View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
Cook22
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Default WT491 ~ Let's Sail the Seven Seas ~ {08/07/2014}

It's Sabrina here with the first challenge for August. Eek, where has the year gone!!

In my teens I read almost all the books by the Norwegian anthropologist Thor Heyerdahl, including The Kon-Tiki Expedition. We even had a Kon-Tiki board game - I can still remember the little raft that we moved round the board, and some of the game cards, especially the fish ones.
Today marks the anniversary of the day his expedition landed in Polynesia after a 4,300 mile journey (taking 101 days) from Peru. His journey was made on a balsa-wood raft, but for today's challenge you can use any sort of ship or boat, it doesn't have to be a raft . You can even have a make-believe boat if you have a suitable stamp; I was pretty tempted to use one of my stamps which has a regular cardboard carton as an imaginary ship.

When you've gone sailing up in your craft room and created your card, upload it to the gallery using WT491 as your keyword, and be sure to come back and share a link here to make it easy for people to find it.

Here's a link to the gallery with the results of our voyage of discovery : WT491 LET'S SAIL THE SEVEN SEAS

Here's my sample: WT491 Ahoy

If you're not sure how to add a link, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one for your card in the gallery, and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Michelle has made a fabulous digital layout!
Attached Thumbnails
baltimoretrip.jpg   wt491c22.jpg  

Last edited by Cook22; 08-06-2014 at 05:05 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!