Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2014, 10:38 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow January 2015 Scrap Pages and Chatter - sbc15jan

Scrappin' Challenge 2015

Can you believe this is our 7th year of Scrappin' Goal Challenge?! We sure completed an AWESOME number of pages together in 2009 through 2014 and I'm looking forward to MORE Scrap pages together in 2015! Let's keep scrappin'.

It was SO fun to chat about and see everyone's pages, goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2015! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

What fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends. Our scrap goal isn't all about getting pages done, it's also about enjoying the process! Please feel free to join at any time!

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person can share their page goals, pages and ideas. for those of use who like Annual Goals, we will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month.

*In this thread, we track our monthly goals. We find it helps us keep getting pages done which is good for all of us.

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 2, 3, 5, 50 pages....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number one month or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget. Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar!

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done all the while enjoying sharing with Virtual Friends.

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2015 Scrapbook Challenge! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

We'd love to "oohh" and "aahh" over your pages so please post with key word "sbc15jan"

Last edited by Lmn; 01-31-2015 at 10:15 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow January Scrappers

Come Scrap with Us in

January 2015
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 10:41 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Challenges 2015

We have NEW Hostess and NEW Challenges for 2015!

They'll be posted here soon

Last edited by Lmn; 01-31-2015 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 10:42 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow 2014 YTD

Just for Fun, let's post our 2014 Page Totals

Last edited by Lmn; 01-31-2015 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart WooHoo!

Welcome 2015!

Happy New Year! I'm Very much looking forward to 2015 Scrapbooking here at SCS. Some of us have been scrapping together for over 7 years, WOW! We have lots of exciting new Challenges and hostess plus some old favorites. It's all good!

What are your Crafty Goals for 2015?

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish but haven't decided completely what my goals are yet. Lots to consider.

In 2014, I did an Organization Challenge that worked AWESOME for me and I finished more pages and cards than I ever have before. The flow of the room/supplies works. I'm going to make some small updates and I have one more part to organize - the memorabilia, which I hope to get to this weekend before I go back to work. I have it all pulled out, now to sort.

Looking forward to a FUN Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 11:04 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

My 2014 scrapping came screeching to a halt when we took in two foster children, so June through December wasn't exceptionally productive for me. While I want to set my yearly goal at 100 layouts again, I have to be realistic, so I am challenging myself to scrap one layout a week. Yep, that's it! If I can complete a layout every week this year, I will be happy. Any extra layouts will just be gravy.

With that in mind, Thursday is going to be my scrappy morning. All kids are in school, hubby at work, no other deadlines looming, so I think I can dedicate that morning to scrapping. Hmm, maybe I need a banner or some sort of word art around the house to remind me so I don't get caught up in other stuff like housework or surfing the web. . .

Happy New Year, everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 05:12 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Hi!
Lela, thank you for keeping us going! . I will be back later, just subbing for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Happy New Year all!!

With an empty nest, retired, and a hubby that likes to do housework I spend time daily in my studio. 2015 may require more driving between schools picking up DGK's and this year I will be doing most if not all the driving for my mother. Even though I was able to complete more than my goal for 2014 I am going to keep it at 200 for 2015...... besides I am running out of room to store all those layouts!!

Now to stay off the internet long enough to get those pages done!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy New Year!

"Lots to consider" is so true Lela! This is going to be the year of change! My youngest daughter graduates from HS in May, then off the college in the fall (hasn't made that final choice yet!), so we will be empty nesters for the most part (until they both come home for college breaks)!
I've been applying for a few jobs, so for me going back to work will also be a big change. Time will tell whether it will be full or part-time.
Until that happens, I plan on getting as many pages as possible done! I'll have to think about a number though! I was ambitious last year and if I get a position sooner than later, it won't be as high!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #10  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Happy New Year

YAY! Walgreens has a 9 cent per photo special so pictures ordered, 2nd cup of coffee for the holiday, and time to get a couple pages done before I go workout.

AND ... the Sparty's are up by 7 ((GO GREEN!))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Arrow HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year my crafty peeps!!!

I had an interesting 2014 but am now back to SAHM status for a while ~ too much going on and the pay from my job did not justify the time spent away from the family. I've had some health issues come up and want to deal with that...I am a woman in transition ;-). I did not accomplish much in pages last year but I did accomplish other things so all-in-all 2014 was good. I am hoping to make 2015 even better and a part of that is doing what I love to do, scrapbooking! I need to dig out my craft room so that will be my goal to complete by Jan 16.

Over the years, I have found I do better by not setting a number amount of pages to complete. I am better at a schedule goal: I have so many Christmas things I keep thinking I'm going to do and never do so each month on the 11th & 25th I will work on Christmas projects :-); generally, I like to scrap on Sunday's and I am going to add Tuesday's too...but I'll scrap anytime I find free time ;-).

That's it for now, I'm glad to be back and can't wait to be inspired by all of your lovely pages!!!

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-01-2015 at 09:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
YAY! Walgreens has a 9 cent per photo special so pictures ordered, 2nd cup of coffee for the holiday, and time to get a couple pages done before I go workout.

AND ... the Sparty's are up by 7 ((GO GREEN!))
GO WHITE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Whoohoo!

Quote:

Just for Fun, let's post our 2014 Pages
2014 YTD Pages for me was 151. Cards 71+/- a few ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I guess I did 113 pages in 2014. I did loose count toward the end. I didn a whole heritage album to take to our family reunion in September and didn't post it. But I feel good that it was over 100. I didn't try to do any in December. I don't know how some of you did 200 pages!! I am in awe of you! So I don't know any goals, except to keep trucking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I didn't get many pages done last year, and don't think I'll go hog wild this year, but I will set a goal of 2 pages a month. My mom turns 95 this month and I've been spending time making cards with her for the past year; I plan to continue that, in addition to card making with a group of friends which also started about a year ago. So, I'm still getting crafty time in, just not much scrapbooking.

So my goal will be 24 pages, Lela! You have been such a fabulous and dedicated Scrappy Leader these past years and your efforts are SOO appreciated!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #16  

Default Thinking about trying digi scrapping? (or already a fan?)

I got an e-mail today from this site that's offering a great deal. Free kit downloads (up to 5 per day) for the first 2 months for $1 per month. Yep, $1 per month!!! You can cancel after that. That amounts to 59 days @ 5 kits per day which totals 295 kits if you download every day for Jan. & Feb!

https://www.pixelscrapper.com/subscribe

There are TONS of digi scrap stores out there, and many that offer freebies, (and which might have kits you prefer) but this seems easy and cheap if you just want to give digiscrapping a try.

Not sure if it's MDS-compatible, but it will definitely work for most other digiscrap programs. I have no affiliation with Pixel Scrapper, just a suggestion for my scrappy friends.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #18  

Hi Christy! Good to "see" you! 80 pages is awesome! Look forward to seeing you here more often!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #19  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink AWESOME

Wendy, MP and Christy, we sure missed you ladies, glad you're back and scrapping with us!

It's a good evening for Scrappin' .... hope you're all crafting away ... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 04:28 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

My daughter gave me a ton of photos of our DGD (age 2) and sweetly asked if I would scrapbook the photos! So I guess I will set a goal of one layout a week, but that might be a stretch as I love to make cards and alter items as well. But I'll do my best!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #21  

Default Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
My daughter gave me a ton of photos of our DGD (age 2) and sweetly asked if I would scrapbook the photos! So I guess I will set a goal of one layout a week, but that might be a stretch as I love to make cards and alter items as well. But I'll do my best!
I think you might find those photos become an inspiration for you! I know I always enjoy scrapping pages about my DGDs. Welcome and happy scrapping! We have a great bunch of gals here who are friendly, encouraging and help provide mojo when the creative juices get slow!!

Last edited by wendella247; 01-01-2015 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 05:23 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 178 Likes on 153 Posts

Hello, ladies! I've been MIA for most of 2014 but want to get back on the scrappin' trail.
A lot happened last year...I retired in August, we camped & my friend opened a craft store so I've been helping out there. I'm not sure how many pages I did do after March but I did a lot of cards & tags. We've had weekly classes at the shop & attended some shows too. I haven't been super productive but just enjoyed my retirement.

But with a new year here I need to get some things accomplished so I've set a goal to de-clutter my house by April. That'll take a lot of time but I also want to scrap. I'm going to be conservative & set a goal of 48 pages (or 24 two page layouts) for the year. I'll do 4 pages in January.

I'm glad to be back & see what everyone's been up too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #23  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi everyone and a welcome back to those that have been MIA! I completed zero pages in December and finished the year with a YTD of 115 just 12 short of my yearly goal for 2014.

I am going to try and complete 10 pages a month for a YTD of 120 for 2015.

Lela my YTD was 115 for 2014 and 0/0 for December.

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

I love all the updates you all are sharing! I haven't decided on my goal for this year yet either, but I did count up my last year totals and I am happy with the results even if I didn't reach my goals!
2014 Scrapbook Goal: 123/144
2014 Cards Made: 170
2014 Cards Mailed: 142

I did just upload the last of my 2014 pages, and I put them in the Dec 2014 gallery, since that's when I made them. I ordered some Project Life products from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Supplement and really wanted to be able to share them on my blog before the order period ran out, haha. So I got them done on the 31st and that's good enough for me!
I used pictures from Christmas 2010, and the old divided sheet protectors SU! carried a few years ago, along with the new PL products and made 6 quick pages!
Christmas 2010 1
Christmas 2010 2
Christmas 2010 3
Christmas 2010 4

My kids both got sick over the holiday break, and I had a migraine for a few days so the days have all blurred together. Today I dug out my new calendars and need to take down Christmas...then I can figure out future details. haha... I'll be back again soon with a goal and a plan...!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Two years ago I gave my daughter a scrapbook for her to display photos of our DGD. I made 20 layouts using two Cricut cartridges: Baby Steps and The First Few Years. She never felt comfortable adding the photos, so today I took the stack of photos she had sent home with me last month and I filled all 20 pages with pictures! I'm so excited and am looking forward to giving the album back to her! Only took two years!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

For those who need to kick-start your scrapping, I have just posted my first challenge as the new hostess of the Scrapbook Sketch Challenge!!! Please stop by and visit, and I hope you are inspired to use the sketch. I'll be posting on the first and third Friday of the month, so please PM me in advance - by Wednesday - if you have any special requests. I would need to know the sizes and orientations of the pictures, and I can (try to) design a sketch for you. Hopefully that will keep me inspired, too. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Arrow Scrapbook Expo

Is anyone planning to go to Scarpbook Expo in March in Orlando? Let me know if you do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #28  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Ohhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Is anyone planning to go to Scarpbook Expo in March in Orlando? Let me know if you do.
Now THAT would be fun! What are the dates?

Somehow I got missed by the "cleaning fairies" this week so I had to spend time today getting a couple closets cleaned out plus all the normal house stuff. Just put enchiladas in to bake and then I'll be scrappin

Looks like everyone is getting back into the swing "normal" after the holidays. It's cold and rainy here so good day to stay in
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #29  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Happy Hello

Hello Paige! Glad to have you scrappin' with us! What an awesome option to have the pages ready, good way to start the year!

LouAnn, Congrats on your RETIREMENT! Probably this last year was the first I started to think more about it. I should work 5-7 more years but I made an appointment with an Expert Retirement Planner to see how I'm doing and if I were to make changes .... could it come any sooner, LOL :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 178 Likes on 153 Posts

Quote:

Hello Paige! Glad to have you scrappin' with us! What an awesome option to have the pages ready, good way to start the year!

LouAnn, Congrats on your RETIREMENT! Probably this last year was the first I started to think more about it. I should work 5-7 more years but I made an appointment with an Expert Retirement Planner to see how I'm doing and if I were to make changes .... could it come any sooner, LOL :rolleyes:
That's a smart move Lela! I was nervous but then met with our financial guy & he said no problem. So it didn't taken me long to make the move!! I've been lovin' every minute!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #31  

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
For those who need to kick-start your scrapping, I have just posted my first challenge as the new hostess of the Scrapbook Sketch Challenge!!! Please stop by and visit, and I hope you are inspired to use the sketch. I'll be posting on the first and third Friday of the month, so please PM me in advance - by Wednesday - if you have any special requests. I would need to know the sizes and orientations of the pictures, and I can (try to) design a sketch for you. Hopefully that will keep me inspired, too. ;)
I am working on this one! It's been raining here in 'Bama for most of the afternoon/evening which means it's scrappin' weather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 05:45 AM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Now THAT would be fun! What are the dates?

March 6 & 7: 01 | Expo Show List | Scrapbook EXPO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #33  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Yes, yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
That's a smart move Lela! I was nervous but then met with our financial guy & he said no problem. So it didn't taken me long to make the move!! I've been lovin' every minute!!
I've just been giving more and more thought to the option lately. This whole new "do more with less (insert the word people here)" just makes it seem like I work constantly and I just don't want to miss out on "LIFE". I've got one shot at it. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, really like my job but whew .... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #34  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking oh WOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
That looks FUN! I'll have to check out my calendar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #35  
Glitter Guru

Lela, I just saw the YTD slot for 2014 I was able to complete 230 pages

Probably the most I have ever done in a year, going to three major crops last year helped a great deal with that number. So far I have only one three day crop I'm attending next month.

I have three for this year

Blessings
Twas the Night
Noel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #36  
Glitter Guru

Going to check out the sketch the going to read for a bit while I eat dessert.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to familiar faces.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:44 AM   #37  

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got my first two layouts of 2015 done! Hope to be back this afternoon to comment, but for right now I've got to get my run on.

Dover Castle

Cliffs of Dover
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

There has been no crafting at my house yet, five days in, haha, but I have set some goals for myself, including a scrapbooking goal! I'm going to keep it at 144 pages for another year and see how it goes! That's 12 pages a month, and I plan to continue (restart??) my Weekly Pages....which crashed and burned sometime last summer...snort....and that means I have some catching up to do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #39  
Proud Fan Club Member

Smile January week 1 Stash Busters is posted!!

Hello Ladies!
Its good to see everyone getting back in to the swing of things! We had an extended day off with frigid temps of -18 this morning and moving up to a whole whopping -9 degrees! So I had some time to finish my layout this morning and put the first Stashbuster challenge of the year!

Here's the link: January week 1

I would like to give a shout out to TrishG, Sewflake, AnniePanda, and Lela for playing in the December Challenges! Thanks it was great to see all your layouts!

TrishG participated in all three! Whoohoo...another Hall of Famer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Scraplift Challenge

Here is the first Scraplift Challenge of the year! Come play!
I am so excited to be hostessing again!
Ok, headed over to check out the Stashbuster!
Reply With Quote Likes