Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2015, 06:47 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apology

To everyone on SCS, especially all those who welcomed me and wrote such kind comments on my first card uploads:

I uploaded a 4th card using the CAS challenge of using a critter and making a holiday card. I was two days late, which I know is okay. On that Monday, I was too exhausted after grocery shopping, and it took me two days to finish the card. Normally it would not have taken that long. Then, only two people commented.

I deleted my gallery. All those nice comments are gone. That's why I apologize. But posting cards is just not for me. Commenting on other people's cards is best for now. Given my past history, since childhood, of verbal abuse, not feeling loved or accepted for who I am, etc., emotions were triggered. I won't go into it. I have been having a difficult year, for many reasons. Not looking for sympathy, just explaining. I have several health issues. Making cards for the challenges, or if I just posted any card, was just too revealing for me. I hope you understand, at least a little. I get lonely, and wanted to be part of this wonderful group. I know that I still can be.

So again, thanks to all you kind people of SCS. I will be looking at your cards and keep being inspired and awed by them.

Marti
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

No need to apologize. Each of us are a part of the SCS community in different ways. Some comment, some share, some just read the forum, some come just to look at beautiful cards... What is important for you to know is that you are accepted here. Noticed that you are from Iowa. Me too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Marti, I agree with MariLynn - no apology needed. SCS is a great resource, however you choose to use it. I'm sure many folks never post cards, or even comment in threads. They just like to read and look through the gallery.

Glad to have you here, and Happy Holidays!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Marti, huge, huge hugs to you. We want you to feel welcome and safe here, at whatever level you involve yourself. Your post made me cry... the art we make is so personal, a piece of us, and it can be frightening to put your heart out there for the world. Thank you for reaching out in kindness as you comment, and for sharing what you have here.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #5  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Oh Marti - we love you! Use the site in any way that makes you happy.

I totally do understand - and I'm so happy you are here.

And I really extra appreciated you today when you helped me with my goof up

Big hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
Marti, huge, huge hugs to you. We want you to feel welcome and safe here, at whatever level you involve yourself. Your post made me cry... the art we make is so personal, a piece of us, and it can be frightening to put your heart out there for the world. Thank you for reaching out in kindness as you comment, and for sharing what you have here.
Dini, What you wrote touched my heart. Thank you so very, very much! Marti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Oh Marti - we love you! Use the site in any way that makes you happy.

I totally do understand - and I'm so happy you are here.

And I really extra appreciated you today when you helped me with my goof up

Big hugs.
Lydia, I appreciate you so much! Thank you for your kind and loving reply. I am happy that I am here , too. Marti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Marti, I can so understand your fragility and I hope you stay with SCS snd just do what makes you happy here. Art is very personal and you have every right to control who sees what you do.
Hugs from Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkesView Post
Hi Marti, I can so understand your fragility and I hope you stay with SCS snd just do what makes you happy here. Art is very personal and you have every right to control who sees what you do.
Hugs from Stephanie
Thanks so much, Stephanie! I appreciate your comments very much. Hugs to you too, Marti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Marti, your wellbeing is far more important than uploading cards!! One of the lovliest Splitcoasties you will ever 'meet' joins in Favs of the Week and commenting on cards and she doesn't have a gallery. Please don't feel loney, we are all a click of the mouse away. Big squishy hugs to you Marti. xxx

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Morning, Marti! Thank you for visiting my gallery today and leaving an inspired comment. I was pleased to see you there as I had read this thread and was pondering a response for a few days. I agree with the wonderful insight expressed by the previous posters. And hope my thoughts add a tiny bit to the thread.

I even clicked on your gallery in case you had reposted your creations! Hope you will consider doing that when you feel the time is right.

Looking back to when I first became a member here, it was 10 months before I posted anything to my gallery. I was overwhelmed at the enormity of this community. Slowly, though, my gallery grew, I 'met' people, those people became acquaintances, many I have met in person, some very special ones are sistahs in the ether, and a few, actually heart friends in real life. It was a journey that stopped and started over time, many times. I would even disappear into my life with no time for crafting art, but when I came back to my SCS home, there would be this incredible community waiting to welcome me back!

Funny, don't you think, how this mirrors real life? The ebb and flow through messes, victories, and joys. I hope you'll continue to gather Friends here on the site that support and inspire your {BE}ing. I know I will look forward to discovering who you are, as a person, and an artist!

I am Susan, One4Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by One4JoyView Post
Morning, Marti! Thank you for visiting my gallery today and leaving an inspired comment. I was pleased to see you there as I had read this thread and was pondering a response for a few days. I agree with the wonderful insight expressed by the previous posters. And hope my thoughts add a tiny bit to the thread.

I even clicked on your gallery in case you had reposted your creations! Hope you will consider doing that when you feel the time is right.

Looking back to when I first became a member here, it was 10 months before I posted anything to my gallery. I was overwhelmed at the enormity of this community. Slowly, though, my gallery grew, I 'met' people, those people became acquaintances, many I have met in person, some very special ones are sistahs in the ether, and a few, actually heart friends in real life. It was a journey that stopped and started over time, many times. I would even disappear into my life with no time for crafting art, but when I came back to my SCS home, there would be this incredible community waiting to welcome me back!

Funny, don't you think, how this mirrors real life? The ebb and flow through messes, victories, and joys. I hope you'll continue to gather Friends here on the site that support and inspire your {BE}ing. I know I will look forward to discovering who you are, as a person, and an artist!

I am Susan, One4Joy
Susan, Thank you so much for writing and for telling me some of your story. I have been a member for six years, but only looked for inspiration. I really felt I didn't know what I was doing until about 2011. It took a while to amass some supplies, and to gain practice and some confidence. Since I have a pain condition, card making increases the pain and I am unable to do it for long or even days/weeks at a time. I never thought to comment on a card; figured I was too new at it to say anything useful. I am really getting confidence in that regard. As far as posting again, that may happen someday.
Are you on Facebook? That's one way I keep in touch/meet people, since it is difficult for me to get out.
If you would want to be friends there, I would just need your last name. I know you may want to keep that private, and
I can accept that.
Thanks again! Marti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by One4JoyView Post
It was a journey that stopped and started over time, many times. I would even disappear into my life with no time for crafting art, but when I came back to my SCS home, there would be this incredible community waiting to welcome me back!
Been there, done that.
Sometimes, we just need a break. We need a break from crafting, from posting, from life. It is nice that we have such warm, cozy community to return to when we are ready.

Marti, I can completely relate to not being comfortable posting in the gallery but for different reasons. It does not bother me when there are no comments. Instead, what makes me uncomfortable is nice comments on a project that I know is substandard. It has something to do with the way my brain is wired and I have no idea how to fix it. One of my crafting goals for 2016 is not just to take part in more challenges, but to actually upload pictures of my challenge projects. We'll see how long that lasts. :rolleyes:

BTW, this is a great place to come when you feel lonely. Some of us are shy and find it difficult to make friends in "real" life, some of us find the responsibilities of in-person friendships to be exhausting, and there are some of us who are housebound by illness or responsibility and have trouble getting out to meet people, especially those with similar interests. SCS is a safe place to visit in your pajamas, with no makeup with your hair a tangled mess, and in your own time whether it be at the crack of dawn or middle of the night.
Reply With Quote Likes