View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
poppydarling
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnruns60 View Post
I am fairly new to card making so maybe my style will change, but I find myself drawn to what I think is a more clasisic style of card making...I love to watch their videos and think their cards are pretty but I've realized they are not my style. Do you feel you have a style and what is it? Has it changed if you've been cardmaking for awhile?
My style has definitely changed, and for the better I might add but the styles I have always been drawn to have pretty much remained the same — clean and simple (CAS), modern, geometric, non-cute! But I do like whimsical (there is a difference, to me )

So I agree with you: if critters and cutesy sayings aren't your thing, the stamp companies of the moment are churning those out so that seems to be all that YouTube card makers are using. I have stopped watching certain favorite card makers for this reason.

I try to focus on techniques, which can be applied to nearly any style stamp or accessory in my stash. I like Gina K's cards very much, but I rarely mat my card fronts or tie ribbon on my cards, so I just leave those things off! Take the good, leave the rest...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!