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Linda, hope you're feeling better already. I'm up and can't sleep (grumpy) but I'm eating pierogies and watching Kojak (gratitude .

I cannot believe you have some of those Petite Places stamps LOL Do you have any cards in your gallery using them? Happy that you had such fun using that gift certificate…

PS thank you so much for your sweet comments in my gallery. Can't wait to see what you do with that PTI dot stamp :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 02:46 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Grumpy -- can't seem to finish what I start
can't find stuff even though I just set up my new stamp area
don't have any one local to talk Stampin' Up! with me
Grateful -- awesome scrapbook store with almost daily crops right down the road
Hobby Lobby not far (45 miles away before!)
Big order should be arriving soon with lots of new goodies to make cool stuff
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 05:09 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Grumpy:
- no time, no time, no time
- no mojo, no mojo, no mojo

Grateful:
- LOTS of fun stuff for if/when I get time
- LOTS of work after nearly a year of none whatsoever
- I know my mojo will come back eventually (been here before)
- I can always come here and read about everyone else's fun (or un-fun, too)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Yet another great topic by poppy darling craft wise I have so much more gratitude than grumpy. Two years ago we built our home and I have a lovely space! I haven't spent as much time in there lately but as Sue mentioned, it will be there when the mojo returns. It isn't that I don't want to, it just has been a difficult stretch in our family and that has trumped other things.

Grumpy... Snow snow go away, it's spring!

Gratitude... For God being with us during the breakup of a relationship in our family. That because of Easter we have HOPE! Oh so so much to be grateful for
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannemlehrmanView Post
So my current dog's name is Scamp so as not to take any potential grandchildren's names! At least I hope no one considers the name "Scamp" for their child!
If I was your daughter, I'd have another child and nickname him/her Scamp just for the fun of it--if a boy, might even make it a middle name. Yep, I really would!

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
And I just went to look at those Petite Places stamp sets OMG I would want them all! I'm quickly becoming a PTI-aholic and I partially blame Linda :grin:
Only partially? Speaking of names, I think Linda's middle name is Enabler. I want PTI stamps, I'm drooling over expensive colored pencils, I bought a little watercolor set. Any idea where those Wish List ideas came from? (points accusingly at Linda)

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
Linda, hope you're feeling better already. I'm up and can't sleep (grumpy) but I'm eating pierogies and watching Kojak (gratitude .
I had no idea what a pierogie was. Looked it up. Now I want some! I have no place to buy one. Guess I'll have to learn to make my own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Melissa, before you go through all that work, maybe see if a local supermarket carries Mrs. T's:

Mrs. T's Pierogies

They are Yum! Keeping with the topic of this thread, I'm so grateful for healthy additive-free frozen food so I can spend less time cooking and more time crafting :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

** Moved my computer screen about two feet to the right, so I could have my stamp pads closer, and now find myself leaning in against the table to better view the text on the screen. Looks like the stamp pads will have to back on the other side of the table.
Melissa59--

Have you thought of changing the display on your computer monitor to use a larger font? If it is a PC (not a Mac) I think you can do it through Control Panel=>Display. With luck, the first thing you see will resemble the thumbnail I have attached. You can change the size of the display to LARGER (or medium). It might be worth a try instead of having to move your monitor again.
Attached Thumbnails
Crafting grumpy/gratitude list-control-panel.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueheronView Post
Melissa59--
Have you thought of changing the display on your computer monitor to use a larger font? If it is a PC (not a Mac) I think you can do it through Control Panel=>Display. With luck, the first thing you see will resemble the thumbnail I have attached. You can change the size of the display to LARGER (or medium). It might be worth a try instead of having to move your monitor again.
Changing the font? Nope! It never even occurred to me. (Yes, I'm admitting publicly that I am a ditz!)

What a brilliant idea! One that won't require a new desk arrangement or a new set of glasses. Thank you! I'm off to give it a try now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,380 Likes on 514 Posts

I am from Pittsburgh, and pierogies are everywhere here! Homemade, too. When my brother moved to NH, he missed pierogies and found several places online that shipped trays of them. He would buy several trays and freeze them and enjoy them for months. So if you really want to try them, they can be sent to you! I LOVE homemade pierogies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2016, 06:17 PM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Poppy: Grateful for the link to the pierogies. 2 stores within 1 1/2 miles from my house carry them.

Melissa: My name in my signature line is Linda E - what did you think the "E" stood for???

Grateful that even though I didn't have a good night's sleep (as in none at all), that I did have a good day's sleep. Right now, I'm having to sleep when I can. But I will be eternally grateful when I can get my days and nights straight again.

Grateful that I have Petite Places: Nativity and Petite Places: Holiday Lane, so that hopefully I can get caught up or maybe even ahead on my Christmas card challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 01:14 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Bigger font wins! Yippee!!! I can see and I don't have to lean in or squint!

There are stores near me that are supposed to sell those. I don't recall ever seeing the brand before but I'm definitely going to look.

Linda, my mom and I were chatting on the phone today and we agreed that we should be able to go to bed at 6 p.m. or 6 a.m, however it suits us best, without people griping at us for staying up too late or waking up too late. After all, we don't have to answer to an employer. And who's to say that we are "late" maybe we are just really, really early!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 02:37 AM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Excellent thread idea Poppy!

Grumpy-the building project has started so I am cut off from my stuff and will be for sometime. They came and went this week and there are issues so they will be back again. Dont get me started on how DH has been...*less than helpful* throughout this.

Grateful-that they are doing this because now I can control the heat and not bake every winter; they took out asbestos which I never want to have around
-b/c of this I decided to paint the room I craft in and do a big re-org. I hope it works. I have to share with other functions so let's see how this goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 02:57 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

"we don't have to answer to an employer" - not true for me, so I'm a big grumpus about that. I'm out on disability leave right now. And Toby, the 4-legged master of the house, growls at me because I'm disturbing HIS sleep. If he keeps it up, I'm gonna find him a job and let him pay the bills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

My gratitude is I do not have any grumpies this morning

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

Grumpy: My order still has not arrived (it's been a couple of weeks DFAT, come on already!)

Grateful: At least DFAT allows me 1kg/wk/sender, because there are no stamping supplies to be had in this place otherwise!! Thank you SU! for offering Military Status, otherwise I'd go off the deep end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #27  

This is a great thread because it allows us to express our grumpy side and also express what it is we are grateful for.
I find myself in a creative fog lately as more cardstock goes into the garbage and less gets made into a card. I can't seem to get organized with my supplies and then I can't find what I'm looking for.
I am grateful that spring is here and the weather is nice. When I do have a creative moment I still can go to my craft area and try out my thoughts. I am also grateful for friends that will listen to me as I go through this fog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #28  
Crimping Master

I am grateful for all the stuff I have to play with. I need to organize it better, but I am fortunate I could collect it.

I don't have anything to be grumpy about. And I'm going to keep telling myself that for the rest of the month. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2016, 01:31 PM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

After thinking it over, Melissa 59, perhaps the middle name of each of my four granddaughters at age 5, 3, 2, and 4 months (2 different families) should be Scamp. HaHa. Thank you for making me laugh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #30  
Glitter Queen

I'm grateful to read that I am not the only one in the world who can't get organized, or can't find an item when needed. (I've been grumpy because I think someone broke into my house & stole my white card stock - been looking for it for at least 2 weeks).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan51View Post
I'm grateful to read that I am not the only one in the world who can't get organized, or can't find an item when needed. (I've been grumpy because I think someone broke into my house & stole my white card stock - been looking for it for at least 2 weeks).
That's some valuable stuff, right there. I keep mine under lock and key! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 05:32 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

ok I'll play too......

GRUMPY
No sleep. Eyes just would not shut and I snarl at my loved ones which make me grumpier.

My desk looks like a tornado (me) hit it and I just got it cleaned up (not that I am a neat freak but I got a Scan N Cut and had to make room}

Running out of room in my craft space. But on the edge of grateful I have an extra bedroom I could use if I could find some muscle to help clear it our.

GRATEFUL

That my friends health is on the mend and that I have such great, funny and sweet ones. Also found a great scrapbooking/card making group in my town.

I am still above ground (sleepy but alive).

I finally broke down and bought a MISTI (I was afraid it would be another "tool" that would just sit there and grow dust) and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 AM   #33  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan51View Post
An then the next time you sit down, it's right there. I think things just grow legs and go on a tour of your craft area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 10:29 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Grumpies
1. no time to craft
2.when I have time to craft I have no mojo

Gratitude
1.a wonderful craft space
2.an abundance of crafting goodies
3.going to my first ever Scrapfest on the 9th of April in Kitchener Ontario
4. my boss just confirmed the second part of my pay rise from my promotion (this will come in handy for #3 on this list):grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 12:12 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Maple Leaf Grumpy and Grateful

Grumpy because- I haven't felt well enough to spend time in my craftroom
Grateful because- Just had my last chemo treatment and all is well and I will start feeling better slowly but surely!
- I have a beautiful new craft room to craft in when I do start feeling better and the room is almost all organized!!
- I have forums like this to come to and visit friends!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 01:35 PM   #36  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by from the heartView Post
Grateful because- Just had my last chemo treatment and all is well and I will start feeling better slowly but surely!
- I have a beautiful new craft room to craft in when I do start feeling better and the room is almost all organized!!
Oh wow, my thoughts are with you! Blessings on your recovery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Grateful, grateful, grateful because fromtheheart posted this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by from the heartView Post

Grateful because I'm a survivor - soon to be 15 years - and you will be a survivor too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Changing the font? Nope! It never even occurred to me. (Yes, I'm admitting publicly that I am a ditz!)

What a brilliant idea! One that won't require a new desk arrangement or a new set of glasses. Thank you! I'm off to give it a try now!
If you're using a PC, try holding down the control key while pressing the plus-sign key (+) - you can do it as many times as you need to get the font big enough to read. To reverse, hold down the control key and press the minus sign (-). Voila!

Believe me, at 67, I use this trick a lot! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes