Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's everyone doing?

I am still trying to get settled. I did finally get my desk/studio area set up which was great, but my mojo is clearly packed in box..likely one of the million still in the garage ( which is the husbands territory btw LOL). I bought 2 on line classes but I am not sure i am really "feeling" it to be honest. I don't think I will buy anymore for a long time if ever.
Although I did really enjoy the one I bought on craftsy though. Lots of cool techniques and I found the instructor to be really helpful and knowledgeable as well.

So I got mildly inspired..then my daughter got sick and was home for 2 days..then my 13 yo got sick and was home for 2 days..then *I* got sick and was down for a week. Terrible sore throat..ear ache..headache..
Oh and did I mention they want to eat daily too?? And afterschool activities..gahhhh
It will work out..it will calm down...eventually right?
Oh yeah..
my husband has worked 6 days a week since we moved too : )
AND
my in laws are coming for a visit at the end of the month too

BUT I have cookies cooling...LOL

So..what's happening in your world?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

OMG I hate it when they all want to eat!!!

I just did a super fun technique for one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges - you'll see it soon - but it's addicting.

I also am experimenting with image transfers - that's fun, but it takes practice - I'm not very good yet.

Sorry you had a bad experience with online classes - I've had good luck with a few - don't give up .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been making watery coloured papers with my inks and watercolour paper. Then I'll use them as backgrounds or die cut them.

BUT.......

I've barely made a thing all year as I was just not 'feeling' it either. There were times when I looked into my craft room and was concerned that I may never get that feeling back and what was I going to do with all that stuff in there. But I figured life was too short to sweat about where my mojo went so I went and played more with the dogs, or put more time into other areas of my life that were getting neglected.

This last week I finally got that old time creative feeling back, but I'll just take it as it comes. If it stays around long enough for me to get the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges done for October I'll be abundantly satisfied. If not I'll be thankful for what I can achieve.

The fact that my Muse ever invested time, ideas and inspiration into my insignificant corner of the creative realm is a gift. I guess it was someone else turn to benefit more greatly than me from that gift this past year.

Good luck with your children and family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I have been playing around with Julie Nutting's doll stencil and making art dolls. Has anyone else tried it? I just love her. You can see my first attempt in my gallery if you're interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I love Julie Nutting. I own her first book. I have one of her stamps.

I am not art journaling. I am creating. I am working on my OOAK Dolls. I guess I am working with dolls in a different way. I am going to be decorating my home this week. I am doing some pretty heavy video gaming right now. I am just wanting to work on small projects with little mess. That's my thing with art journaling it's so messy. When I am gaming I don't want messy.

My hubby is getting into a serious crochet mood. He is wanting me too play with yarn to keep him company. I will probably be grabbing out my loom knitting things and make something cute.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2014, 05:23 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hope you and your family are on the way to healthy now!!

Don't you just hate it when life keeps slamming you with one thing after another, ugh! My first thought when you mentioned not enjoying the online classes was, "she's too stressed to relax and enjoy them". I'm assuming you have permanent access to them so maybe try them again later when your muse is feeling creative again.

Misstreez, you are right about not forcing creativity. When I was in a slump the more I forced it the less creative I felt. The good news is it will come back, be patient. I was in a MAJOR creative funk for more that 2 years but am going strong now. All the talk at SCS about Prisma pencils made me want to pull them out of the drawer and play. Spent a good portion of Fri and Sat being creative with pencils, ink, even acrylics.

I even got around to buying a new memory card for my camera and then finally got it put into my camera and took a few pics. They still need editing but as soon as I do, I'll share something(s).

I've also been tweaking my room. I think the basic layout I have now will work. I'm still moving stuff around but it seems to be "getting there", yeah!

Last edited by stampin stacy; 09-29-2014 at 05:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2014, 05:37 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Sounds like mother creativity has taken a break from a lot of us this past year.
This was a truly emotional battering year for me. I won't go into all of it..but man..my little brain is on overdrive..it just needs to shut down for a little while I think. Making dinner edible is the most creative i have gotten LOL
My walls are still bare here b/c I can't quite decide where I want things HAHAHA..

One class was good. I actually took a few things away from it that I might try in the future. But the other one..and this kinda embarrasses me to admit, but it is her voice that is bothering me..lots of " umm's and yeahs" . And listening to that for an hour long video ..it feel like i am talking to my kids..Sounds ugly and hateful I know, but it is the truth. Not a lot of " meat" to them. BUT, that could just also be the place I am in right now..not of " open mind and spirit". So I have put that class on hold for a little while. I only have access for 1 year so eventually I MUST watch...but not right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2014, 05:37 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I've been reorganizing. I got to the point where every horizontal surface in my house was craft-filled and it was time to tackle it. My house is magical. Every time I put something away, two more things spring up in its place.

Other than that, I've been deep into making Christmas cards. Also Julie Nutting doll tags for friends and family, attempting to portray each person. They have been a big hit and I keep getting requests for more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #9  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I'm making cards for SCS swaps and trying to incorporate mixed media techniques on the cards. I have not gotten up enough nerve yet to tackle art journaling, so this is how I've decided to delve into mixed media with less intimidation, at least for now...

Last week I was trying alcohol ink techniques on glossy cardstock in the hopes of moving up to using them on yupo paper, but it was a mega fail (at least I didn't waste any yupo lol). But I'll keep trying since I think alcohol ink (and watercolors, too) can be so beautiful on the yupo. I'm working on a new set of cards starting this week and I'm going to try the black gesso ghosting technique. It looks awesome.

I have to remember that I need to practice practice practice. I don't know why, but I have a tendency to watch a video/dvd and then expect it to absolutely come out right the very first time I try - WRONG!!!!! hahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Ummm & Yeah would bother me if I paid for the class. I don't think that is mean. If I am buying a class I expect a level of professionalism for my money. When I was a teenager I took a real crafting class and the instructor kept saying ummm & yeah during the real class. I was in a class of older women who were in their thirties, forties & fifties. I am not saying women in their 30's-50's are old but to a teenager that is adult. The women were so mad at her for her lack of professionalism teaching this class that they asked for a refund. I didn't ask for one but I got one back anyway because the nice ladies did that for me. Even at teenager age her ummm & yeah really bothered me.

Free videos umm & yeah doesn't bother me. I know it's nerves. I have vertigo. I listen to all my YouTube videos with my headphones. Strangely ummm & yeah over and over again triggers my vertigo. I can turn the videos off.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2014, 04:47 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

DeeAnn I think that was it..I paid for it. It doesn't bother either if it is a free video. I wanted actual content and techniques..and don't feel I got it..or either I already knew it if that makes sense. I don't mean to sound like I know everything because I certainly do not, but truly, I could have found all of the info ( and then some) on the net..for free. Makes me kinda sad that I wasted the money..it could have paid for a supply or 3.

I think I need an in person class. I am going to look into a class at the university after the first of the year. I have a friend that I think would go with me too. I think I need to see and hear someone live . Maybe a life drawing class or even a painting class..or a watercolor class. I really want to learn but don't feel that with a lot of classes I am getting information I don't know already.

Also..and I might get run outta here for this LOL..I am not sure I am really into MM. ( gasp). I had more traditional training..and I love the old masters. I love straight up pastel or watercolors..or acrylics. I think denying myself that in order to somehow feel like I fit in and have an " on line home" so to speak is holding my progress as an artist
back. I hope that doesn't sound offensive to anyone.

See, I LOVE what i see OTHER people do with layers upon layers of stuff..but for some reason it just looks messy and contrived when *I* try it. I think because it truly isn't *MY* personal style and I am just trying to hard so it doesn't come naturally to me.

Maybe that is why I am just not getting into the last 2 or 3 on line classes. They are for the wrong thing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Mean would be actually telling the instructor what you thought in a blunt/rude way. Here at SCS you are just discussing and venting frustrations over a paid for product. I really hate umms and yeahs and expect if you are making a video, even a free one that they be minimal. I don't expect perfection with freebies but that's a deal breaker for me. Sorry but don't bother if you can't keep from say umm or yeah over and over and over again.

I've haven't done a lot of mm, I had a few card that I needed to make and still tend to find myself rearranging my room when I go in there. As you can tell I have managed to almost "get caught up" on picture taking though.

Gee I wouldn't know anything about feeling stressed out, ha ha. Made this last month.
Attached Thumbnails
What's everyone doing?-melt-down.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Stacy your card cracked me up. LOL
I feel like I am unnecessarily overwhelmed. Like..*I* am over complicating my own mind or something..does that make sense ? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkin OneView Post
Also..and I might get run outta here for this LOL..I am not sure I am really into MM. ( gasp). I had more traditional training..and I love the old masters. I love straight up pastel or watercolors..or acrylics. I think denying myself that in order to somehow feel like I fit in and have an " on line home" so to speak is holding my progress as an artist
back. I hope that doesn't sound offensive to anyone.

See, I LOVE what i see OTHER people do with layers upon layers of stuff..but for some reason it just looks messy and contrived when *I* try it. I think because it truly isn't *MY* personal style and I am just trying to hard so it doesn't come naturally to me.

Maybe that is why I am just not getting into the last 2 or 3 on line classes. They are for the wrong thing...
Online home- I have been here seven years now. I don't stamp like anyone over here. Everyone that is a regular knows my style is definitely off the realm from traditional stamping. I don't follow trends. I do my own thing. I am still here. I learn something new every day over here I can apply to my art even if it's not the art that is popular at the moment.

I am not into Mixed Media either. I don't like messy. I am very neat and linear. I like to work in small items. The popular Mixed Media out today is just not me. I enjoy looking at it. I enjoy learning about it. I even enjoy taking some of the techniques and putting it into my own art.

When I lost my child a couple years ago and then my friend who was a brother to me a few months afterwards so many of the lovely girls told me to start grieving my doing mixed media. Get messy with my gesso and paints and sprays. It would help me grieve. I did that and felt overwhelmed and like it didn't fit. When I sat down one day and started working with some rhinestones on a fiddly piece that is when I felt like myself and really could grieve. I put 200 rhinestones on that piece. I cried the whole time and could really think. That's when I found my natural fit.

My natural fit was always there but it just went dormant for awhile. You do get on the forums and want to try out the new and popular. All crafters are like that. I am sure over at Raverly some of the traditional knitters are doing something out of their realm because it intrigued them.

Give me a Filofax to do my own art journaling my style. Give me my Gesso and let me spend fifteen hours painting a scene. Let me sew sequins on a doll dress. I am happy. SCS will always be my online home.

Hope that helps some of y'all.

Stacy- Your new piece is funny and gorgeous.

Creating news- Nothing here. My plans went awry. Allergies made one of my eyes swell up. I am playing Princess Peach and binge watching Breaking Bad.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2014, 06:04 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

DeeAnn, would love to see your work. Do you have a gallery or Flickr site someplace?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

{our card cracked me up}...[funny and gorgeous]...
thank you, maybe this journaling your feelings thing really works; for me anyway.

Quote:

I feel like I am unnecessarily overwhelmed. Like..*I* am over complicating my own mind or something..does that make sense
exactly how I was feeling!!

I knew to a certain extent I was making mountains out of mole hill BUT I was frustrated, mad, overwhelmed and just plain tired so I couldn't let go of those feeling and get things into perspective. Time has passed and the world is right again for me and your life will sort its self out too.

and don't you dare leave us inkin one! Like Lylacfey says we may approach art differently but we can still chat about it and learn from one another. BTW, technically speaking if you use more that one medium on something you create it's mixed media, for example... inks and gel pen - at least that was what I was told once.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post

I just did a super fun technique for one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges - you'll see it soon - but it's addicting.
Ooh, you're such a tease :twisted:

Can't wait to see your technique, Lydia. Super fun AND addicting - sounds marvelous, dahling......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried TreasuresView Post
DeeAnn, would love to see your work. Do you have a gallery or Flickr site someplace?
I use to try so hard to keep up my Flickr account. Sometimes I share photo's, especially when I was over at Craftster. By the time I get done with a project I don't feel like taking pictures. I am good at taking picture of nature, my animals & things that inspire me. I don't take pictures of my work any more. I do think I am going to start taking more pictures of my dolls and the things I do with them. I am always so inspired by all the doll photos on Flickr and the beautiful scenes the girls create. I would love to delve into that. I would love to have a collection of my doll photos and the creations I make for them to make a scrapbook album.

My art journals are personal to me. I don't like to share those online. It's funny when I art journal it's not bad or sad things. It's usually very happy things. I am afraid I had some horrible people in my life when I had happiness they would find ways to destroy it. My art journals I am very protective of. I know it's quirky. I get protective of my real life stuff to the point of being reclusive. I know it's probably not healthy. It's something I need in my life now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2014, 05:33 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

I'm going to edit and resize some pics of a mini book I finally finished. I say finally because it was a UFO (UnFinished Object-project) that I found and decided to complete. I managed to take an ugly to me piece of 12x12 and turn in into a stunner of a lil book. Now I have a christmas gift ready to give, just have to decide who the lucky recipient will be.

As far as MM/AJ goes I am trying to decide if I have enough pages to bind for a book. Which leads me to another question, do I do unbound again or buy a spiral next.... hmmm.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Thanks ladies! It's nice to know I am not alone in my struggles~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #21  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacyView Post
I managed to take an ugly to me piece of 12x12 and turn in into a stunner of a lil book..
Sounds like you turned that 'ugly to you piece' into a 'flopportunity' - YAY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

'flopportunity'
LOL, yes I did and I love that word!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacyView Post
LOL, yes I did and I love that word!
It is a great word!!

To give credit where credit is due, I got the 'flopportunity' term from Journal Artista (a mixed media artist that I follow).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #24  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
It is a great word!!

To give credit where credit is due, I got the 'flopportunity' term from Journal Artista (a mixed media artist that I follow).
I'm so using this word when I make cookies again HAHAHAH ( it's a " family joke" that I can't make cookies..so we get homemade " crumbled ice cream topping :oops LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #25  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Journal Artista (a mixed media artist that I follow)
I think I've seen a tube video by her, hmmm have to check them out.

I uploaded my mini book to the gallery if you want to check it out: Discover joy mini book by stampin stacy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I pulled a spiral binder out of my stash and have started using it, it is supposed to be for scrapbooking but since it has 80# cardstock I figured why not. I'll never get around to using it as a scrapbook any way. I've done the front page and the backside of that I drew squares all over. Then I colored them in with various watercolors. Now I can randomly decorate and write a word into the squares when the mood strikes. My version of daily calendar style journaling but less structured.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2014, 01:15 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

I'm sorry to hear about all the illness. I just came down with something 2 others in my family are sick and countless at work are down. I actually had to call in today.

There is a nasty bug going around.

I hate when I hit those inspirational blocks. You'll get it back. BTW, classes are on sale 50% right now on Craftsy. Good luck. I hope you all feel better soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

I wonder if this is why we are all so quiet because we are all sick. I am recovering from tonsillitis and a bad bout of bronchial asthma. I don't know how I am one of the "lucky" ones to always get these combos. Then my DH & I lost another loved one which was a brutal blow and we were completely devastated. I would just love one year not to lose anybody I love.

On the brighter side we have been adopted by a new kitten. She keeps me hopping on all her new adventures. She was in a cage from day one since her birth. My home is one big wild frontier that needs exploring.

I am taking time off in my art to concentrate on getting better and mourn. I am going back to my room in a couple of weeks to start holiday crafting and my December Daily. I am one of the girls who wants to start it early this year.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #28  
Crimping Master

DeeAnn I am sorry for all of the loss your family has experienced the past couple of years.
I hope you feel better soon and can get creative. It seems to have been a bad year for a lot of people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #29  
Mad Swapper

Just heard that one of my aunts has the flu now, it sure got started early this year. I am finally better but I didn't think my nose would ever stop running. Sorry so many of you are sick too, hope you get better soon!

Confession time, I made Christmas cards last year but didn't get them sent out so I'm ahead of the curve on that one this year. I just have to get them all addressed and sent out.

I am feeling very overwhelmed by all the Ebola coverage here in the Dallas area, not exactly creativity inspiring. I think it's time to take the example of the other thread and just get messy!! and no radio or tv news for a while... thank goodness for the invention of dvr!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Because I have the big C, I am urged to get the flu shot, which I did. The thing about the flu shot is that it doesn't protect you from all these wild viruses that are going around as well as, the basic common cold. I think that's what I've been fighting since Saturday night. I'm going to go back to work tomorrow. ugh.

Concerning the Ebola thing, I would be freaking if I was in Texas or Ohio right now. I'm in Denver and that plane was due to come here. I have family in Texas and in Ohio, so I am a bit freaked anyway. I'm from Ohio. Heck, it's in the states I'm a bit freaked.

Wow, this thread went in a weird direction...lol Not that its Funny ha ha, but just our state of affairs right now is off balance. I don't like being sick and I've been seriously ill for a few years and knowing that all the stuff going on right now keeps me even more off balance. I pray for everyone right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

DenverKat- Hugs to you. Don't feel bad I am a germaphobe too. I don't mean that flippantly. I really am a germaphobe. I think being scared about the outbreak is a good thing. For most people it keeps them vigilant. I have a low immune system so I get really scared about getting sick.

I get what you mean about feeling off balance. It sure does not make me want to create anything when I feel that way. I don't think it's weird the thread went off the rails. Some people are probably feeling relieved they are not the only ones feeling this way.

Stacy- I am going to take your road and knock off the TV too. You know I am not a TV watcher. I only watch Jeopardy. The news follows Jeopardy and I have been so tuned into it lately. I know I was watching to keep my mind off of things. That is not helping. I have caught myself reading Google news like five times a day. Like something is going to change in between those five times I am reading. Best well wishes to your Aunt.

I am slowly on the mend. I can breathe better now. You are all going to love this. I have a blocked Eustachian tube. I do not wish that on anyone.

I am starting to feel creative. I want to sew. I am thinking of making a pretty top and some doll clothes. Sewing I can get lost into my project. Mixed Media and grieving do not go well for me. Applause to the girls who can create journals and mixed media when grieving. I tried it and that was not good for me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2014, 05:30 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

You think ya'll got too much coverage where you are that is the ONLY thing that is talked about around here, local as well as national coverage. We had a storm barrel thru the area and knock out power to tons of people and all it got was the brief-est of mentions and I couldn't even tell ya'll what is happening internationally anymore.

That being said, I'm a going to live my life and carry on as normal. I can't and won't stay at home closed off and scared. Denverkat276, unless your family has had direct contact with someone while they had fever they are fine and will be fine. enough about that.

Lylacfey, the best over the counter med for blocked tubes is Rescon GG, you have to ask for it though. It is kept behind the counter, learned about it when my son was a toddler and we have been using it ever since. It's liquid and tastes nasty but it sure works.

My sister has asked me to go to a high school craft fair fund raiser this weekend. Think as a non-crafter she'd be embarrassed if I showed up with a notebook and camera for idea stealing? Hopefully it will kick start my creative muse wandering up and down the aisles. I'll be sure to share any cool ideas with ya'll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

Stacy, thanks for the reassurances. I was reassuring my daughter because I have been thinking about flying to Ohio for a long weekend the week b4 Xmas. I honestly am trying to reassure myself too.....lol I really miss my oldest daughter, my daughter's family and my brother. It would be my xmas present to me. I agree I don't want this to imprison me because I'm scared.

I am limiting my exposure to the coverage on tv. My sister keeps me updated. She knows how easily I get scared and upset about things on tv. I was out on FMLA when the Aurora shooting happened. It was very difficult for me to get my nose out of that coverage as I actually knew someone that was at the theater. She got out safely thank goodness. Since then, I have to police myself on watching the news. I never talk about this, but I work with law enforcement, so I know everything that is going on locally, it's the national stuff that I have to curb myself on.

I too am on the mend and I've been using my in bed time to make little rolled roses and other flowers. I'm also creating a diagram for a foam core board to hold my stamp pads, markers and different times of inks and stuff. I've been measuring and trying to figure out how I want it displayed. I've got a 14 in by 28 in cubby area on my work station. My mind has been ticking with that. Watching youtube and pinterest things on these types of storages have filled my sick days.

Deann, When I'm grieving.... I can't be creative with anything. I too applause anyone that can do anything when grief stricken.

Stacy, I agree that craft fairs and stuff like that gives me great inspiration. I've gotten many an idea at those places. I'm always perusing pinterest and my blogs for inspiration. I have come up with some holiday ideas already for this holiday season. Everyone I know is getting a flipflop album that I make when I need a gift. I'm thinking of posting a video of one I made on my youtube channel here soon. I was pretty proud of myself for the video. I may also do a tutorial as I have altered a couple of ideas I have found on Youtube. If I do post the video, maybe I'll post a link to get some feedback, when I upload it. I don't have a blog or anything like that I just have some personal videos at the moment so this would be my first craft video to post. I have been thinking of starting a minor blog thing for my own prosperity after the first of the year.

BTW Stacy, How did the cookies turn out?? lol

Oh, and Lydia, when will we see this technique??

Geeze, I'm wordy... My apologies ladies. You would think that being under the weather I wouldn't have gotten that much thinking done! lol

Last edited by Denverkat276; 10-16-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Stacy- Thank you so much for the recommendation. You can't even imagine how grateful I am. What I am taking is not working. I am in a lot of pain. Which hurts my pride to say that. I am supposed to be all tough.

Your news needs to take a chill pill. I bet your thinking that too. I hope parents are turning the TV off. Can you imagine how scared the children must be? I am all about vigilant info but not to the point of over coverage. You know what is making steam come out of my ears now is a brief mention of a storm! You know how I am about getting storm info out before and after. You know that is my hot topic thing.

Girl take your camera and notebook. Sisters need to be embarrassed, lol. You have a cool sister. I bet she will love it.

Stacy is right DenverKat. Remember we live in one of the most sterile countries in the world that have better hygiene than many parts of Africa. It's definitely ok to be scared where we are vigilant. The press is going overboard and causing fear. I am not trying to make light of it. I have been really sick and I lost somebody I loved dearly. Of course I am not in a good emotional state and all this coverage is making me think a Walking Dead scenario. I really do understand the fear.

DenverKat- Your sick time sounds so productive. I am reading books and playing casual games. You inspired me to make flowers. I will give you feedback if you make YouTube videos. I keep saying I want to make videos and then I get all shy.

Wordy? I am the queen, ROFL! What is funny I am not talkative in real life. I am very quiet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Denverkat276, sounds like a case of cabin fever to me, lol. Get out the house, even it is just for a short walk or a trip to the store. I envie you the patience to make paper flowers, can't wait until you are well enough to use them on card so we can see them. You are going to share, right?!

A reminder that I heard on TV this morning that I think will help put the E scare back into perspective. NONE OF THOMAS'S FAMILY have gotten sick so far and the 21 day watch period is close to over. There is more and more truth coming out about why those nurses who got sick, it is not just from being around him. I would certainly not cancel holiday plans to travel, I'm not even worried about sharing a house my airline working dh. So go live your lives, I am.

I think I'm going to rummage thru the need shred box to see if there are any envelopes in there by mistake that I can alter, later ya'll.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

I love making paper flowers. I've been doing more scrapping then card making. I'm a need by need basis with my car making.

Do to my illness, I'm making scrapbooks for my grand babies. It's the legacy I'm leaving them. I'm in the middle of embellishment making. I plan on at least starting my gallery with my embellishments very soon. Then I'll post my layouts and then some cards. I've been on a supply creating mission lately. I love making flowers. I love my die cutting for it. I don't need anything except maybe perishables for quite sometime. (perishables are glues and tapes in my worlds lol). I'll definitely post them. I consider my handmade flowers and stuff like that as my supplies.

You are so right, I've had cabin fever. I went out yesterday for about an hour. Today, I'm cleaning up my bedroom from my homebound stint this week. After that, I've got a little treat set up for me. I live in Belmar in Lakewood Colorado. It's one of those communities that have Row Homes, Apartments, restaurants, shopping, movie theaters etc. Heck, we've got a Hobby Lobby 1 block away. I'm going to walk down the street for some gelato and then on my way back, I'll most likely walk around Hobby Lobby and see what's happening on their clearance rack. They moved a lot of stuff last weekend. I want to see what came in. They told me they had a lot of new stuff coming in. lol Not buying this time, just looking.

Later all. I'm sure Ill be back on before bed tonight!! Enjoy your Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

DenverKat- I am like that with my cardmaking to is need by need. I think at times I should set down and make an assortment of cards to have on hand. Before I got into cardmaking I use to buy a lot of cards at the beginning of the year to keep on hand. I stopped doing that when I got into cardmaking. I can say with all certainty not having cards on hand has put me in a bind. Most of my "card making" is the front panels. I use the panels for other things.

I love to make flowers & embellishments to. That is my big love. I didn't even know we could share our embellishments in the gallery. I like your idea for that. I consider my hand made embellishments supplies too. I get so excited when I see an embellishment I can recreate. I am like an excited five year old.

Is your die cutter manual, electronic or both? I just packed away my dies but I think a few are coming out this weekend. I just got some beautiful scrap fabric tonight to make doll clothes and found some fabric in the bin to make beautiful flowers.

Your town sounds so beautiful, truly. I am thinking of going to Hobby Lobby this weekend too. I want to look at fabrics. It depends on how long I am the game store. My DH is doing some trading. We are dropping one of our pre-orders to put on a different pre-order. We are going to be a nightmare. The poor employees.

I am back in my art studio on Monday. I will have a stack of new books and a new game. I am going to fuss and make small things in my room. It's going to be heavenly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #38  
Insane Embellisher

OMGoodness, you just describe me to a T. I definitely get all gitty when it comes to making embellishments, especially flowers.

I'm a bit overboard with my die cutters. I have both and multiples in both...lol.

I have a Grand Calibur which I absolutely LOVE to use with all my spellbinders dies, (I got it on clearance at HL when they started dumping spellbinders $53). I have an Epic from Quickutz to use for the steel dies. I do use electronics too. I have a slice (which I don't use much but can't seem to part with), I have a Silhouette SD (I want to update but don't really need to), and I have a cricut expression (I love the flower shoppe cart). I also use punches too. All my die cutters were bought on clearance or CL, that's how I justify it. lol

I love the steel dies for the fabric flowers that I make. I love burlap that's been coated with watered down mod podge then cut out with tim's tattered flowers die. Geeze, I could go on and on about my love of making flowers.

I am planning on doing some photos and posting. I think if we have a gallery, that we should post what we make and like to make. I love cards but they're not my passion. Mini albums and embellishments are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

DenverKat- I love your idea about the gallery of embellishments. That's why I don't share a lot because most of my creations are embellishments. I do make a lot of albums too. I am so into Project Life Hybrid style right now. I made up Project Life Hybrid style, ROFL!

I have a Cuttlebug, Big Shot, Cricut & Silhouette Cameo. I almost picked up Flower Shoppe today. Now, I am even more tempted.

Girls- I am telling you go to Hobby Lobby. ! Denver is so right the clearance section is completely reset. They had BIA's, Nesties and a ton of beautiful paper crafting things in my clearance section. They had a BIA for $25. Yes, I went to Hobby Lobby today. I didn't buy any paper clearance items. I did buy a stamp on sale. I got some fibers and yarn from that area's clearance section.

Hobby Lobby was what I needed. Really helped my MoJo. I spent time in my art studio tonight playing with stamps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I gotta tell you.... You're going to love the Flower Shoppe. They have a giant flower cart too, I didn't partake, but the regular one has so many different cuts that you can inner change and make really nice flowers is a multitude of sizes. I'm actually using this cart to help a friend at work's daughter. She's trying to make her own paper flowers for her wedding. I make different flowers and take them to her and tell her how long each one will take between cutting and assembling. I'll probably do all the cutting for her or lend her my machine, then teach her and "Her Team" how to do each style. You're going to love that cart for sure.

I actually didn't get over to Hobby Lobby Friday and was planning on going yesterday but I ended up camped out at sprint for 4 hours. That wouldn't be an issue but there are only 2 within a 50 mile area that have tech support. It threw a wrench in my day for sure. I started at the one that was a block away from me. I waited there for and hour and a half then was sent to the one north of Denver... ugh that's where I spent 4 hours. I had 2 phones in our framily that needed to be fixed and/or replaced. That was so fun to spend the only truly day off I had the last week. Whahhh whooo. That's ok, I keep thinking I've got a vacation coming up in mid December. I'm going to buckle myself down until then and make sure that I have a couple of hours of play each day after work. I've got to clean up my studio though.

I highly recommend checking out HL clearance. I'm going by tomorrow before work and see if there is anything to buy for my daughter. She is an artist and I get a lot of stuff for drawing and send to her in Ohio. She's very talented.
Reply With Quote Likes