View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 06:52 AM   #6
Iluvcards
Stampin' Fool

BCRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legojenta View Post
I took the plunge yesterday, and ordered a MISTI. I am soooo excited to get it! It will take some time, me being international and all, but I can wait (I think!)
I was just looking at some of my old cardmaking videos, and seeing them again, it is obvious why I need the MISTI: I am a stickler for correct, straight, perfect placement of stamps on my cards!

I was thinking that you can probably use the MISTI for getting cardfronts, cutout pieces, diecut pieces etc., glued in the exactly right spot on a card too. My thought is that if you add some shims on top of the foam mat on the MISTI, add your card on top (as if you are going to stamp it), lay down your diecut piece in the right spot on the card, then add a bit off removable tape to the front of the piece. Then, you would close the MISTI lid, and thereby attaching the diecut to the lid, add adhesive to the back off the piece, and close the lid again. Press down, open lid and carefully remove the card from the lid by breaking the seal of the removable tape between the MISTI lid and the diecut.

Now, with that long explanation, I'd be impressed to hear if anyone understood the whole thing =)
My question in regards to this is, would I need the Novus cleaner to get off any removable tape residue from the lid, or would plain water work? I am still debating purchasing the novus or not, perhaps I would be fine with only water to clean the MISTI...?
I understood perfectly... I ordered my MISTI on Black Friday and can't wait to get it.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!