Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marker Paper??

I've resisted the alcohol marker "phenomenon" thinking that my Prismacolor pencils and OMS are all that I need. HOWEVER, this week I decided to try using the Bic Mark-it's that I'd had in my drawer for ....way too long! I loved how quickly that I could color and how vibrant things were. I colored one with pencils & one with markers. My kids and HUBBY all said that marker image was better. I told them I was looking at the blending not just the brightness. Needless to say, I'm hooked. I'm going to go the Spectrum Noir route, and I can't wait to get them...few more days until I can order...rats!

Anyway, as a newbie, I've been reading a lot about the cardstock. However, I've not seen anything about marker paper from stampers. I've not ever felt marker paper,so I'm not sure if it would be a good paper to stamp on or run through a printer.

What about Bristol 300 series? Was trying to see what I had local...I don't want to not be able to do because I forgot (which happens often) to reorder.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure you will get lots of opinions, because everyone will have their favorite!

I've been stamping and coloring images for quite a while with alcohol markers, i.e. Copics (I have a very few) and the Bic Markits and colored Sharpies.

I use a 110 lb cardstock that I get at Sams Club for all my cardmaking, including stamping and coloring images. I also use this cardstock for the bases for my cards, as I make card fronts and adhere them to the white plain base.

There are lots of more expensive cardstock brands out there, and you can pay a lot more than I pay for what I use. I am very happy with it, and haven't felt a need to buy the more expensive papers. For about $8, you get 250 sheets.

Here is a link to it:

GP - Image Plus, Card Stock Paper, 110 lb., 8-1/2? x 11?, 1 Pack - 250 Sheets - Sam's Club

I have a Canon printer with the outside paper feed that goes through the printer pretty flat, and I have no trouble using this cardstock in the printer. If you have a printer that takes the paper inside and wraps it around a roller, you might have a problem with any cardstock. I think it depends on the brand of printer.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bugga in OK is right... everyone has their preferences. I use either the Copic paper or Neenah cardstock (I buy it by the ream at Simon Says Stamp). I have also used Gina K's cardstock in the past.

I tend to use the Neenah most because that is what I use for most of my card bases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2015, 10:53 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Definitely preference pick. I am a Strathmore or Canson girl. I love Canson's marker paper. I also use a lot of Strathmore's Comic & Manga paper. I bought my paper at Hobby Lobby & Michael's. You can get nice tablets for under $8 with a coupon. I use Copics, Sharpie's, Prisma's & Bic's. Hope that helps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2015, 05:09 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for the replies. They really help me. Can't wait to get started!
Reply With Quote Likes