Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible Customer Service From Hero Arts

I love Hero Arts stamps so I decided to order from their website. Terrible mistake. After waiting 9 days for my order to ship I finally contacted them. Got a poorly written response in broken English saying an item I ordered was out of stock and that's why my order was just sitting there. They then took it upon themselves to remove that item from my order without asking me if I wanted to wait for it. The icing on the cake is that the item still shows as "Available" on the site and can be placed in a cart and purchased. This was my first order with Hero Arts and I will never place another one.

If something is out of stock, your website needs to reflect that. You should not be selling items you don't have.

If something goes out of stock during order fulfillment, you need to notify the customer ASAP and give them the option of waiting for it to come back into stock, cancelling that item, or having the rest of the order shipped and the backordered item shipped when available.

You don't sit around and do NOTHING until the customer complains.

Am I right?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I think so. I would be upset at that kind of service as well.

I haven't had experience with them, but on several discussion threads here, HA has come back and been very helpful and seemed to go out of the way to help.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree with you. Unfortunately a lot of companies are outsourcing their customer service department to other areas of the country. They either don't understand the question you are asking or don't understand policies.

This is the very reason I switch our cable company. They couldn't understand my Southern Accent and I couldn't understand their accent and it just didn't go well at all. Plus the service of the cable company was horrible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I just got another email that ANOTHER item I ordered has been cancelled for being out of stock-and yep it still shows as available on their site. So much for the project I had planned. Avoid Hero Arts' online store-they are beyond incompetent. I ordered three items, two have been cancelled after NINE DAYS of waiting and now I am not sure I even want the third. I am so angry right now at how poorly I am being treated and at having my time wasted. NEVER AGAIN will I buy a Hero Arts product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,738 Likes on 1,856 Posts

The first online company I ever ordered stamping product from was HA. I used to love them. They packed the shipment right in their warehouse and they always put extras in the shipment (8 - 10 years ago). The last time I ordered, it took forever for the order to arrive, it wasn't packaged well, and the return address was not the HA address in California(5 years ago). They began having local scrapbook stores fill the order, but my local store was several states away. I have never ordered from them again. I still love their product, but rarely purchase any, these days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Never ordered from Hero Arts and now I won't. Love their products though. Thanks for sharing your story - you really should not have been treated this way. Another company that doesn't care....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm shocked to hear this. A number of years ago, I bought an alphabet stamp set that had a defective stamp. They were excellent about replacing it and were very courteous about it. I guess things have gone downhill over the years. That's very sad, and I don't blame you for being upset. I would be too. If I were you, I would contact their home office.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I'm shocked to hear this. A number of years ago, I bought an alphabet stamp set that had a defective stamp. They were excellent about replacing it and were very courteous about it. I guess things have gone downhill over the years. That's very sad, and I don't blame you for being upset. I would be too. If I were you, I would contact their home office.
I will, if I can find their contact info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So very sorry to hear this,Hero Arts has always had a dear place in my heart. The only things I've purchased through their website are digital content. But I didn't want to chance physical product just because of the way they sell and ship through local stores. Now I know why I was hesitant to do that.
I agree with others, you should write corporate headquarters, I'm sure they would not want you to be treated this way!

Last edited by klh54; 09-04-2014 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I've never ordered from the Hero Arts website but have ordered Hero Arts stamps from 123Stitch.com and CreativePlayStamps.com; both have lots of HA stamps and great customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Of course you are right! Some companies will post their policy for backorders on the site in the shipping info section. Like they will send what they have, and send the rest when they get it or credit you if they sold out of it. A few give you a choice as to what to do.

I tend to get Hero from gen suppliers myself. But I am not happy with that terrible service they gave you! Nor did I know direct orders to them are fulfilled in LSSs. Good to know.

I agree-call the home office. They should how they are being represented to the public.

Too many fish in the sea to put up with bad service. Or just get them from the gen suppliers like Joann's or the ones above, etc.

I just told a company I was un-subscribing to them because I had messaged them twice in their system with a question that prevented me from buying and since they never chose to answer me-they obviously did not want my business. So no point getting the emails. (As I am online often late at night-I cant call.)

Oh dont get me started with cable CS...I just spent an hour on that, mostly because of the rep's thick accent plus I am not technically oriented. Bad combo! Use words I dont know in an accent I cant understand! Yikes! I just made them keep repeating it over and over or say it in a different way-I just said "I dont understand what that means". I could care less if they think I am an idiot as long as I get what I need. They probably fell out of their chair exhausted when they hung up LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
I will, if I can find their contact info.
I think this would probably be their home office, no?

Hero Arts: Card making, scrapbooking and craft ideas with rubber stamps, clear stamps and cling stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Thank you, I overlooked that. I will give them a call.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Such a shame this has happened. I have always had such a great response from them. Ordered quite often and always received in good time for something coming to Australia. I also had a stamp that wasn't stamping well, it was a big one. They didn't even question my claim, just sent a new one and apologised for the defective one. Latest order was about two months ago. Its disappointing when companies dont keep up with the latest in computer software.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 02:51 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

I haven't ordered from them since they outsourced their order fulfillment to Shopatron. I have never had good luck or service from Shopatron and I have noticed that whenever they are involved, I can usually find it cheaper elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Don't these companies notice problems when they outsource??? Kind of sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

No, no response. In fact my last few emails to them have been ignored as well and my entire order has not been cancelled. So I have no items and haven't seen any refund hit my CC yet. I did get one email almost two days ago, obviously from someone other than an outsourced agent apologizing and offering to send me some free items. I responded and never heard back. I am honestly shocked a company could treat a customer so badly. I know it's just stamping stuff but I feel angry and frustrated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I just discovered they have a Twitter account and tweeted them. Maybe that will get their attention.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
No, no response. In fact my last few emails to them have been ignored as well and my entire order has not been cancelled. So I have no items and haven't seen any refund hit my CC yet. I did get one email almost two days ago, obviously from someone other than an outsourced agent apologizing and offering to send me some free items. I responded and never heard back. I am honestly shocked a company could treat a customer so badly. I know it's just stamping stuff but I feel angry and frustrated.
Keep an eye on your calendar so you know when to dispute the charges if you have to! I hope they will resolve it to your satisfaction by then, but I also would hate for you to miss out on the opportunity to utilize a different remedy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Keep an eye on your calendar so you know when to dispute the charges if you have to! I hope they will resolve it to your satisfaction by then, but I also would hate for you to miss out on the opportunity to utilize a different remedy.
I will. And that should say my entire order has now been cancelled. They cancelled the rest of it. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

It's very disappointing to hear this. I love their stuff. I buy it all the time at Mikes and HB. I'm sorry this has happened to you. I will use caution as well. Thank you for informing us as this is good information to know.... especially, since we usually prefer to go right to the source. Very sad to hear this.
Reply With Quote Likes