Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did anyone order from Scrapbooking Made Simple for the Spellbinders warehouse sale?

I placed an order with this site on Dec 19th 2015 for the Spellbinders Warehouse Sale.. I understood when I ordered that it said the orders would ship out in 2016.. I was to wait for them to send me a paypal invoice before I paid.. I still haven't heard anything.. I have emailed them 3 times.. all 3 times I have received an answer back with the same thing telling me that as per their home page "they will ship when they ship".. that they are taking them in the order they were received.. at this point I am finding it very hard to believe that it has taken 3 months to fill these orders and they still haven't gotten to mine.. Has anyone else ordered from them during this sale? They also have a disclaimer that absolutely no orders can be canceled and what has me frustrated is I really need the dies I ordered and obviously don't want to buy them from somewhere else and end up with 2 of them eventually if I ever do hear from them.. I don't want to bad mouth this company and mean no harm but I am just interested to know if anyone else ordered and if they have heard anything yet.. There have been other spellbinder dies that I have seen on this website since then but I don't want to order from them since they can't seem to get me the ones I ordered in Dec.. It makes me wonder if someone did order a spellbinders die now would they get it before us that ordered 3 months ago?? That is just wrong.. I'm sorry for venting.. I am just frustrated.... Thanks for listening... :confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #2  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it could easily by 3-5 months before they ship it. They had a similar super sizzix warehouse sale in July. I ordered on day 2 of the sale. My items shipped in December I think (I was just trying to see if I could find the tracking number to tell you the exact date but I couldn't find it).

They will ship your items eventually (they are very principled, honest people) but they are still a pretty small shop (in terms of the number of employees they have to fulfill orders). They do prioritize the day-to-day orders before any of their super sale orders and then fit those super sale orders in as they can. It is frustrating to wait that long, and that is why they try to set expectations in the videos and on the web site.

Kerry

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimbraView Post
I placed an order with this site on Dec 19th 2015 for the Spellbinders Warehouse Sale.. I understood when I ordered that it said the orders would ship out in 2016.. I was to wait for them to send me a paypal invoice before I paid.. I still haven't heard anything.. I have emailed them 3 times.. all 3 times I have received an answer back with the same thing telling me that as per their home page "they will ship when they ship".. that they are taking them in the order they were received.. at this point I am finding it very hard to believe that it has taken 3 months to fill these orders and they still haven't gotten to mine.. Has anyone else ordered from them during this sale? They also have a disclaimer that absolutely no orders can be canceled and what has me frustrated is I really need the dies I ordered and obviously don't want to buy them from somewhere else and end up with 2 of them eventually if I ever do hear from them.. I don't want to bad mouth this company and mean no harm but I am just interested to know if anyone else ordered and if they have heard anything yet.. There have been other spellbinder dies that I have seen on this website since then but I don't want to order from them since they can't seem to get me the ones I ordered in Dec.. It makes me wonder if someone did order a spellbinders die now would they get it before us that ordered 3 months ago?? That is just wrong.. I'm sorry for venting.. I am just frustrated.... Thanks for listening... :confused:

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you happen to notice the other thread we've got going about a bunch of us who ordered directly from the Spellbinders website recently? I don't know if the company fulfills wholesale orders any differently than their retail orders but something is sadly amiss over there at Spellbinders. So perhaps that's contributing to the slowness.

But man, I would never, ever order from a company that cannot fulfill my order in less than a month! And won't allow a refund! I don't care how low the prices are, there are too many great online stores out there to put up with that. She makes good videos though…
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 03:20 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it could easily by 3-5 months before they ship it. They had a similar super sizzix warehouse sale in July. I ordered on day 2 of the sale. My items shipped in December I think (I was just trying to see if I could find the tracking number to tell you the exact date but I couldn't find it).

They will ship your items eventually (they are very principled, honest people) but they are still a pretty small shop (in terms of the number of employees they have to fulfill orders). They do prioritize the day-to-day orders before any of their super sale orders and then fit those super sale orders in as they can. It is frustrating to wait that long, and that is why they try to set expectations in the videos and on the web site.

Kerry

Wow... If my math in my head is correct that is almost 6 months... I am glad you told me that because at that point I am sure I would have been pretty angry and have been convinced they duped me and I wasn't getting them.. I probably would have gone out and bought them somewhere else and then ended up with 2 of everything... which in turn would have really p'd me off... They need to warn people that it could be up to that long.. When I email them I get this answer of "they ship when the ship" and telling me over again and again to read their homepage which by the way I did before I ordered and it does say those things but it does not give the impression it is going to be months and months... Certainly they need to be more honest and forthcoming so people know what they are getting in to and the expectations they need to have with these sales.. I feel it is a little condesending they way they keep saying it.. Oh well.. it is what it is and I guess I wait.. lesson learned.. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 03:25 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
Did you happen to notice the other thread we've got going about a bunch of us who ordered directly from the Spellbinders website recently? I don't know if the company fulfills wholesale orders any differently than their retail orders but something is sadly amiss over there at Spellbinders. So perhaps that's contributing to the slowness.

But man, I would never, ever order from a company that cannot fulfill my order in less than a month! And won't allow a refund! I don't care how low the prices are, there are too many great online stores out there to put up with that. She makes good videos though�

Yes I read that thread after I posted mine.. I did wonder if that had anything to do with the delay but after reading the post about the sizzix sale I guess not.. Sounds like this place just takes 6 months to fill orders from these big sales. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around that it has to take that long. Just doesn't seem right... Lesson learned... I do like her videos for the knowledge but they are a little long for my taste..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 07:20 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I have not bought from them. I'm wondering why they say you can't cancel your order, especially when you have not paid for it? That's just not reasonable business.
What if they notify you that it's in stock, then you choose not to pay them?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I think I would try to call them. It took about a month for my order to come when I ordered in February on their clearance sale. I will say then last week I received an email from them saying there was a change to my order (the one I had received) and it showed the charges and refund for the one die that ended up being out of stock. It gave a tracking number as it was saying the order just shipped. When I tried the tracking number (just checking to see if I was getting a duplicate order) I found it to be the order that was already delivered. I am assuming that was a computer glitch. So I think I would call and talk to a person about an order from Dec. Hope you can get some resolution. I understand your frustration in not wanting to order another set of dies and end up with duplicates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #8  
SCS RAK Coordinator

I would say in general their shipping is slower than other places (like a month), but whenever they have a big warehouse sale (and they do have a specific list of those sales and other important policy details on their Shipping & Return page), then those orders are unbelievably slow to ship. It is definitely not a place to order from if you need the items in short amount of time. They do have some fantastic sales, but as someone else pointed out, you have to weigh whether the sale prices are worth the wait.

Some of the other questions people have asked above, specifically about why you can't cancel certain orders, are addressed in the video on the main page of the website at around the 7 minute mark.

I have been very happy with my products from them, once I finally received them, but man, oh man, it is hard to wait sometimes.

Bottom line: please check out all their policies very carefully before you order from them.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #9  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post

But man, I would never, ever order from a company that cannot fulfill my order in less than a month! And won't allow a refund! I don't care how low the prices are, there are too many great online stores out there to put up with that. She makes good videos though�
Yes, I have been following that other thread on spellbinders. I suppose there could be some additional slowness with the spellbinders super sale due to the issue with the spellbinders web site. It just depends on whether the technical issues impacted only the spellbinders retail website or the entire IT infrastructure at spellbinders. I didn't order anything from SMS during their spellbinders warehouse sale so I haven't been following/trying to get info on that one as much as I did with the sizzix super sale.

Just to clarify - you can cancel/get refunds on "normal" orders. It's only the special sales where they don't allow canceling/refunds. I would suggest watching the video for Stacey's full explanation. But you're right: you can (and many people will) opt to shop elsewhere because of that policy.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

If they do what Blitsy does, which is take orders for items and then turn around and order them from the manufacturer I can see why it takes months, esp with Spellbinders. Spellbinders is a very poorly run company and I imagine the place you ordered from is running up against the same delays and attitude the rest of us are dealing with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a ridiculous experience with them a couple of years ago. Six or seven months after I placed the order parts of it were still dribbling in to me. They did eventually complete the order. When I complained I got a nasty response. I only ordered from them once. That operation is a joke!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisa MayView Post
I had a ridiculous experience with them a couple of years ago. Six or seven months after I placed the order parts of it were still dribbling in to me. They did eventually complete the order. When I complained I got a nasty response. I only ordered from them once. That operation is a joke!
Whoa. If the only way they can manage to offer those prices is to deliver in six months, maybe they should try to figure out a different way to get customers what they want, instead of chastising them for wanting it sooner! Ain't nobody going to wait that long for stuff in these Amazon Prime times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 01:18 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

The first 30 seconds of one of their videos made me want to gag, so no way can I imagine sitting through one for an hour...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

LOL! Holy Moly, I could hear her say that clear as day!

Sweet lady, she makes me crazy, tho. I would cancel as NO ONE expects to wait over two months, going on THREE for their stuff. NO ONE!

And then to be 'handled' so rudely by customer service. crazy way to DO business, crazy way to STAY in business. Don't know how they can do that. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I was shopping with my cousin, Gina, at a Hobby Lobby one afternoon. Gina is not a card maker, but she knows exactly what I like. So sometimes we're yelling back and forth across the aisles. A complete stranger hears us, starts talking to me, and telling me that if I really need something I can't find locally, I need to check out... you guessed it, "Scrapbooking Made Simple." Only I haven't yet made the connection. So I asked if she had been to this shop. Oh, no, it's in California. (And we were in Charlotte, NC at the time.) Gina has now joined us and our conversation. Evidently I can't think and talk at the same time. So when my cohort in crime starts asking questions, my brain goes into overdrive.

Could this lady possibly mean... no, it couldn't be...

There was no way I could explain to Gina why I had to walk away.
I had to show her later. And yes, her gag reflex is identical to mine...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Could this lady possibly mean... no, it couldn't be...

There was no way I could explain to Gina why I had to walk away.
I had to show her later. And yes, her gag reflex is identical to mine...
I have to say, when she starts to giggle-cackle, it's a toss up as to whether or not I can continue to watch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Would someone please post a link to the video you all are talking about? I looked thru each post above but I didnt see it. Sorry if I kissed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Would someone please post a link to the video you all are talking about? I looked thru each post above but I didnt see it. Sorry if I kissed it.
Amber, do we have to?

There's no video in this thread and I'm not gonna be the person to link one. Just go to YouTube, search for Scrapbooking Made Simple, select a video and just listen for about 2 minutes...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 11:26 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

I had to, Linda ::ducking:: For Amber, so she's not tortured anymore (but we are). I do love her enthusiasm, though.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2016, 02:23 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2016, 07:09 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

I always order from Stacey at SMS during the Sizzix sale, but I make sure it's not for an immediate project. They get thousands of orders on the first couple of days on those super sales. There's only so many employees that work there in the store and the small warehouse above it. Depending on what you order, the order from the manufacturer may not be there yet. The only time I did get something shipped direct from the manufacturer was my Big Shot plus, because it was cheaper for them to ship it that way.

But yes, I would order during the second week in July on their Shop that didn't hop event and get my order in late October into November. (with the freebies promised too) And I'm OK with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Something about her voice (and laughter!) just drives me nuts - I don't know why. So I mute her videos. It works perfectly. I place the video track forward and miss all her news and sales pitch and laughter - and watch what ever she is doing with the card and how she does the project - all muted. Works for me.

I ordered from SMS once and found out once I ordered that it would ship 'whenever'. My bad; I should have read the fine print first. That was my last order. Great prices, but by the time I got the stuff I had already forgotten the order I had placed there cause it was MONTHS AGO. I order stuff every month, and I track what I own so I don't duplicate stuff and am trying to find things that will match/maximize the crap I already own, and I'm watching various sales ... and frankly that takes up all the grey cells I have to devote to this aspect of my hobby. I can't wait months for stuff because I will simply forget and buy it again before they ship my order. And it sucks that once you order it - and find it for the same great price somewhere else 2 months later and those folks will ship in 3 days - you can't go back and cancel the order with her.

So I don't order cause I know myself. I am not capable of managing this type of issue well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2016, 07:11 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

You all are such funny ladies....I love the cute little emojis.
I am now obligated to watch the video...well some of it...

Thanks for the laughs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

This particular video isn't that bad.

I've seen some that literally made my teeth hurt and I had to turn off the sound to my computer. I don't know why because her voice is at a normal pitch and sounds nice...:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

This is just twilight zone time. I am sure I posted here but it isnt here now. Wow.

Here's my thing about this place-
She has this CS vid and the one I was referencing Amber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=QfoVViE9vcs

She very clearly states it could be 5 months before she ships two different times. The first part is they have to tally the sales, send the order to the mfg, get it in, inventory it, and then start picking to ship. That's one month. Then she says if she gets 4000 orders on day one, that's a month to fill..etc etc. Plus why you cant do returns. It is the most open, honest statement from a seller I have ever seen. Maybe TMI to my retailer ears.

They do separate sale and non-sale...so a regular order, they now ship in a month (too long imo) and hope to better.

I think before you can hit "place order" you should HAVE to see the vid and click you get it.

I would skip the online but go to the store and whatever I could get, great.

Janet- I totally get what you are saying-I have a print out folder of orders-would that help you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
She very clearly states it could be 5 months before she ships two different times. The first part is they have to tally the sales, send the order to the mfg, get it in, inventory it, and then start picking to ship. That's one month. Then she says if she gets 4000 orders on day one, that's a month to fill..etc etc. Plus why you cant do returns. It is the most open, honest statement from a seller I have ever seen.
That is an excellent video � doesn't make it excellent retail practice though, you know?! Almost 20 minutes explaining why she's going to have to disappoint you, seriously disappoint you, to provide a deep discount. I'm not sure why Sizzix partners with her for this warehouse sale under those terms. Maybe because they are both in Southern California and have a personal relationship?

For their brand, I would think it would be better to have the warehouse sale on their website and publicize it widely. Surely they have better fulfillment terms than she does, and then disappointment and their brand wouldn't be linked I assume they need to get rid of those items quickly, and I would think finding the most efficient way to do that would make the best business sense. Still weird, still a mystery though I'd love to get a steel rule die for a buck :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #27  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Oh no...yeah, the idea of taking that long to ship makes me totally cringe Poppy! I agree with you! I go to warehouse sales here in person-the absolute insanity of crowds swirming and elbowing and carrying on. But that's a choice too-some people cant stand that.

I dont know why she does it. It clearly overwhelms them and does not build good will for them. If someone gets burned on the big sale-are they coming back to shop her own line? Apparently they are happy with it so whadda I know?

Actually a good thing for me...at a buck each...I would definitely go overboard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #28  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

The first 30 seconds of one of their videos made me want to gag, so no way can I imagine sitting through one for an hour...
I've never ordered from their store, but I do subscribe to the Youtube channel, and have learned a lot, from basic "this is how you use this product" to "here's a great technique"

She's really seems to know her stuff, and obviously I wouldn't keep watching if I didn't enjoy and learn from the videos, but OMG, she talks SO MUCH!! I'm sure the videos could be cut down from 1+ hour if she could get right to the point and less giggling and chit-chat. I like a personal touch, but I don't really need to know that today she feels loopy from Vicodin, because there was a minor fender bender, yada yada yada.

But like someone else said, I really do think they are good people, and she is very up front on the sales and their timetable. You just have to know going in that you'll get it when you get it, and decide if that is worth whatever savings you get on the product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2016, 03:08 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnterriView Post
I've never ordered from their store, but I do subscribe to the Youtube channel, and have learned a lot, from basic "this is how you use this product" to "here's a great technique"

She's really seems to know her stuff, and obviously I wouldn't keep watching if I didn't enjoy and learn from the videos, but OMG, she talks SO MUCH!! I'm sure the videos could be cut down from 1+ hour if she could get right to the point and less giggling and chit-chat. I like a personal touch, but I don't really need to know that today she feels loopy from Vicodin, because there was a minor fender bender, yada yada yada.

But like someone else said, I really do think they are good people, and she is very up front on the sales and their timetable. You just have to know going in that you'll get it when you get it, and decide if that is worth whatever savings you get on the product.
I agree with your comments. I've never purchased from them, so I can't comment on their service. However, in spite of wanting to fast forward at times through her videos, it's nice and comical to see someone who enjoys this craft so much, and is really invested in sharing it with others. When I was thinking of buying my Big Shot Plus, her comparison video was quite helpful.

As a private person who doesn't do Facebook, Tweet, or blog, (with limited computer skills), I really appreciate those who do and share their videos and tutorials for those of us as a wonderful source of information. I've learned so much from others willing and able to share their knowledge...... Thanks to them and classes I've taken, I love so many aspects of card making to express myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #30  
Embossing Fanatic

I ordered once. It was a Sizzix warehouse sale and it took 7 months to get my complete order.

There are so many "mom" shops out there that give better service so I give them my $.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
As a private person who doesn't do Facebook, Tweet, or blog,
You're really missing out. There are many amazing stamping and paper arts groups on Facebook now. All the big companies and most of the small ones also have groups there too. It can be a lot of fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Default Still waiting.....

I placed an order in July 2016, today is May 27, 2017 and I haven't received it YET! I've called several times and told the same thing each time, "It ships when it ships". Maybe each time I call I'm placed back to the bottom of the list. I love her dies but it just takes too long to ship.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #33  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up Scrapbooking Made Simple orders

The Youtube tutorials are informative, entertaining, and explain what the manufacturer doesn't. I am so glad to have this resource.

ORDERING PRO: I have ordered from this store many times over the last 4+ years. They are in California, I am in Florida. I have always received what I ordered in perfect condition and paid a good price for the products. I LOVE the craft mat they offer. It looks like the Sizzix sheet, but does not slide because of the silicone on the back. SMS has begun to offer their own lines of dies, stamps, adhesive tapes, foam sheets, etc. The price point on these is terrific and the quality is equal or better than some other private labeled store brands. The dies are often unique designs. And yes, I would recommend purchasing from them and I will certainly do so again.

ORDERING CON: DELAYS! :( When you order from SMS, you must be aware that you may wait months for your shipment. Period. They fully explain the shipping issues on their site and have videos that explain the delays. This is not an issue for me. I am not buying from them for a project next month.

- YouTube Yummies weekly sales are shipped faster than the specialty sales. I have and will continue to order from these. I cause part of my own delay on my orders because I do NOT pay directly at time of purchase! I always request 'pay later' option. It takes about 1-3 weeks for me to receive an invoice. I pay with PAYPAL then its about another 3-4 weeks or so and my product arrives. Its always a happy day when one of the packages arrives. Like a little surprise on my doorstep

- Special Events (like Sizzix warehouse sale). After the first 'Shop that didn't hop' sale years ago that took so long to arrive, I decided NOT to order during the events. These can take 5-7 months to arrive.That's just a bit to long for me. Note if you 'pay later' on these events, your money stays in your pocket until you are invoiced! The invoice will happen only when the order is actually processed, which may take months. This past year the sizzix warehouse sale didn't begin to ship for much longer than years past. The product was delayed from the manufacturer, then the shear number of orders takes so long to pull and fill. They are a small shop, with limited staff. If you don't like this timeline, just don't order. There are other options that are faster.

Last edited by samrcat; 05-27-2017 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: typo correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

She is very sweet, maybe a little nutz like the rest of us. If this is her business model and it works for her, then she has found her niche.

I don't usually have a project in mind when I order anything, mostly I order because i like it.

BUT, that being said, I would not be in that waiting game line for anything! ONE YEAR?? Nope, I'd cancel in a heartbeat. I can use other dies, etc to get a similar look to what is on 'sale', right? So that is what I would do and leave the frustration WAY in the past.

There is simply too much out there, too many people like you and all of us that would LOVE to have customers like us....WAY too many!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A more recent thread about this particular store can be found here:

scrapbooking made simple super delayed orders by Dr Linda at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #36  
Glitter Queen

Default Scrapbooking Made Simple shipping

i placed an order for Halloween dies on Sept 4th. Waited two weeks and contacted them because I didn�t get a shipping conformation (most companies send one in days). They said it would be 3 weeks before they could tell me anything. I waited 3 weeks and contacted them, they said it would be at least another 3 weeks, that they were still working on getting June and July orders out.

I heard they had 17 workers. The coulddesignate 4 to fulfilling orders.

I worked for an industrial supply company that received in and shipped out hundreds of orders per day. Our orders went out the same day. Rarely did any order not go out same day. Only if it was a non stock order and we always gave a lead time.

4 people received in, 4 people pulled, packed and shipped orders and shipping and receiving both put up stock. And that is how the company is still in business after 70 years.

As far as scrapbooking Made Simple, I hope I get my order in time to make something for Halloween 2018.

I am sure they are good people, they just have organizational skill problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #37  
Cardstock Collector

I ordered from them using a credit card, which they promptly charged, waited 3 months and received my order after 3 calls and waiting.; I finally started posting my irritation on their Facebook page and sent them an email threatening to report them to the BBB.
I will never order from her again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2018, 04:09 AM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

Default Ordering through Scrapbooking Made Simple

I didn't order during that time, because I don't have a Speklbinders machine. I heard those only worked on those machines.

But I had made an order for 2 Stamping Bella stamp sets. It was over 3 months, and I didn't hear from them. So I had called them, they said not in yet, and the same what you said, "it ships when it ships." A month and a half more (4 1/2 months total) and they said my order was ready for pick up. Had a friend pick up for me and it turned out, the second item wasn't there. They said that hadn't come in yet. Another month comes around and no stamp. When I contacted them again, they said, "oh that was discontinued." Bull!!! I went to the stamping bella website, and they still had it. Two months after that I finally ordered it at stamping bella.com.

No order should take months to come. They are just trying to take your money! I would not order at Scrapbooking Made Simple ever again. I might go to their little store avoiding Saturdays--sale or not. I just feel so boxed in with nowhere to go on Saturdays, I don't go there on that day anymore. With their make and take, it gets too crowded, and I can't look in some areas I want to look at, because there's nowhere to walk!!! I. Fact, they block the very area I want to look in, the Lawn Fawn area!

I wish THAT online order service could be mystery shopped!!!! Ordering from the original company, Stamping Bella was a lot better. You get your order from the original company within 3-5 days, most of the time. Lawn Fawn, Ellen Hutson, My Favorite Things, Mama Elephant, etc comes within 3-5 days! Simon says stamps takes longer tbough, but more like 5-8 days, not months. It takes 3-5 days for Simon Says Stamp to process your order. But Scrapbooking Made Simple? Make an order, then its forgotten!

Don't order anything from Scrapbooking Made Simple. They are just trying to take your money in hopes you forget you even ordered from them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2018, 04:22 AM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I have not bought from them. I'm wondering why they say you can't cancel your order, especially when you have not paid for it? That's just not reasonable business.
What if they notify you that it's in stock, then you choose not to pay them?!

If you order from them, you have to pay when you order, not when the items comes in. So they already have the payment. And they take it out of your account before they even get the item! Its not pay when it ships. And no refunds, either, makes you not get your money back if they can't get it. Use pre-caution at this place. Buy at the store, if you want, but don't order from them. Of course the no refunds take place when you buy at the store, but at least you would have the item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2018, 04:49 AM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midori669View Post
If you order from them, you have to pay when you order, not when the items comes in. So they already have the payment. And they take it out of your account before they even get the item! Its not pay when it ships. And no refunds, either, makes you not get your money back if they can't get it.
Wow, that's insane!! I order from very few places online. Thanks for the heads up everyone in the thread.

I wonder what the legality is of them running the business this way? The law allows quite a bit of leeway (they must know that as apparently they are making it clear about their shipping) but there must be something that backs up the consumer when it's been like 6+ months?
Here's some info from the FTC if it's any help: Billed for Merchandise You Never Received | Consumer Information

I looked up the site and now I remember reading it before about shipping and how freaking crazy it was. And then looking up the FTC site I linked. LOL

I would never order from such a crazy place.
Reply With Quote Likes