Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default Master Challenge Thread

Please copy and paste this and edit for your challenge - this is the official challenge format!

Challenge Title: Whatever the Weather
Hostess: UnderstandBlue (Lydia)
Keyword: HYCCT1501A
Date: October 1st, 2015

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To! We are thrilled you are here with us, and we have some amazingly creative challenges for you for the month - from some alumni of this challenge and some great new hosts as well. Every year I'm in awe of their creativity - if you could just give them a round of virtual applause right now, I'd appreciate it!

Remember that the most important part of this challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

So let's get started, shall we?

My first challenge this year has endurance in its heart. Every year I'm amazed by strong men and women who just face this disease with dignity and strength - doing the best with the hand they are dealt. So I used this "stiff upper lip" poem as my starting point.

Whether the weather be fine
Or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not. ~Anonymous British poet

Every year, we turn something we dislike (cancer) into something beautiful - thousands of stunning cards that become blessings for countless people who are weathering the weather. Since I live in a place with almost NO weather - I find myself grumbling when it's cloudy or rainy, which is infrequent.

So my challenge to you is to make a card representing your LEAST favorite weather condition.

For me, that is without a doubt rain. (Followed closely by snow, which is really just cold rain). I don't like water much at all - not the ocean, not rain, not snow, not plumbing problems.

But I find it lovely on paper, and it allows me to make the best of it.

I did a Periscope tease of this challenge in September, and I let the audience decide which of these two would be my challenge sample - they chose the crisper one. I'm including both because I wanted you to see the process and how different the two things I did end up. I did a quick video on them for you as well.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vYE0ZhqlOKY?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

I cannot wait to see what you do - you all amaze me.

Bless you for being a part of this. We appreciate you.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT15Understandblue 020 copy.jpg (39.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15Understandblue 017 copy.jpg (32.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0350.jpg (41.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 1501A-sunny-cactus-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (56.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501A_-_Showers_of_Blessings_-_Softangelkisses_by_Softangelkisses.jpg (127.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg phpd4oXa7AM_by_ohmypaper_.jpg (41.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501A_by_LuvLee.jpg (186.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501Amjo_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (122.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg weather_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (103.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTLydia1_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (68.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501A_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (33.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15UnderstandblueA_annsforte3_Bendi_Forest_by_annsforte3.jpg (91.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 10_1_15_HYCCT1501A_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (67.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg dac37836-8219-4917-98bc-d6a8f0b065fd_zps3ulhblem_by_SkyNacho.jpg (144.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8316_1_by_rgrohall.jpg (44.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501A.jpg (138.6 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2015 at 03:53 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts
BCRibbon Lend a Hand

Challenge Title: Lend a Hand
Hostess: dini (Dina K)
Keyword: HYCCT1501B

Welcome to the 6th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive -- we are sooooo thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for supporting this amazing event. This is my favorite time of year.

When you're faced with an unexpected crisis, the world comes to a grinding halt. Many times, it's hard to concentrate on the simplest everyday needs, routines, and essentials. You need help - someone to listen, to bring a meal, run errands, pick up your kids, or shop for the basics. You need
someone to lend a hand!

Hands are the inspiration for my challenge today! There are a few options for participating. Choose one of these to play along:

1. Use your fingers to apply a coloring medium on your card (try fingerpainting, use a fingerprint to start an image, etc.)

2. Trace your hand on a card and color creatively in or around it.

3. Use an image with a hand visibly displayed in it.

View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Choose Events & Special Collections >> Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Galleries >> Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Gallery - 2015 when you upload. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

2. You may not use multiple challenge keywords, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.

5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my amazing sample makers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT vampire 008 copy.jpg (35.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0452.jpg (46.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15DiniA_annsforte3_Hand_written_note_by_annsforte3.jpg (120.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501B_by_LuvLee.jpg (32.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15_1501B_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (91.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Many_Thanks_by_mamaxsix.jpg (31.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 10_1_15_HYCCT1501B_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (42.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg hands_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (66.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501Bmjo_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (73.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTDina1_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (76.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8377_by_rgrohall.jpg (26.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501B-LoriCraig.jpg (154.8 KB, 22 views)
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2015 at 03:53 AM..
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Split the Difference

Challenge Title: Split the Difference
Hostess: Stamp_Momma (Lori)
Keyword: HYCCT1501C

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To! We are thrilled you are here with us, and we have some amazingly creative challenges for you for the month - from some alumni of this challenge and some great new hosts as well. Every year I'm in awe of their creativity - if you could just give them a round of virtual applause right now, I'd appreciate it!

Remember that the most important part of this challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

So let's get the party started!!
My first challenge this year is aimed at strength and hope when facing extreme hardship. As I type this up, it is 9/11, and I've been touched again in the last few days by so many stories of people who have found snippets of encouragement, restored relationships, joy and hope in the face of incomprehensible fear and heartache.

Strong people divide hardship and multiply hope.

That's what each of us who shares a card with the cancer center (either the MD Anderson Cancer Center or your local cancer center!) does... we multiply hope!

My challenge to you is a call to split the difference... respect and honor for the pain and difficulty with an overwhelming appreciation for the by-products of the hope and joy. A full card front scene, split into two with a sentiment strip.

During this month, especially because I host a challenge on opening day, it's a beautiful start to my mornings when I tour the gallery each day looking at all of your lovely, beautiful and heartfelt creations! So, don't forget to take a peek after you've made and shared your own creations. You'll be WOW'd and inspired, I promise!

I'm so excited about October. Thank YOU for being the largest part of the sharing of hope!

View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grilled cheese by understandblue 002 copy.jpg (60.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0424.jpg (61.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 1501C-Glimmery-Smile-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (56.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Everything_OKAY_by_mamaxsix.jpg (42.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501C_annsforte3_Here_to_Help_by_annsforte3.jpg (109.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501C_by_LMcAree.jpg (43.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501C_by_LuvLee.jpg (40.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501cmjo_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (144.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTLoriCB_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (58.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150914_120418_by_jacqueline.jpg (105.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg phpwTF5suAM_by_ohmypaper_.jpg (51.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg splitsenti_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (94.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1501C-LoriCraig.jpg (122.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by dini; 10-01-2015 at 03:55 AM..
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: Cancer FREE
Hostess: teresa kline/va.sunshine
Keyword: HYCCT1502
Date: October 2, 2015

Welcome to the annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive, what an amazing time of year! We can create and help others at the same time. There is nothing I like more than sending a homemade card of encouragement.

My challenge is to make a freestyle collage card.

If you'd like to join in the Mix-Ability challenge today, make your card hope themed using 2 or more art mediums, and add keyword MIX140!

View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You may not use multiple challenge keywords, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

The Department of Volunteer Services � Unit 115
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

thank you kindly to my sample makers and for supporting HYCCT!
dina, ann, jacqueline, lee, lydia, gail, stacey, misti, and me(teresa)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dina.jpg (47.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg ann.jpg (96.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg jacqueline.jpg (86.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg lee.jpg (44.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT Catch up by understandblue 003 copy.jpg (81.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1502_Serendipity_Free_by_mamaxsix.jpg (36.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTTeresa_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (55.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpeg HYCCT1502mjo_by_Scraperwannabe.jpeg (66.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 1sss.jpg (79.1 KB, 25 views)
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

Challenge Title: I am a Warrior
Hostess: CaKath/ Kathy
Keyword: HYCCT1503
Date: October 3rd, 2015

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To! We are thrilled you are here with us, and we have some amazingly creative challenges for you this month - from some alumni of this challenge and some great new hosts as well. I hope you are inspired by the creativity and our purpose this month on Splitcoast to touch patients in a special way with some paper love.

Today's challenge is I Am a Warrior!

Whether you are the patient, caregiver or supporter of a patient, your warrior strength is called upon during this challenging journey. For this challenge, create something that shows strength or inspiration. You could use Native American inspiration, something camo to represent our military heroes, any symbols that invoke strength and fierceness.

Here's some vintage music inspiration for you as you create:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Read more: Master Challenge Thread - Post in Order of challenges - NO CHATTER by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0356.jpg (60.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Indian Corn Leaf by understandblue 006 copy.jpg (43.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1232.jpg (60.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg hycct15003_camo_014_by_ohmypaper_.jpeg (143.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg warrior_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (6.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150908_211407_by_jacqueline.jpg (7.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: png HYCCTkathy_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.png (30.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15CAKath_annsforte3_Totem_Warrior_by_annsforte3.jpg (5.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 10_3_15_HYCCT1503_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (4.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1503_by_LuvLee.jpg (5.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1503_by_LMcAree.jpg (6.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1503-you-got-this-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (4.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1503-Lori-Craig.jpg (143.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by stamp_momma; 10-02-2015 at 08:37 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts
Heart Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Undergoing Renovation
Hostess: fionna51 aka Diane
Keyword: HYCCT1504
Date: Sunday, October 4, 2015

"Undergoing Renovation". That's one clever, and slightly humorous, way to put it...when someone has to deal with breast reconstruction after surgery.

Well, we are going to focus on renovation today. :grin:

Your challenge is to take a card you have made in the past, and that you like, and make another one that you like just as much...similar, but different and new and exciting.
Be sure to include a link to your past card that you are renovating.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Renovation by understandblue 007 copy.jpg (84.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0348.jpg (46.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4054.jpg (63.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1504_by_LuvLee.jpg (34.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Renovated_Tulips_by_mamaxsix.jpg (35.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTDiane_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (90.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 10_4_15_HYCCT1504_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (64.4 KB, 5 views)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Challenge Title: Don't Color Between the Lines
Hostess: mrslaird aka Paula
Keyword: HYCCT1505
Date: Monday, October 5, 2015

My first experience with cancer was when I was 8 and my grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer. I remember sitting in his lap in my living room while he unbuttoned his shirt to show us all these crazy black markings on his chest for the radiation. It looked like a pirate map written in sharpie. It made a big impact.

Likewise, I am always impressed at how much impact an uncolored image can have on a card. It's not something I ever think to do on my own, but when I see others do it I remember that I don't have to color everything every time. The lines themselves are beautiful.

Your challenge is to use an UNcolored line image on your card. If you want to accent a small part of the image with a color or sparkle, that's okay. You can stamp it on whatever paper you want in whatever ink you want, just don't color in your lines.

View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0383.JPG (110.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT Catch up by understandblue 009 copy.jpg (36.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg snowman_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (42.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg php33kaQ5AM_by_ohmypaper_.jpg (46.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTPaula_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (79.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1505mjo_by_Scraperwannabe.jpg (165.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1505_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (42.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1505_Simply_Here_by_mamaxsix.jpg (38.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1505_by_LuvLee.jpg (50.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1505_annsforte3_Koala_Grey_by_annsforte3.jpg (107.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DCHY091815CCT004_by_DCinkit.jpg (46.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 1505-fiesta-lizard-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (59.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 10_5_15_HYCCT1505_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (5.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1505 Uncolored GiftsDSC_0365.jpg (58.5 KB, 15 views)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Challenge Title: Hearts for Hope
Hostess: JBgreendawn (Stacy)
Keyword: HYCCT1506
Date: October 6th, 2015

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To!

I know the focus is mainly breast cancer awareness and these cards are going to that cancer center MD Anderson, but you know they treat other kinds of cancer there also right? yep, and they say cancer tends to run in families and when it doesn't those other families tend to have heart disease.

We lost my grandma recently and she would have been 85 this month.
But, one of the really cool parts about her story is. when she was 40 in 1970 she had a triple heart bypass with open heart surgery. she died on that table. and at that time this kind of surgery was experimental and there were not many surgeons who could do it or were willing to try. you see her surgery and my birth over lapped my mom and grandma were in the hospital with overlapping visits so, there has always been such a gratitude that I did grow up spending so much time with my grandma and even my son was lucky enough to do so too.
It is knowing this that there are "new" things being tried every day is such a hopeful thing. for every family regardless of what will hit them.

so, my challenge for you is to create your card with a trio of hearts and add in some red somewhere too.

I cannot wait to see what you do

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0419.jpg (60.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15jbgreendawn_annsforte3_Hearts_and_Hugs_by_annsforte3.jpg (101.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1506mjo_by_Scraperwannabe.jpg (115.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DCHYCCT15005DC29_by_DCinkit.jpg (33.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1506_annsforte3_Hugs_and_Hearts_by_annsforte3.jpg (75.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1506_by_LuvLee.jpg (71.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Trio of hearts by Understandblue 003 copy.jpg (43.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 10_6_15_HYCCT1506_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (100.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1506_by_bejoyce.jpg (34.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Hanging_Trio_by_mamaxsix.jpg (22.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1506_Hello_There_HeartsDSC_0370_-_Copy_by_mrslaird.jpg (68.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1506_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (39.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1506-LoriCraig-2.jpg (165.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1271_by_CAKath.jpg (77.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 1506-love-you-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (53.0 KB, 8 views)

My Blog
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Challenge Title: Trash Cancer
Hostess: jacqueline (Jacqueline)
Keyword: HYCCT1507
Date: October 7, 2015

Welcome to Day 7 of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges! I am so excited to be hosting this year and being part of this event. I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations.

I've always been a fan of Fran Drescher - loved watching "The Nanny". Fran is a uterine cancer survivor and she began the Cancer Schmancer project using her humor and personal experience as she was misdiagnosed and mistreated by doctors for several years. She puts her "extraordinary" vocals to use as an activist for her anti-cancer group, whose mission is to end cancer mortality due to late stage diagnosis by preventing it from occurring and catching it early. The Cancer Schmancer movement empowers people to hold "Trash Cancer" Tupperware type parties in their homes where invited guests and neighbors learn how to purge environments of harmful cleaning, food, and beauty products.

I invite you to participate in my challenge by using the word T-R-A-S-H to include elements in your card that begin with each letter. It can be the stamp manufacturer, an actual product, a word, etc. If you get stuck and find it difficult to use all five letters, play along anyway using at least three. Be creative and be sure to mention each element in your description. Let's TRASH Cancer!

I cannot wait to see what you come up with. Remember that the most important part of this challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.
  • View the gallery for this challenge HERE
  • View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
  • View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

And, thanks to my sample makers for these lovelies:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg World Peace 006 copy.jpg (31.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0415.jpg (60.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150924_072112.jpg (101.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DCHY102015CCT003_by_DCinkit.jpg (33.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1507_by_LuvLee.jpg (35.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTJacqueline_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (69.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15jacqueline_annsforte3_Alpha_Bird_by_annsforte3.jpg (104.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1507_TRASH_Monkeys_2_by_mamaxsix.jpg (43.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 1507-spacy-hello-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (59.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCt1507_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (92.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1341_zpslgqnxcjm_by_SkyNacho.jpg (124.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 10_7_15_HYCCT1507_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (65.7 KB, 10 views)

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts
Default Add Some Strength

Challenge Title: Add Some Strength
Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)
Keyword: HYCCT1508
Date: Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hello. Welcome to Day 8 of the �Hope You Can Cling To� challenges! I am delighted to be hosting this event for the first time and so happy that you have joined us!

My neighbor is one of the kindest people you could ever meet and a breast cancer survivor. Her strength was apparent as she went through her treatments, but what is truly amazing is how much stronger she has become as a person now. She is a wife, mother, grandmother and friend to everyone.

So, with her awesome strength in mind, my challenge was formed!
My challenge is for you to use that beautiful, striking piece of card stock you just had to have for your background panel on your card. Now, here is the catch, strengthen that gorgeous beauty by adding embellishments, color, paper piecing, etc. Add any item that will enhance and strengthen that one piece of designer card stock!

My challenge: STRENGTHEN that one piece of designer paper that you are using for your background!!

Have fun with my challenge and remember that the most important part of this challenge is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

Bless you for being a part of this event. All of us appreciate you!!

View the Gallery for this Challenge HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread Here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you again for participating in this card drive, have a great day!!

Many thanks to all of my fellow hostesses for provided such outstanding sample cards for my challenge!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT15annsforte3, annsforte3, Strengthened Petals.jpg (135.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1508, annsforte3, Teal Rose.jpg (103.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1508_Strengthened_DSP_by_jacqueline.jpg (43.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0493.jpg (83.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1508_by_LuvLee.jpg (45.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1508_by_bejoyce.jpg (46.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1508_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (128.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1508-LoriCraig.jpg (177.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Enhanced_Gratitude_by_mamaxsix.jpg (44.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTAnn_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (89.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 10_8_15_HYCCT1508_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (120.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1508-Imagine-with-Copics-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (53.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1508mjo_by_Scraperwannabe.jpg (141.6 KB, 11 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts

Challenge Title: First Class - No extra postage
Hostess: DCinkit (Diane)
Keyword: HYCCT1509
Date: October 9th, 2015

Welcome to the 9th day of Hope You Can Cling To. We are all delighted that you are here. The first year I participated in this campaign, I made and sent three cards. I told myself, it’s better than nothing and every little bit helps! The next year I vowed to double that number. I was having so much fun; I actually tripled it and sent 9 cards. Now, I took the plunge and I’m a first time hostess. Please consider jumping in or even wading in and join the challenge, the fun, and the camaraderie. There’s no wrong way to do the challenges. It’s your own expression and that makes it beautiful.

Just remember that the most important part of these challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

There are so many awesome and clever challenges that will inspire you!

Creating a card that is not bulky or heavy and does not need any extra postage to mail it is the goal. I mail cards to cancer patients as a volunteer. It really adds up if I have to put extra postage on my cards, so I like to keep the ones I’m sending out easy to mail with one stamp.

In keeping with the theme, as a bonus use a postal image, such as a mailbox, postage stamp, cancelled stamp, envelope, and so forth. You can add the extra “wow” with colors, techniques, minimal layers low profile embellishments, and so forth. I look forward to seeing what you create and all your clever ideas.

Let's make things easier for the patients and their loved ones.
My challenge to you is to make a card that does not need extra postage
and as a bonus use an image of something “postal”.

Thank you for sharing and caring by participating in Hope You Can Cling To card drive!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Challenge Title: Tag, You're It!
Hostess: bejoyce aka Barbara
Keyword: HYCCT1510
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2015

Welcome to Day 10 of this year's Hope You Can Cling To card drive! We are thrilled you are here with us, and we have some amazingly creative challenges for you for the month - from some alumni of this challenge and some great new hosts as well. Every year I'm in awe of their creativity - if you could just give them a round of virtual applause right now, I'd appreciate it!

So let's get started, shall we?

Every year, I faithfully go for my mammogram. Although I have been fortunate that everything has come out OK, I've had a few scares along the way, including a surgical biopsy and a core needle biopsy. During that last procedure, the doctor explained to me that he was inserting a tiny metal tag in the area that he had worked on, so that the area would be noted in future imaging. My tag is a boring rectangle, but I have a friend whose tag is actually shaped like the breast cancer awareness ribbon.

It is my hope that you never need a tag inside your breast, but I would like for you to put one on your card for this challenge! Yes, my challenge is for you to make a card with a tag on it!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1510_by_bejoyce.jpg (34.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1510_annsforte3_Heart_Flower_Tag_by_annsforte3.jpg (118.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1510_by_LMcAree.jpg (55.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ca0ea9d0-77a9-4bf6-a63a-575448fdba32_zpsnfgetzrw_by_SkyNacho.jpg (125.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTtag_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (81.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1510_annsforte3_Celebration_Tag_by_annsforte3.jpg (58.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0498_by_dini.jpg (61.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1510_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (115.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg SCS_Tag_It_by_barbat52.jpg (47.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DCHYCCT093015CD001_by_DCinkit.jpg (34.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 10_10_15_HYCCT1510_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (176.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 1510-laugh-tag-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (64.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg HYCCT1510_A_CASE_of_Hope_by_mamaxsix.jpeg (70.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpeg HYCCT1510_-_Snowfall_-_Softangelkisses_by_Softangelkisses.jpeg (139.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1510_Fall_TagDSC_0368_by_mrslaird.jpg (100.5 KB, 4 views)
SCS Fan Club Member
Color Challenge Team Member
QFTD215
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 291 Likes on 190 Posts

Challenge Title: Can I get a Ride?
Hostess: berlycece (Kim)
Keyword: HYCCT1511
Date: SUNDAY October 11th

Welcome to another day of HOPE here on Splitcoast! I sure hope you have been having fun with these challenges! And if you just started, no worries! There is still plenty of time to create lots of beautiful cards for this annual card drive.

Remember that the most important part of these challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

Many women (and men) with breast cancer have a gazillion medical appointments to keep. Sometimes those appointments involve treatments that are long and uncomfortable, and there is no way they could drive themselves to the doctor or clinic. These people must rely on good friends and family to provide transportation many, many times. As someone who has never been able to drive (BAD reflexes among other things) I can attest to the importance and blessing of personal "chauffeurs." :mrgreen:

My challenge for you is to create a card that FEATURES a mode of transportation. ANY transportation...cars, bicycles, trains... even if it would not be realistic to use on the way to chemo. Speed boats and hot air balloons are welcomed for this challenge! Have fun and give someone "a lift!" ;-)

I truly look forward to seeing your creations, and I am grateful for your participation in this very special card-making event!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: Food for the Body and Soul
Hostess: Kathy (scs Kathleen Curry)
Keyword: HYCCT1512
Date: Monday October 12th 2015

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************
October is my favorite time of year on Splitcoaststampers. I love seeing the gallery fill up with gorgeous cards as the community works together for such a good cause.

This year, it's a bit more personal for me. My Aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer in June and has been going through chemo these past few months. One thing she keeps mentioning is that food doesn't taste the same, or she has no appetite and also, she doesn't feel like preparing food for herself either. I've tried to prepare and freeze some comfort foods and family favorites for her. I want her to keep her strength up during this fight.

For my challenge, I would like to see the gallery full of cards with food items on them. Could be healthy fruit and vegetables, or fun sweet treats! Any food will do! I can't wait to see what everyone creates!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 568 Likes on 455 Posts

Challenge Title: Show Me Your Scars
Hostess: Scraperwannabe aka Misti
Keyword: HYCCT1513
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hello. Welcome to Day 13 of the �Hope You Can Cling To� challenges! I am delighted to be hosting this event for the first time and so happy that you have joined us!

Your challenge: Distress/tear one edge/corner/side of your image or card.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0506.jpg (61.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1513-LoriCraig.jpg (149.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1513mjo.JPG (139.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1513_by_LMcAree.jpg (39.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1513_You_are_AmazingDSC_0384_by_mrslaird.jpg (98.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1329_by_CAKath.jpg (122.0 KB, 9 views)
Mad Swapper

Challenge Title: Mosaic Memories
Hostess: kerbear aka Kerry Urbatch
Keyword: HYCCT1514
Date: Monday, October 14, 2015

I'm so excited to be hosting my first challenge for HYCCT15 and I'm thrilled to be donating a box FULL of cards for this great cause. I hope you've enjoyed the crafty month this year and have found the challenges inspiring and...challenging!

My challenge is centered around the mosaic of memories that fill our lives. These memories; whether they be happy or sad, are all gathered in our hearts and minds during our lifetime. These memories help sustain us, encourage us and even help us make changes for the better. It is this mosaic of memories that we hold most precious and dear, and not a single person worldwide can share the same. That's why I selected this theme...Mosaic Memories...because we all have a unique set of memories that make up who and what we are...Embrace them.

The challenge: Google Search "Mosaic Tiles". Search for an image that speaks to you. Recreate or use the image as inspiration for an element on your card. You might choose to create a full mosaic background or just a small mosaic element on your card. Please post your card and a link-back to the image that inspired it.

I was inspired by this mosaic image...probably because of the mix of color, the shimmer AND the uncommon shape...

You can see the card I created (and those of my fellow hostesses) that was inspired by this mosaic by checking out the gallery below.

VIEW the Gallery for this challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thanks also to all the HYCCT challenge team members that graciously provided the samples below:
Stampin' Fool

Challenge Title: Stretch Your clear stamps/ Use the reverse side
Hostess: barbat52
Keyword:HYCCT1515
Date: Thursday October 15, 2015

Take out your clear stamps sets and look at them in a new way. Use the BACKS of the stamps and make a card. Examples would be a circle for a balloon, triangle is now a tree or banner. You may use any sentiments. Now go get those clear stamps out and create something!! I would love to see what you come up with.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HYCCT1515 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery Stampin Up! Gallery: Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Gallery 2015 - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum - Splitcoaststampers

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 831 Likes on 585 Posts

Challenge Title: HUGS!
Hostess: Shoe Girl
Keyword: HYCCT1516
Date: Friday October 16, 2015

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To - 2015!!! We are so thrilled you are joining us for this great card drive.

Remember that the most important part of these challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a wonderful blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

To me the biggest way I can show someone I care about them is to give them a hug. The most precious hug I ever received was from my dear cousin John who passed away from cancer four years ago. The very last bit of energy he had was to wake up when I walked in the door see me and give me a hug. I will always cherish that hug. Some that are going through their treatment really need those encouraging hugs. So lets send them some of our hugs. Create a card with either the image of a hug or the word "Hug", it is your choice. I look forward to all these wonderful hugs we can send to these families.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Hugs, Lisa
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Challenge Title: Light Days
Hostess: LMcAree - Lori McAree
Keyword: HYCCT1517
Date: Saturday October 17th, 2015

Hi everyone!! Welcome to day 17 of the 2015 Hope You Can Cling To card drive!!! I hope you are enjoying all the great challenges and thank you so much for joining us!!
Patient have dark days and light days, so for my challenge I would like you to use the Ombre Technique on your card. If you've not done this technique you can find the great tutorial HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

A big thanks to my great sample makers!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenge Title: Make a Masterpiece!
Hostess: SkyNacho/Emily
Keyword: HYCCT1518
Date: October 18, 2015

This challenge is in honor of my mom, who died from brain cancer (hence my gray ribbon avatar). Although we do HYCCT in conjunction with breast cancer awareness month, one of the things that I appreciate about MD Anderson is that they treat patients with all kinds of cancer.

When I was in elementary school, there was a program in which parent volunteers brought a reproduction of a great work of art (the collection was owned by the public library) to their student's classroom and spoke to the kids about the artist and the painting. My mom really enjoyed being the "Picture Lady" and she did it for many, many years. At the end of each school year, on her last visit, she would make sure each student got a small, matted picture of their own to take home.

My challenge to you: pick a famous painting and use it as an inspiration to make a card. Some lucky person is going to get to take your work of art home with them!

Some suggestions to get you started:
  • Georges Seurat's "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" was done with a technique called pointilism, which is often a technique done with copics.
  • Henri Matisse had a phase where his art looks like shapes cut from construction paper, so try your hand at paper piecing.
  • Georgia O'Keeffe worked with watercolors to make her floral paintings-- is there anything hotter than watercolors for papercrafts right now?
  • Vincent Van Gogh had "Starry Night."
  • American artist Winslow Homer had a famous work called "Breezing Up," which is a nautical scene.
  • Edgar Degas liked to paint ballerinas.
  • Paul Cezanne did a lot of still life with fruits.
  • Andy Warhol's pop art is bright and bold.

There are so many paths to take with this! Techniques, subject matter, even just the colors of a famous painting can be your starting point. Please try to remember to share a link to your inspiration piece was so we can be inspired, too!

You can see my card here, and there is a link to my inspiration artwork as well.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

And a big thanks to my sample makers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pointillism by understandblue 004 copy.jpg (19.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0458.jpg (53.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 01AnnDegas.jpg (125.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 02EmMonet.jpg (150.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 03JaqMonet.jpg (58.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 04AnnVG.jpg (97.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 10_18_15_HYCCT1518_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (125.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (69.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1518_by_LuvLee.jpg (52.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1518-OKeeffe-Desert-Cactus-_by_hbrown.jpg (56.6 KB, 11 views)
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
BCRibbon Pinkalicious!!!

Challenge Title: Pinkalicious!
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: HYCCT1519
Date: October 19th, 2015

What an amazing month so far!!! So many fabulous challenges and beautiful cards!! Are you ready for more PINKNESS??? lol Of course you are!! It is October after all!! ;)

My challenge is for you to use the word PINKALICIOUS and unscramble 3-4 words from those letters that apply to your card!! For example: Ink, Pink, Clip, Pin........and many more!!

Here's my sample:

I used these words in making my card:

Pink
Ink (both in stamping the sentiment and in the Brusho watercolor ink crystals in making the background)
Silk (ribbon)
Pins

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thanks to my PINKTASTIC sample makers!!!! MWAH!!!!
Favorites Team Notifier

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Heart Candy Striper Comfort

Challenge Title: Candy Striper Comfort
Hostess: Stamperrobin (Robin Clendenning)
Keyword: HYCCT1520
Date: October 20, 2015

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To day 20!

My challenge to you is: RED and WHITE STRIPES.
Use red and white striped paper or stencil red and white stripes or use any other method you can think of to add red and white stripes to your project!

Years ago my older sister was a Candy Striper at our local hospital. She was a very responsible teen at the time and volunteered her time to care for other without having to be a nurse or doctor. They wore cute uniforms and did whatever they could for patients not requiring medical care. They were go-for's pillow plumpers, readers, water fillers...you get the picture. The main thing was, they were there, volunteering their time to help in whatever way they could to give comfort to patients.
We don't have Candy Stripers anymore but there are still plenty of people who volunteer their time.
Our card drive is a volunteering of time in a different way so get your red and white stripe on and go for it!

I can't wait to see what you do!

October is cancer awareness month and these cards are going to the cancer center MD Anderson.

Bless your heart for being a part of this. We all so appreciate you!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RELATIONSHIPS MATTER
�If conversation was the lyrics, laughter was the music, making time spent together a melody that could be replayed over and over without getting stale.�― Nicholas Sparks

Challenge Title: Relationships Matter
Hostess: mamaxsix (Gail)
Keyword: HYCCT1521
Date: October 21st, 2015

As I traveled along with my mom throughout her breast cancer journey these last 4 1/2 years, I learned just how important relationships are. Always a people person anyway, I watched my mom refocus her energy on relationships. Spending time with family and savoring each moment of togetherness became the most important thing to her and all of us. We also saw many reciprocate as people to whom my mom meant a lot, took time out of their days to send encouragement to her. All along the way and particularly toward the end, especially when people heard Mom had moved into hospice care, she received some of the most beautiful letters, emails, texts and messages on her fb and Caring Bridge pages. Family, faith communities, and friendships were such a source of support and encouragement to my mom, and by extension to us as a family.

My challenge for you is to use an image depicting a friend or family relationship and/or a sentiment focused on relationship (mom, sister, friend, etc). Extra credit from me if you make an extra card today and mail it to someone you care about....you'll never know how much it means to them! I'm reminded of the James Taylor song Shower the People

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE DON'T FORGET TO MAKE THIS LIVE, HOSTESSES

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Here are some awesome samples to get your ideas going from: Dina, Anne, Anne, myself, Lisa, Lee, Stacy, Emily, Holly

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Challenge Title: Tears Can be a Good Thing
Hostess: ohmypaper! (Angie)
Keyword: HYCCT1522
Date: Thursday, 10/22/15

�Tears are the noble language of eyes, and when true love of words is destitute. The eye by tears speak, while the tongue is mute.�
― Robert Herrick

The journey of the breast cancer patient is an emotional experience with tears usually accompanying the process at some point; tears during the difficult times and tears of joy over favorable reports.

I have been doing a little research on tears and one of the things I learned is that no two tears are alike. Under a microscope, tears look somewhat like snowflakes! Another interesting tid bit is that emotional tears contain protein-based hormones that are produced by our body when under stress. It seems that our body gets rid of these chemicals through the release of tears. That might explain why we usually feel better after a good cry, so go ahead, it's ok to cry!

For my challenge, we are going to use water to release ink to flow over our paper to create something beautiful! Please use the WRINKLE FREE DISTRESS technique on your card.

TIP: The tutorial shows the use of more than one color family but feel free to experiment! With both of my samples, I used only two inks and stayed in the same color family.

TIP: For best results make sure to dry your cardstock in between the swishes of cardstock through the ink and don't forget to tap your paper on the last little bits of droplets to create fabulous water splatters!

Thanks so much for taking part in the challenges and MOST especially for MAILING your cards to MD Anderson! I can't wait to see what you create!!!

View the Gallery for this challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

A big pink hug to my sample makers:
Dina, Gail, Jacqueline, Emily, Stacy, Paula, Shannon, Lee, Barbara, Ann, Holly and Lisa, Lori
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0374.jpg (53.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Rippled_Thoughts_by_mamaxsix.jpg (42.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150909_064307_by_jacqueline.jpg (161.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1339_zpsrf9xdzts_by_SkyNacho.jpg (3.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTAngie_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (54.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1522_Wrinkle_Free_SunshineDSC_0367_by_mrslaird.jpg (50.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1522_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (65.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1522_by_LuvLee.jpg (5.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1522_by_bejoyce.jpg (37.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT15ohmypaper_annsforte3_Wheat_Distress_by_annsforte3.jpg (116.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1522-distress-silhouettes-h_by_hbrown.jpg (58.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 10_22_15_HYCCT1522_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (104.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 10.22 HYCCT1522 002.jpg (57.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1522 043.jpg (55.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1522_by_LMcAree.jpg (46.3 KB, 12 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: Pretty Tattoo
Hostess: Jeanne S (Jeanne)
Keyword: HYCCT1523
Date: October 23, 2015

During radiation they mark the spot with a small tattoo. My challenge to you is use any image or phrase on your card that you think would make a pretty tattoo.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0503.jpg (45.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1523 Jeanne_Streiff.jpg (79.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Image11.jpg (59.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Image12.jpg (32.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Image13.jpg (28.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Image14.jpg (51.5 KB, 8 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Thanks Bunches!!
Hostess: hbrown Holly
Keyword: HYCCT1524
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2015

Howdy everyone! Welcome to the Hope You Can Cling To challenges!!! This is the best month of the year where stampers come together to create hundreds of works of art to share with the patients and their friends and family at MD Anderson.

I have a card from a sweet friend that is hanging from a display rod right above my computer monitor, and the sentiment, Thanks Bunches, inspired me to create this challenge. We all need thank you cards, and patients and their family members are no exception. My little twist on this is to have a "bunch" of something on your Thank You card. For example, you could use a stamp of a bunch of flowers tied together, adhere a bunch of sequins on your card, wrap a bunch of twine around your card, or have a bunch of leaves falling down.

Have fun creating your thank you cards! I can't wait to see what all of you come up with for your "bunches!"

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Read more: Master Challenge Thread - Post in Order of challenges - NO CHATTER by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Challenge Title: Stay CENTERED
Hostess: lisa lara (Lisa)
Keyword: HYCCT1525
Date: October 25th, 2015

Maintaining balance isn't easy is it? Toss in Breast Cancer to the mix and ACK! So my challenge is about staying centered. Make a card by only using the center for your image, sentiment etc.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0471.jpg (40.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg CHX challenge 001 copy.jpg (51.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1525-wisteria-smile-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (60.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1525_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (55.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2015_DCS_CMT_BDMC_5_by_Edna15.jpg (85.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1525_annsforte3_Flamingo_Hope_by_annsforte3.jpg (57.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 10_25_15_HYCCT1525_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (98.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1525_annsforte3_Friends_are_Angels_by_annsforte3.jpg (106.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1525_annsforte3_Hang_in_There_by_annsforte3.jpg (118.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1525_by_LuvLee.jpg (35.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1525_by_simplybeautiful.jpg (39.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1525_Centered_Thoughts_by_mamaxsix.jpg (93.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTLisaB_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (72.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1337_zpsnpan9izx_by_SkyNacho.jpg (61.7 KB, 7 views)

My Blog
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Challenge Title: I believe in Prayers, Love and Fairy Dust
Hostess: KelliJo Kelli Hull
Keyword: HYCCT1526
Date: Monday October 26, 2015

I am a true believer in the magic of prayer, love and Fairy dust! We MUST have something to grip on tight to during the battle and I just think that sweet fairies give you something to smile about! They shimmer, shine and are full of SPUNK!

Spunk is what you need! Gotta be SPUNKY to fight off the icks! I say prayers daily for my peeps! Some I have never heard of, some I have never met and some are dear friends that are battling this ugly beast! Peeps! It's just my peoples of the world!!!!

Make a card with a SPUNKY little FAIRY on it!!!! Let's go SPUNK Cancer!!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HYCCT1526

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Here are my WONDERFULLY SPUNKY Sample makers!!!!

Attachment 314453

Attachment 314454

Attachment 314455

Attachment 314456

Read more: Official Challenge Format by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0214.jpg (42.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 1526-fairy-wish-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (63.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1526_by_LuvLee.jpg (61.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0380_by_dini.jpg (91.6 KB, 12 views)

Default HYCCT1527 Strength in Numbers

Challenge Title: Strength in Numbers
Hostess: Edna15 (Edna)
Keyword: HYCCT1527
Date: October 27th, 2015

By this stage of the month you are in one of two baskets, you have either been playing along each day, or you are scrambling for time to fit bursts of card making in between your crazy life... the latter is definitely me, but I will get through the challenges no doubt... keep the good work coming ladies, the cause is worthy, a collective creative gift is what you are part of!

My challenge today comes from a deep understanding that every cancer patient does not stand alone, there are teams of people that stand beside them, and every small success is an accolade for the "we" that make it happen. Help you sisters who are battle the BIG C by making a card for them that helps spread the message of "we're all here for you" "together we will beat this" by using a MASKING TECHNIQUE to bring a group of people (or animals) together as the MAIN feature of your card.

Remember that the most important part of this challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson (OR CHICKS IN PINK if you are in the Southern Hemisphere) - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

I look forward to seeing how you interpret this challenge, a BIG THANKS to my lovely sample makers, see their work below!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Be kind by Understandblue 015 copy.jpg (38.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0500.jpg (77.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1527_annsforte3_We_re_all_Here_by_annsforte3.jpg (120.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1527 Edna15.jpg (88.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1527_by_scrapaholic007.jpg (48.6 KB, 13 views)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Challenge Title: Create A Cure
Hostess: Scrapaholic007 (Shannon)
Keyword: HYCCT1527BONUS
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Oh, how I'd love to cure the world of this horrible disease.

Let's do the next best thing! Create and send our friends at MD Anderson Cancer Center a "Cured" Card.

Your challenge is to create a stunning background for your card using the salting technique with watercolors or ink. Through my sample making, I discovered that any type of salt creates a beautiful effect. Regular table salt leaves the paper textured with little hints of shimmer. The large rock salt granules created interesting patterns and the paper is left with a beautiful shimmer to it.
Here's a short video my 10 year old daughter and I made for you to see how easy it is to create these gorgeous backgrounds.

I hope you'll give this challenge a try and enjoy it!
Fair Warning, I found it addictive! ;)
Thanks for playing! I can't wait to see what you all create for this challenge.

View the Gorgeous Gallery for This Challenge HERE
View the 2015 HYCCT Gallery HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I am so excited for this day! I deeply believe the cards we create and send to MD Anderson make an enormous impact. Not only on the patients and their families, but on the staff and volunteers there as well. These cards carry encouragement, love, compassion, reassurance and validation to those that see them.
Over the years participating in these challenges have been so rewarding to my own soul, I find myself filled with anticipation throughout the year for the next one. When the opportunity arose to host my first HYCCT challenge I jumped at it with excitement and nerves all bundled up together. I'm so proud to be able to inspire the theme for this challenge but mostly I'm proud to be among a plethora of amazingly generous and talented artist. You all are so inspiring and kind! You are all the reason SCS is such an incredible place.
Thank you so much for your participation in SCS and in this special card drive!

Much Love and Gratitude to my Amazing sample makers! XOXO

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Prayers for Peace On Earth Within Our Time
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenge Title: Kids Challenge - Mom's Faves
Hostess: andib (Andi)
Keyword: HYCCT1527KIDS
Date: October 27th, 2015

Welcome to the Hope You Can Cling To! Lots of challenges for you and a ton of cards for cancer patients and their families. Don't forget to mail those cards!

This challenge is meant to get the kids involved. I'm sure kids struggle with a family member who has cancer. Maybe they don't understand what cancer is or don't know why their parent has to visit the hospital for treatments.

Kids, your challenge is to make a card representing something your mom loves. A favorite food, a favorite pet or animal, even a favorite color. You can even make a card representing how you feel about your mom.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT kids challenge.jpg (65.3 KB, 2 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Challenge Title: You are My Superhero
Hostess: Fantastic Four: mamaxsix (Gail), fionna51 (Diane), annsforte3 (Ann), jacqueline (Jacqueline)
Keyword: HYCCT1527HERO
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Every woman needs a superhero, someone who encourages a continuing detection plan, helps them get past the shock if diagnosed, and provides the extra strength as treatment progresses. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. They can be those fighting for us as caregivers and supporters, or they might be healthcare workers on the front line of the battle. Whether they are involved in genetic counseling, in trying to find the greatest risk factors, in studying familial traits, in the research for the best cures, in the process of reconstruction for women who have had mastectomies, or in areas I don't even know about...they are all heroes to us, who live with the risk of this life-threatening cancer.

We want to honor those heroes! So your challenge is to make a card with a superhero theme. Use a superhero image...or a WHAM! or POW! or ZAP! or SHAZAM!

Have fun with our challenge and remember that the most important part of this challenge is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

Bless you for being a part of this event. All of us appreciate you!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you again for participating in this card drive, have a great day!!

Many, many thanks to all of our sample makers!!
Glitter Guru

Challenge Title: RAINBOWS - The Promise of a Better Tomorrow
Hostess: rgrohall Rebecca Grohall
Keyword: HYCCT1528
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Rainbows speak directly to the heart and soul. They are a visual reminder to us of the promise of a better tomorrow. References to the rainbow as a promise are found in the Bible (after the flood) but rainbows are universal. They are found in all cultures and religions - including Native American, Celtic, Buddhist, and Hindu. Rainbows can represent many things: life, hope, divinity, promise, creation, potential, provision, harmony, and connection (to name a few!).

So, your challenge is to make a card with a rainbow, or use a rainbow of color (think ROY G BIV), the rainbow can be made with ink, paper, ribbon, rhinestones, etc.

The technique I used is "striped wipe" - there is a Splitcoast tutorial, and I like to use a binder clip (instead of my fingers) to hold the towellette together. Dye Ink Reinker Card Pattern Tutorial by Beate Johns. There is TONS of inspiration in the gallery too!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE <--- just click
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE <--- just click
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE<--- just click

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Special thanks to my sample makers! Look at all of that goodness!

Stazon Splitcoast

Challenge Title: THANK Pink
Hostess: Softangelkisses Mary Collins
Keyword: HYCCT1529
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2015

Having a support system can make a tremendous impact on the overall health of a cancer patient, whether it be physical or emotional. Create a Thank You card using PINKS as your color!
Have fun with our challenge and remember that the most important part of this challenge is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0430-001.jpg (62.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg annsforte3.jpg (107.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg annsforte3b.jpg (111.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg jacqueline.jpg (37.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg JBgreendawn.jpg (111.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg LMcAcree.jpg (61.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg LuvLee.jpg (50.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg mamaxsix.jpg (43.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg mrslaird.jpg (76.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Shoe_Girl.jpg (33.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SkyNacho.jpg (4.9 KB, 4 views)

I'm pretty sure I shut my blog down til further notice! Perhaps forever!!
Kookie Creator

Welcome to my Challenge!!!!

Challenge Title: Tough As Nails
Hostess: Stamping_Crazy (Yvette DuBord)
Keyword: HYCCT1530
Date: October 30th, 2015

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To! I am thrilled you are here with us. I am a first time host for HYYCT, and I couldn't be more excited! I have been playing along for a few years now, and every year I get more and more into it. October is a busy month for me, but I always make time for this wonderful event. Last year I made it into the Queen's thread, and it felt so good that I had done so much more than I thought I could, and that the beautiful projects that all of you make end up in the hands of wonderfully deserving people. So lets play!

First of all, remember that the most important part of this challenges is actually mailing your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity throughout the month.

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer several years ago, and had to make a lot of very difficult decisions along the road to survival. When you are involved in the cancer journey, from diagnosis to survival, you have to be stronger than ever. You have to be TOUGH AS NAILS! So my challenge is just that, Tough As Nails.

You may use any construction related materials to make or embellish your card. It could be drywall spackle, mesh joint tape, aluminum pipe tape, sandpaper, etc....you get the idea. Another take would be to use construction related stamps, but brownie points with me if you come up with something really outside the box.

**I will draw randomly from the cards uploaded to my challenge gallery and 5 of you will receive a special little something from me!

I cannot wait to see what you come up with - you all inspire me.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive! And a SPECIAL thank you to all of the wonderful sample makers!
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Challenge Title: You've Got This
Hostess: Simplybeautiful (Ceal Pritchett)
Keyword: HYCCT1530SURVIVOR

I love this time of year, I have played along in the HYCCT challenges since 2011 but this is the first year I have hosted a challenge. I would like to say a big thanks to all my sample makers.

As a survivor, I'll never forget the day I was told I had cancer. It is the most devastating news to hear and you can almost feel the blood drain out of your body. I lost my Mom to breast cancer when I was only 21, but with all the technology today when you hear the "C" word it doesn't mean death anymore, it means fight for your life. It's a hard battle but it can be won if found in time, so get those mammograms. My challenge is to make a card of encouragement letting them know it's going to be okay.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Cardstock Collector

Challenge Title: Turning You Loose
Hostess: The HYCCT Host Team
Keyword: HYCCT1530TEAM

For this challenge - we are turning you loose - in the TUTORIALS SECTION.

Here are the rules:
  • You must choose a technique from our tutorials section here on Splitcoast
  • IT MUST BE A TUTORIAL YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED BEFORE
  • You must link to the tutorial you are using in your card description
  • You must have fun and learn something new

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

Challenge Title: ORANGE you glad..?
Hostess: dini (Dina K)
Keyword: HYCCT1531B
Date: October 31st, 2015

And here we are on the final day of Hope You Can Cling To - you have ridden with us through an entire month of inspiring chatter, challenges, card making, mess cleaning, love, laughter and tears. We did it together - and you should feel incredibly proud of yourself. Thank you for being a light and a blessing to those who will eventually give and receive your artwork. We love you, we love this cause, and we are so thankful for your participation - it is truly a gift of heart.

I wanted to do a color board for my last challenge, because I love the way those galleries look, and the meaning of the color ORANGE really spoke to me...

Orange represents creativity, which is what we have been expressing all month. Orange offers emotional strength during difficult times. It is a color of motivation and determination, courage and optimism. It stimulates conversation and relationship.

For my challenge, use this color board for inspiration.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Choose Events & Special Collections >> Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Galleries >> Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Gallery - 2015 when you upload. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2015 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my amazing sample makers!
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by dini; 10-31-2015 at 09:30 AM..
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Challenge Title: Finish Line
Hostess: UnderstandBlue (Lydia)
Keyword: HYCCT1531C

I can never really believe when this day comes - this month goes so fast! So we will fight the urge to be sad it's over and we will celebrate crossing the finish line!

So my challenge is to incorporate a single, hand-drawn line (any color) on your project, and you have to have another element of your card crossing it.

I know you'll have fun with this, and I hope you realize how much we appreciate all you have done for this card drive - it means so much to so many.

We've enjoyed spending this time with you, getting to know you better and seeing your art.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0511.jpg (58.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1531C_by_LuvLee.jpg (40.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCTLydia2_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (189.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 10_31_15_HYCCT1531C_by_Shoe_Girl.jpg (37.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1531C-blue-peacock-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (52.2 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by dini; 10-31-2015 at 09:30 AM..
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Stop and Smell the Roses
Hostess: Stamp_Momma (Lori)
Keyword: HYCCT1531A

The last day of Hope You Can Cling To, and what a ride it's been. Standing ovation to all of our friends, designers, community... you have been AMAZING THIS YEAR, and I can't wait to see what you do with my final challenge!

Don't forget to mail your cards to MD Anderson - this challenge is such a blessing to the patients and their families!

My last challenge this year is a reminder, even during difficult and hard times, stop and smell the roses! Some days it might be the smallest bit of joy that you can even image, but to someone else it's a huge hug.

That's what each of us who shares a card with the cancer center (either the MD Anderson Cancer Center or your local cancer center!) does... It's a gift that gets given over and over: we share with the Splitcoast community, share with the MD Anderson staff, share with the cancer patient or the family who choose your card and share with the recipient when it's finally moved along with it's message of love and hope!

My challenge to you is a call to include roses on your card! Images, paper or embellishments! The choice is yours! I chose to use yellow roses because they always warm my heart, even during hard times.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team