Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello From South Texas

I accidently started stamping! Several years ago an online friend sent me a Christmas card. I had NO idea one could even do such things! I was totally amazed and asked her how she done it, how did she know what to do, and so many more questions. I knew there were rubber stamps, but I only thought they were for grading papers, or used by offices. I had NO idea what you COULD do with them. I was soooo innocent back then!
Couple months later, I got a package in the mail for Valentines day, inside was a package of blank cards & envelopes, 3 stamps of things that same friend knew I liked, and a few colors of ink. On top of the packaging it said..........
This will JUST get you started............ she forgot to tell me....it NEVER ends! I went from a tiny shoe box to two rooms filled with stamping supplies and STILL buying. Hubby thinks I need to sell some of it, but my answer is always.............. either, " I might need it someday!" or if he wants to bring money into it, I remind him that I never took out a loan for MY TOYS. He has motorcycles............. hmmmm, that could buy a lot of stamps if he sold them!

Just joined this group last night. Hoping to learn a few things!
A little about me: Married, 2 grown kids, 4 grand children, one poodle, Laci Marie, my baby now.
Nice to "meet" you!
Lisa Kaye
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Lisa Kaye and welcome from New Zealand! It is amazing what comes from such innocent beginnings! I have been stamping for ten years and I am still buying stamps and ink pads. My mantra is 'you can't have too many butterflies'!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Thank you.
I have been stamping since 2003 and yep, still buying stamps. currently also on a die spree! she was right................... It was just the beginning! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkesView Post
Hi Lisa Kaye and welcome from New Zealand! It is amazing what comes from such innocent beginnings! I have been stamping for ten years and I am still buying stamps and ink pads. My mantra is 'you can't have too many butterflies'!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #4  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Lisa-Kaye! Welcome!! ROFL about the motorcycle!!!

It's sooo much fun and you will love it here - ask questions - everyone is awesome.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2015, 03:20 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome! You will love it here! I have learned so much from all the wonderful people and inspiration found here! My hubby has a Harley, and lots of expensive hobbies (golf, hunting, etc) so your story is very much like mine! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Oh, Lisa Kaye, I'm so glad you've introduced yourself here. And what a fun story about how you got into stamping. Yes, I too never dreamed I would have a ROOM full of stamping supplies and everything I need (sometimes people ask whether they could "shop" here!). I have so enjoyed seeing your work in your gallery and know that you will find lots of inspiration and encouragement here. I do hope you might join a challenge. That would be fun! Hope to see you 'round again soon! Hugs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2015, 04:01 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Lisa-Kaye. I'm a newbie too but I wanted to say hi because I'm originally from South Texas (Corpus Christi) so your title jumped out at me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Default Corpus Christi

we would have almost been neighbors! I am in Rockport!
happy stamping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVA_TXNView Post
Hi Lisa-Kaye. I'm a newbie too but I wanted to say hi because I'm originally from South Texas (Corpus Christi) so your title jumped out at me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Default thanks Cheryl

Thank you Cheryl. I am back in Texas and going to have to hit my cards hard to get done before Christmas! I wound up bringing a friend from Ky back to Texas with me. she spent a week with us and left yesterday, so back to the craft room for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylQuiltsView Post
Oh, Lisa Kaye, I'm so glad you've introduced yourself here. And what a fun story about how you got into stamping. Yes, I too never dreamed I would have a ROOM full of stamping supplies and everything I need (sometimes people ask whether they could "shop" here!). I have so enjoyed seeing your work in your gallery and know that you will find lots of inspiration and encouragement here. I do hope you might join a challenge. That would be fun! Hope to see you 'round again soon! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2015, 05:02 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Oh, Lisa, it must have been fun to bring a friend back with your from Kentucky. Glad you had some girl time - and glad you are home safely. Now go back and stamp, girl, and enjoy! Haha! Hugs!

Reply With Quote Likes