Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2014, 03:24 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Hi! I am Angie
8bc49b61-1954-4efc-9406-632e062af2b9.jpg

I am a product of two nationalities clashing, umm... I mean marrying. My parents met in Germany while my father was stationed there with the Army. When I was young we rarely stayed in one place longer than nine months. We experienced the snows of Colorado and Montana, and the heat of Georgia and California but we always ended up back in Kansas where my father's family lived. During my early teens my father uprooted us one last time to Louisiana.

I have a younger sister who is my best friend. I feel like I come home when I am with her! My brother is eight years younger than I am, born one day earlier then me so we have always shared a special bond. (check out the photo I just found of the three of us....I am holding a kitten!!! I have always been crazy about kitties)

meandshell_0005.jpgThethreeofus_0007.jpg

My husband spent all of his life in a small town in Minnesota. After graduating from Dakota AeroTech his first job was in Louisiana working on helicopters. We met while attending the same church. He asked the church secretary for my phone number because he wanted to do "visitation". LOL My husband took a job in Georgia shortly after we were married and we have been here ever since. In January we will celebrate our silver wedding anniversary! :shock:

My husband spends all his free time getting ready for the next solo backpacking trip. He regularly uses a "thread injector" (that's a sewing machine to the rest of us!!!) to create his own gear. He spends two or three nights a month out in the wilderness and as I am writing this I am awaiting his return from his most recent trip

SteveSelfie0300bio4830.jpg

As a family we enjoy vacationing on the Blue Ridge Parkway and hiking the trails in the Smokey Mountains but when opportunity allows we head out to Utah and Arizona to soak up the grandeur of wide open skies and towering landforms.

cadescovelunch05018300.jpgforbio_2652.jpg

Our son is 17 and has a passion for world history. He enjoys a good debate and cracks us up with his dry wit. He dedicates two Sunday's a month to working on the video team at church. Our daughter is a beautiful 14 year old. She loves ballet, plays the flute and has a passion for drawing. Unlike her brother she is quiet and doesn't get excited about anything. She loves to watch youtube videos on fashion and is our little fashionista which cracks me up because I am so NOT!

hycctbioDSC05541350.jpg

We share our home with two felines that showed up at our house five years apart but with similar plans. They sat under our vehicles and hollered until we came out to meet them! They are both sweet but sadly not to one another. Storm (the baby) is quite the character and shows up often on my blog and FB pages. (Middle photo shows Storm resting instead of her usual antics of leaping to the outside top of closet. When Storm is mischievous I leave the front closet open to give her something to do. She climbs to the top of the door then makes the leap to the roof of the closet)

About three years ago I discovered the joy of stamping and not long after that I was told about Splitcoastampers. I think Splitcoaststampers is one of the most wonderful places online. Tutorials, art, inspiration, friends, and even recipes can all be found right here! I have even had the chance to meet a few friends IRL and I hope to meet a few more!

Random facts:
* Reading was my first passion.
* I love to play board games. My husband calls me Mrs. Milton Bradly.
* I am a huge movie buff. I love all genres except horror. Little things like camera angles and shadows as well as a great story keep me coming back for more!!!.
* I enjoy watching just about any sport but my husband doesn't like ANY!
* My passion for all things paper just barely edges out my passion for ceramic or china dishes.

Cancer played a role in our family before I was born. Stomach cancer took my maternal grandmother when my mother was just 10 years old. My mom's entire life was profoundly impacted by the loss of her mom and she parented from that loss. I lost one of my two uncles to cancer about 23 years ago.

maternalgrandmother.jpgunclelarry0009.jpg

Breast cancer has touched our family as well. A little more than 10 years ago my MIL was visiting us when her sister called with news that she was going to have surgery because she was diagnosed with breast cancer. We are so fortunate that the outcome was good and my husband's aunt is still with us!

I had only visited Splitcoaststampers a few months when I played along with my first HYCCT. I sent off just 5 cards my first year, but last year I was able to complete every challenge! From the camaraderie shared on the chatter thread to the special feeling behind each card created, there's nothing quite like HYCCT! I hope you have had the chance to play along this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 05:19 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,910 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I love the back stories everyone is sharing. Makes me feel like I know you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 05:28 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Angie, I would never have guessed that you've only been stamping 3 years! You must be a quick learner! It was fun to see your photos and hear your story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 05:58 AM   #4  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Wonderful photos, Angie, and great to get to know a bit more about you. My, your son is TALL!! The kitty photos are so typical, too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 06:01 AM   #5  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Angie, you are a cardmaking super Amadeus! Loved reading this!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 06:13 AM   #6  

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Yes, our son is tall!!! My husband is 6'4" and our son 6'6"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 06:13 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was great to hear your story. I have enjoyed looking at your creations each day! Wish there was some all of us stampers could get together. How about a convention!?

Gayle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 06:14 AM   #8  

Received 649 Likes on 368 Posts

Angie, what a wonderful, informative post. I love the first photo of you by the stream. What a pretty place, too. All the photos are great....even the kitties. I know Storm is quite the character.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 06:27 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I love all the photos I found my self nodding as I read a long going yes, that is familiar but, this ties it all together in my mind a little better. the three years part did surprise me too.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 07:21 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 458 Likes on 236 Posts

So fun to meet you, Angie! Beautiful photos and lovely family! The kitties are pretty sweet too! Ah....don't you just Love the Blueridge Parkway? My DH and I just spent the day there this month celebrating our 40th anniversary.

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

What a lovely bio Angie! You did fabulous! DD2 is our flute player!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #12  
Favorites Team Notifier

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow Angie! 3 years? What a shocker!!! You go girl! Loved seeing your pics and reading your story!! So fun getting to know people better even though I think we've been good friends for awhile I still didn't know about only 3 years...Inconceivable!! (what movie...?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #13  

Received 635 Likes on 445 Posts

Angie,
So much about you that I didn't know - fascinating details and photos. For someone who has only been stamping 3 years you produce some amazing work - I think 10 years really!
I have missed a lot of your HYCCT cards but the ones I have seen are great. Keep on creating my friend and I will visit your blog / gallery as often as I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 11:30 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Three years......I am not surprised...... You are known as the Guru and occasionally The Legend in our happy home. Angie all jokes aside, thank you so much for sharing your story and beautiful family with us. Xxx

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Angie, I loved reading about you! Like many others, I am STUNNED that you have only been stamping for 3 years! So much talent!

I especially loved how your hubby managed to get your phone number..."visitation"...heehee! What a clever man!

I have lived in Illinois my entire life, but I love to visit the Smokey Mountains, BlueRidge Parkway, etc. It's a piece of heaven here on earth, isn't it?

I'll be watching your gallery to see more beautiful stuff. No need to wait until next October, right?

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Angie, thanks for being hostess for HYCCT and for sharing your facinating life! You seem to live it to the utmost with all you are intersted in! tfs a bit of your life with us!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Reply With Quote Likes