View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 11:19 PM   #14
JoBear2
Gallery Gazer

Heart

I have a MISTI and believe me, it was very pricey here in Australia when you compare that the US$ to Australian$ exchange rate is around 1US$ = 70 cents Aussie - but oh, it is the BEST tool (apart from my Big Shot) that I have ever purchased! I have alot of clear stamps & unmounted rubber stamps & being able to re-stamp when an image doesn't stamp cleanly the first time because you can re-stamp in exactly the same spot has saved me alot of frustration & wasted cardstock. I can now stamp my silhouette-type of stamps with confidence whereas before, they were languishing in my craft pile unloved because I couldn't get them to ever stamp cleanly.

Yesterday, I needed to stamp a sentiment on Bazzill cardstock which was textured - you know, like tiny grid lines - and because of that, the sentiment didn't stamp cleanly the first time. I was able to re-ink & stamp twice more to get a perfectly clean image. There is no way I could have done it without a MISTI because I am hopeless at eyeballing it if I need to re-stamp an image. I have seen other stampers on videos re-stamp cleanly, however, I have never been able to do it.

In the past, when I have stamped a sentiment/greeting inside my cards, I can't tell you the number of times I have stamped it crooked, upside down or it wasn't centred - or it just didn't stamp cleanly - so I would end up diecutting an oval & stamp on that & glue that over my mistake - and of course, that all takes time & cheeses me off. I never have that problem now because of my MISTI. That alone would make me buy another MISTI if I somehow broke the one I have.

I also have a tendency to squish down too hard with my hands when I stamp with my clear stamps mounted on a clear block so the end result isn't very good much of the time -and I usually stamp several times to get an image that I am happy with. I find that I get an even pressure by using the MISTI instead & the image is perfect the first time - again less wasted cardstock. I stamp alot on watercolour paper too & it's too expensive to waste - so the MISTI saves me wasting my precious paper.

The MISTI came with one magnet - and I would definitely recommend getting a couple more as you often need more than one.

Last edited by JoBear2; 10-21-2015 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: typo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!