Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need teacher idea

our local ladies group does several service projects each year and we would like to make some thank you's to all the teachers in our schools (2 grade schools and one high school) and I'm needing some ideas of what we could make for such a large group that would be inexpensive. We would include a note of thanks for all they do for our children, but what could we give them?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Would your group be able to afford some kind of treats that you could put in the office or break room at each school? Maybe a local bakery or grocery store would give you a discount on baked goods or fruit and/or veggie trays. Another thought would be school supplies since many teachers spend their own money for supplies, although that probably happens more in the elementary schools. If you want to make something there are lots of tutorials on post it note holders that are fun and easy to make. For the high school teachers you could make them in the school colors and for the elementary schools you could make them in primary colors. I have many teachers in my family so thank you for doing something to let your teachers know they are appreciated, it doesn't happen often enough.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

You are covering a wide range of grades there. I think post-it-notes in that business card easel for their desk would be good. Or how about pencils? My youngest always seemed to break and then not have pencils in high school!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

How nice! As a former teacher myself I also appreciate that thought.

I like the idea of supplies but with that broad range..maybe just a gift card they can use to buy the supplies they need? Not imaginative but useful. But I am thinking that could be expensive with so many. If you want supplies like pencils I might try at Oriental Trading for bulk buys.

I might have suggested helping them build their bulletin boards but there would too many of them in that group.

If you want to "make"....maybe some kind of "good work" bookmarks, star die cuts, or whatever shape they could give out to students over the year? There are stamps with that thought ready to go but they tend to be small from what I have seen. So maybe just hand write "good work!" "Great job!" or whatever on them. Use DP that is appropriate to their subject on them and stick to cardstock.

Let us know what you decide on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2015, 12:30 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

I had a wonderful parent one year give me 5 clipboards from the dollar store for each holiday (school start-up, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Teacher Appreciation and End of Year). By the end of the year, I had a class set for field trips or outdoor projects. Only one was specially decorated with DP and my name. That became my "observation" board for marking. It was one of my favourite gifts but only $5-10 was spent on each holiday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2015, 05:14 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

sounds like a wonderful gift. However I need 72, so that would be a bit pricey, but I will keep this in mind for my DIL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyde and SeekView Post
I had a wonderful parent one year give me 5 clipboards from the dollar store for each holiday (school start-up, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Teacher Appreciation and End of Year). By the end of the year, I had a class set for field trips or outdoor projects. Only one was specially decorated with DP and my name. That became my "observation" board for marking. It was one of my favourite gifts but only $5-10 was spent on each holiday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a link to some darling post it note holders on a blog I follow.

Maybe these would be good for your teacher gifts. And yes, 72 is a lot to make!

post it notes | Search Results |

Maybe you could package them in a clear bag tied with a colorful ribbon and include a little mini pen, too.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

As a retired educator, I know what any effort at appreciation means. For former middle school colleagues, I just finished making 25 wallet-style card holders, just because I was in that factory state of mind for a craft show. On the front of these - which I did in my former school's colors - I stamped and matted a sentiment using a Taylored Expressions stamp. The stamp reads "teachers who love teaching teach children to love learning." I inserted 2 lifesavers and a peppermint patty. I placed those in small zip-style clear bags with a note from me, telling them they are worth a mint! It's tense here - no contract since I retired 2 years ago (part of my exiting just a bit earlier than planned), and little hope of a settlement. There is a strike date set as well. I wanted my former colleagues to know I was thinking about them. We always need chocolate and our throats could always use some soothing mint flavoring.
I also know I was always asked for pencils, so when I see them on sale, packs come home. I avoid the mechanical ones, though, because I wasn't having packs of lead in the desk.
Goodies in the lunch room are always a hit. We also had a day when lunch was provided and we always appreciated what our PTSA did that day in May.
Thanks for your group's recognition of educators at all levels. Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Along the lines of soothing, a small bag of lozenges or peppermint hard candy would probably be appreciated. I put two in my DD's stocking this Christmas and she was very grateful January through March! As her mom, I was not happy to hear she still taught a few days with her 'whisper' voice!
Reply With Quote Likes