View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 06:28 AM   #476
Ksnurse
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default MMTPT371~Destination Station

From Cathy:

My 14 year old son Anthony had emergency open heart surgery July 23, 2015. He was transport from palm bay hospital to Florida hospital for children via transport. He was diagnosed with dissected aortic aneursym. This is only seen in adults and rarely in children. They had to go in to replace part of his aorta and valve and repair a 5 inch tear and a small hole in his heart. The surgeon told us that he will be needing a second operation to replace the rest of his aorta. We found out that he was also diagnosed with loey dietz syndrone which is a genetic disorder that the connective tissue in the body is lacking a element to be strong and can be prone to aneursyms. Life expectancy is 26 to 37 years of age. Wednesday he had a doc appt and we were told that he has fluid at and around the bottom of the heart and that the aorta that was not replace is enlarged. They are waiting to make a decision on surgery until he goes back to the hospital on weds for the 4 mras that was schedule to see if he has anymore aneursyms. My favor i ask of you is to flood him with get well cards as he i becoming very depressed and keeps asking if he is going to die. His name and address is:

Anthony Moss
385 Vin Rose Circle SE
Palm Bay, FLorida 32909

My family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts!
Cathy aka Lexant