View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #57
kiki_mac
Compulsive Stamper

When my mother died in 2000, my sister and I wanted to send some thankyou cards to some of the people that helped us at the time - we were both in our 20s and very inexperienced with death, and some older friends and family were our saviours. We searched so many shops for nice thankyou cards but they were either unattractive or inappropriate.

One day we were walking past an invitations and stamping shop and went in, and the very kind woman in there showed us how to emboss with embossing powder, and we found a totally appropriate stamp of a violin (my mother played for nearly 60 years). We rented a heat gun for the weekend, bought the supplies, laughed and laughed as we stuffed up so many images, and made some simple white cards with a platinum heat-embossed violin on the front, and then I made up a thankyou sentiment on the computer and pasted it inside.

With the crafting bug well and truly caught, that Christmas I decided to make some Christmas cards for the family with felt shapes and cardstock. They were a hit. I was sold. But I only made cards on and off, mostly when needed, until 2012 when I visited a small country town on holidays with the most amazing craft store, and got re-inspired. I came home from holidays and made a commitment to make cards more often. I then discovered SCS, found a LSS with monthly card classes (which I'm still attending).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!