View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:36 AM   #34
wavejumper
Proud Fan Club Member

I can see where this would annoy people.

I do Christmas although I am more Jewish-my dad was Christian. I put the tree up after Thanksgiving and keep it up till 2nd week Jan. Not for faith reasons...I just love the season and I have collected heavily over the decades (I am an orn junkie)-it takes me days to put it all up and I want to enjoy it for a long time. I joke a lot that if we got robbed no one would realize the "valuables" are the ornaments as I am not a jewelry person. LOL Why we got a fake tree since real dont last that long safely. (and DH was pitching a fit about the needles) I burn good quality pine scent candles and people dont realize it

ACK! They are advertising Christmas movies to start Oct 31st on the Hallmark channel!

What bothers me about (all) holidays is this value business. What happened to fun? (in addition to faith activities) A little bit each day to unwrap is FUN. I'm not supposed to provide a whole new wardrobe! Older people dont celebrate their Bdays...Anniversaries...I'm like any reason to party! woo hoo! You dont want "stuff"-go out to lunch! Get some flowers! Make some cookies! Christmas is falling victim to that too. Why I like handmade cards-a little something special on your day. Well that's my soap box.

I'll put a little something on a gift as the stocking stuffer part-Candy cane or something, and people and people are like HUH?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!